PSA: Make sure your forum e-mail is updated

• We’re going to be moving from SMF to NodeBB in about a month from now. This is a reminder that if you use the forums, you must have access to whatever e-mail you have on record for your forum account. The reason for this is that the new forum software password system is incompatible with SMF and all users will be required to reset their password via their e-mail.

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ACCESS TO YOUR FORUM ACCOUNT, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU ARE USING FOR IT. WE WILL NOT MANUALLY CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD FOR YOU. CHANGE THE E-MAIL TO ONE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO NOW IF YOU NEED TO. DO NOT HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS USING THE SAME E-MAIL!!

Threads and posts will be kept through the migration. It is likely that signatures and other “extra” data will be lost. Additionally, users will be able to use their Steam accounts as their forum accounts.

I’ll also run a redirector server for a few months that 301’s requests to the old forum to the new one.

• We’re going to be moving from SMF to NodeBB in about a month from now. This is a reminder that if you use the forums, you must have access to whatever e-mail you have on record for your forum account. The reason for this is that the new forum software password system is incompatible with SMF and all users will be required to reset their password via their e-mail.

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ACCESS TO YOUR FORUM ACCOUNT, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU ARE USING FOR IT. WE WILL NOT MANUALLY CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD FOR YOU. CHANGE THE E-MAIL TO ONE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO NOW IF YOU NEED TO. DO NOT HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS USING THE SAME E-MAIL!!

Threads and posts will be kept through the migration. It is likely that signatures and other “extra” data will be lost. Additionally, users will be able to use their Steam accounts as their forum accounts.

I’ll also run a redirector server for a few months that 301’s requests to the old forum to the new one.

• If you don’t have access to your old email (or don’t know how to operate the monstrosity that is SMF), you can change account emails here.

• You should save your PMs too. I’m not sure if it keeps them all.

• @JetBoom:

You should save your PMs too.

Where’s the option to do this?

• notepad.exe

• Update: we’re going to be doing this ASAP. Make sure what you want to save is SAVED and that your e-mail is UPDATED.

This is a pretty big undertaking by me because we’re moving everything from windows/php/mysql to linux/nodejs/mongo
    That includes new IPs for all servers. The old servers will act as redirection for the remainder of their life times.
    The new server has more powerful hardware and runs on linux. That alone should allow us to increase slots without having the awful lag spikes that happen at high player counts. For ZS I believe I’ve fixed this a little bit with the latest patches but this will help even further.

The following will be available immediately:
    Game servers
    Heavy / downloadurl

The following will also be available immediately and has been remade:
    Front page
    Logs
    Forums
    Bans
    Donations (now called “shop”)
    Rankings
    API
    Dynamic chat images (the one where I drag&drop image files to add them as chat emotes)

The following will be available in a few days from the update:
    Emoter (new ones)
    CSC
    GitBot

The following will be removed:
    Streams (mine might stay somehow but doubtful)
    Image dump (these haven’t been updated in years, I’ll upload a zip of them all to mega)
    Web chat interface to CSC (being changed to a proxy bot that sits in our Steam group chat room)

• The wiki has been broken for some time, I’m guessing it’ll go too?

• It’s been broken since 2014. Does anyone really care? You can make a wikia or something instead and I’ll link to it. I’ll dump the database in case anyone wants to look at it.

• Not really, it was useful for complicated gamemodes (TP), but it’s useless for our currently active ones which have a good F1 menu.

• @JetBoom:

This is a pretty big undertaking by me because we’re moving everything from windows/php/mysql to linux/nodejs/mongo
    That includes new IPs for all servers.
    The new server has more powerful hardware and runs on linux.

Is it the same or a different server provider?

• Same but with different hardware and infrastructure.

• We are doing this TODAY. Probably in the evening. Expect down time and stuff being broken.

• Do it you pussy.

• Annnnnd we’re updated. If you can’t reset your forum password then e-mail me.

If the brightness burns your eyes, you can change the forum skin in your profile settings. Cyborg is pretty dark.

I’ve went ahead and made all servers except MPTV 66 tick. Let me know how that goes.

Also, the loading screen will be blank for a bit while I set it up.

• I like these smileys.

:star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david: :star_of_david:

Everything looks out of place on non-default themes though.

• Making a new theme seems simple enough, Darkly is pretty close to the styling of the front page so I might play around with that as a base in the next couple of weeks.

• Dunno if it is just me but the site is pretty cumbersome on my phone. The menu bar in the top right of the site doesn’t expand when selected, which makes accessing your profile or logging in seemingly impossible. I had to log in by going into a thread and clicking the login or sign up button to get to the login screen. I was using the chrome app if that helps at all.

• Yeah just tested and that button isn’t functional on phone browsers. For now if you need to use a mobile browser you can login and browse/post as normal by going to https://forum.noxiousnet.com/login first.

• :gay_pride_flag: +1s for all :gay_pride_flag:

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.