[ZS] Carrion Impact Mine Layer Needs To Be Nerfed Or Removed Immediately!

• Ill just cut to the chase with this suggestion, as the title clearly suggest’s.
    The “Carrion” Is way too overpowered of a weapon, as it instant kills zombies/ghouls/skeletons on head-shots, and gives 7-10 points per kill.
    It may be also worth to note that resupplies give 2 mines per use, though I don’t really see this being an issue.

If this wasn’t bad enough, because of how powerful the weapon is, People have been using it in mass and calling it the “New Meta”. Because of this, 30-40% of players been buying it every round, and since everyone has a limit of 10 mines per person, this causes huge issues with the server, which leads me into my next point.

With everyone purchasing the Carrion, and having a 10 mine limit, there is huge amounts of mines in maps at one time, causing the following:

1: Huge Stability issues within the server, Causing everyone to lag. Everyone thought the server was being DDOSED. I do believe Jet boom was trying very hard to fix these type of issues.
    Log of Incident, as of today. http://www.noxiousnet.com/logs/192_99_20_148_27015/2016_08_01/log048.txt
    EDIT- Appears as this was an actual DDOS attack, But I would not dismiss Fact #1 as it  could still cause Stability issues in a full server if overused.

2: Huge Fps drop off when too many mines are in place (50-200+)

My personal suggestion would be to adjust the mine limit to 3 per person, that way it would not cause any kind of stability issue, Damage wise I believe the weapon should either have its damage lowered, or have some kind of radius of how much damage it does depending how far the target is from the base of the projected laser, because as far I know, it does the same damage no matter har far you are from the base of the actual mine.    OR

REMOVE the weapons until it is reworked.

There will be screenshots to support this suggestion below.
    Thank you for your time.

• Ill just cut to the chase with this suggestion, as the title clearly suggest’s.
    The “Carrion” Is way too overpowered of a weapon, as it instant kills zombies/ghouls/skeletons on head-shots, and gives 7-10 points per kill.
    It may be also worth to note that resupplies give 2 mines per use, though I don’t really see this being an issue.

If this wasn’t bad enough, because of how powerful the weapon is, People have been using it in mass and calling it the “New Meta”. Because of this, 30-40% of players been buying it every round, and since everyone has a limit of 10 mines per person, this causes huge issues with the server, which leads me into my next point.

With everyone purchasing the Carrion, and having a 10 mine limit, there is huge amounts of mines in maps at one time, causing the following:

1: Huge Stability issues within the server, Causing everyone to lag. Everyone thought the server was being DDOSED. I do believe Jet boom was trying very hard to fix these type of issues.
    Log of Incident, as of today. http://www.noxiousnet.com/logs/192_99_20_148_27015/2016_08_01/log048.txt
    EDIT- Appears as this was an actual DDOS attack, But I would not dismiss Fact #1 as it  could still cause Stability issues in a full server if overused.

2: Huge Fps drop off when too many mines are in place (50-200+)

My personal suggestion would be to adjust the mine limit to 3 per person, that way it would not cause any kind of stability issue, Damage wise I believe the weapon should either have its damage lowered, or have some kind of radius of how much damage it does depending how far the target is from the base of the projected laser, because as far I know, it does the same damage no matter har far you are from the base of the actual mine.    OR

REMOVE the weapons until it is reworked.

There will be screenshots to support this suggestion below.
    Thank you for your time.

• Banned

The mines were not what was causing the lag Scott even confirmed that it was a ddos.

• @Certified:

The mines were not what was causing the lag Scott even confirmed that it was a ddos.

If this was the case, I would still find it very hard to believe that the mines didnt play a small role in the lag on a full server.
    Anyway, The amount of mines per person and damage still need to be lowered, as its game breaking for zombies in its current state.

• The mines could use a bit of nerfing or at least a change in quantity. 
    I saw doors being blocked with at least 20-30 mines making it near impossible for the zombies to approach with the on-coming bullet cade.
    The points earned with each kill could easily grant the person to purchase more mines to cover the doorways with.
    All things aside if this is changed or not, I will throw a heads-up that going BoneMesh and tossing the meshes at the mines can easily blow up 5-20 of the mines.

• It’s a bug that amplified the mine layer’s damage, as of this update, http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=20525

There was no need of this “URGENT” thread, just post in the publish thread.
    This doesn’t need a “nerf” either.

• Administrators

The thing where you get more points than a zombie is worth per kill is a bug which has just been fixed.

• @JetBoom:

The thing where you get more points than a zombie is worth per kill is a bug which has just been fixed.

Glad to hear, I also see that the mine limit has been reduced to 5/6 mines.
    Thank you for your time Jetboom.

• Zombies are unable to break the impact mines at the base.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84956545/videos/Half_Life_Source_08.webm

• Administrators

@Box fixed in a recent update.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.