[ZS] Buff Barricade Expert

• I believe barricade expert needs to be buffed again, the remort 1 requirement is amazing but there’s still problems relating to in-experienced barricaders.

Some non-barricade expert players are too proud to admit their barricade sucks and will continuously re-nail the props they placed badly resulting in a stalemate between the Barricade Expert and the Noob (View attached screenshot)

I suggest giving barricade expert a minor re-nailing delay to the player’s who’s nails have been removed, say one or two seconds to allow barricade experts to actually fix bad barricades.

• I believe barricade expert needs to be buffed again, the remort 1 requirement is amazing but there’s still problems relating to in-experienced barricaders.

Some non-barricade expert players are too proud to admit their barricade sucks and will continuously re-nail the props they placed badly resulting in a stalemate between the Barricade Expert and the Noob (View attached screenshot)

I suggest giving barricade expert a minor re-nailing delay to the player’s who’s nails have been removed, say one or two seconds to allow barricade experts to actually fix bad barricades.

• @♀☤☠Sneaky™²☠☣✓:

one or two seconds

I’d say 5 - 6 seconds, similar time for the meathook pickup grace period that prevents other players picking it.

• Pride doesn’t fade in 5-6 seconds. The truth is, the few admins that come online don’t pay enough attention to what happens with cading. And by the time they do something about griefers and shitcaders, it’s already too late to recover. It’s more difficult dealing with sub-par caders than it is actually building and defending the barricade (the core gameplay).

My suggestion, instead of adding another mechanic to play around for those with malicious intent, would be to appoint someone trusted by the community to be a sort of “Chief Cader” that has command powers but far far less than admins. Something like issuing 2-minute rubber hammers. The Chief would be a rank below admins so any admins seeing any abuse of power can revoke it immediately. You’re obviously going to say that we already have people who do that - admins. The failure in this is that the admins only act on faulty cading when its been complained about enough times. The barricading aspect of the game requires lots of attention and micromanagement, and having someone specifically to overlook barricading would be more efficient. They would be able to tend to the barricading duties of the game without having to call an admin at perhaps an untimely hour.

Of course, for this addition to the game to be worth it at all, the Chief would have to be someone that is frequently online.

• instead of adding a mini-staff feature for zs why not just the delay they said
    seems a little complex and too much effort for something so fixable

• @Abramighty:

Pride doesn’t fade in 5-6 seconds.

Personally, as someone who has spent the majority of their time in ZS cading, I’ve noticed that Kleiner Caders DO NOT GIVE UP. No matter what you do, they will always come back with a hammer and make the same mistakes that you told them to correct, chat or voice. The issue boils down to what makes a good vs bad cader. I don’t think these specific cading conflicts can be solved via permissions mechanics and certainly not the proposed resolution. It requires a human eye to see the unique problem of the moment and resolve it them.

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=20243.0

Everything that was mentioned here in response is still relevant

The delay is I suppose, workable.

• Just take the props they keep re-nailing and move them to the side and nail them until you are ready to use them for the cade

• Banned

@Abramighty:

I’ve noticed that Kleiner Caders DO NOT GIVE UP. No matter what you do, they will always come back with a hammer and make the same mistakes that you told them to correct, chat or voice.

omg the new people are trying to learn how to play, pls punish and cripple them! things must be done my way!

• @Kolmio:

omg the new people are trying to learn how to play, pls punish and cripple them! things must be done my way!

Even though you are sarcastic, we all know that’s not how they really are, usually they are the idiots who don’t communicate, don’t ask how to improve their cades, and most of all, do not care for other players and their complaints/opinions.

What this usually results in, is a moron making a blockade, sometimes even covering a real defend-able barricade made by another player.

This is a masterpiece.

• Administrators

https://github.com/JetBoom/noxiousnet-issues/issues/53

When a person with barricade expert skill, removes the nails of a person without it, that prop will not be ale to be nailed by a non-expert for the next 6 seconds, unless the person who removed the nail is dead or not in the general area during those seconds.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.