[Windows 10] No video, but hear audio

• Basically I’ve tried a whole bunch of shit and none of it worked. Found out that Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge aren’t loading flash properly.  Internet Explorer says it’s not installed (while addons show A “Shockwave Flash Object” addon is in there, enabled with unknown publisher) and Microsoft Edge says it’s disabled despite the option very clearly being enabled in advanced options.

Flash works properly in Firefox, Chrome, and the Steam web browser. Before I discovered those two as the culprit,  I’ve tried the following in regards to being able to see videos again:

1. Did a clean reinstall of flash multiple times
    2. Reinstalled Gmod
    3. Redownloaded awesomium
    4. Made both awesomium and gmod run as admin
    5. Opened ports in both Windows firewall and my router
    6. Did a sfc /scannow. Detected corrupted files and fixed some but was unable to fix all of them. The log said no errors occured with flash installation.
    7. Uninstalled/reinstalled both Net Framework 3.5 and Internet Explorer 11
    8. Reset Internet Explorer entirely.
    9. Disabled hardware acceleration in both flash settings and internet explorer.
    10. Other things I can’t think of at the moment.

If anyone has any ideas that’d be great.

• Basically I’ve tried a whole bunch of shit and none of it worked. Found out that Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge aren’t loading flash properly.  Internet Explorer says it’s not installed (while addons show A “Shockwave Flash Object” addon is in there, enabled with unknown publisher) and Microsoft Edge says it’s disabled despite the option very clearly being enabled in advanced options.

Flash works properly in Firefox, Chrome, and the Steam web browser. Before I discovered those two as the culprit,  I’ve tried the following in regards to being able to see videos again:

1. Did a clean reinstall of flash multiple times
    2. Reinstalled Gmod
    3. Redownloaded awesomium
    4. Made both awesomium and gmod run as admin
    5. Opened ports in both Windows firewall and my router
    6. Did a sfc /scannow. Detected corrupted files and fixed some but was unable to fix all of them. The log said no errors occured with flash installation.
    7. Uninstalled/reinstalled both Net Framework 3.5 and Internet Explorer 11
    8. Reset Internet Explorer entirely.
    9. Disabled hardware acceleration in both flash settings and internet explorer.
    10. Other things I can’t think of at the moment.

If anyone has any ideas that’d be great.

• Have you tried to actually install Flash? Chrome and (I think) Firefox got their own embedded Flash players.

• @ReaM:

Have you tried to actually install Flash? Chrome and (I think) Firefox got their own embedded Flash players.

Chrome does for sure (it updates through Google) but Firefox doesn’t. You need to manually install flash for firefox. The other option you get for installing is for Opera and Chromium browsers. It didn’t matter which one of these I installed first or if I had both at the same time: Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge doesn’t notice it properly.

The uninstall process I did multiple times is this btw.

Edit: Discovered the Security Update for Flash player was the culprit. Uninstalling it allows Flash to run in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Not exactly the most safe option but the update either installs improperly or it’s bugged. However, videos still don’t load in MPTV. Audio works just fine though.

• Have you run an elevated command prompt to re-register flash?

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash[flash].ocx

Adobe have different recommendations for Windows 10 with IE than the link you gave. Follow these:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html[/flash]

• @Benjy:

Have you run an elevated command prompt to re-register flash?

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash[flash].ocx

Adobe have different recommendations for Windows 10 with IE than the link you gave. Follow these:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html

I've re-registered my flash version before with it saying it succeeded but no dice. I did follow that page before but the suggestions didn't fix flash in Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge until I uninstalled the Security Update for Flash Player.

So the situation is now this: Flash works in Firefox, Chrome, Steam Web Browser, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, still no dice. Unlike in Firefox there is no option in the Flash settings to turn off hardware acceleration, the tab is not there:

[img]http://puu.sh/qiA8R/cbd9707125.png[/img]

Turning off hardware acceleration in Internet Explorer however doesnt make a difference.

Edit: More things I'm noticing:

1\. When a video is starting to play, Awesomium Renderer might not appear in the Volume Mixer.  I tried shuffling around two videos and it seems how it works is that the first video doesn't play any video or audio. Second video plays audio but still has no video. Awesomium seems to not be affected by the Volume setting in the Alt menu (can hear audio despite it being 0 in ALT Menu)

2\. Going into Fullscreen (or going out of Fullscreen) resets the video to the beginning (but only on your end). Meaning, while a video may be in a minute and a half, the video will play from the beginning on your end.

3\. awesomium.log has this to say: "[0729/091950:INFO:dhcp_proxy_script_adapter_fetcher_win.cc(265)] Error fetching PAC URL from DHCP: 2". Line is created each time a video is being requested I think.

[/flash]

• Found out that the official Cinema gamemode can see videos just fine on either a local server or on a dedicated server. I don’t think anyone else on Windows 10 has this issue (SoloTredici and Box don’t) so I’m sorta wondering why MPTV can’t detect flash…

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.