[ZS] Zapper tweaking

• Is there any chance we could see a decrease in the pricing the zapper or some type of other buff? I understand it’s a niche tool, but it isn’t even good at it’s roll to justify costing as much worth as a turret. I don’t understand why it’s nearly twice as expensive as a turret in the arsenal crate either. It simply doesn’t perform on the same level as the turret damage wise, it’s health is terrible, and it’s damage is pathetic against even headcrabs. If it can’t receive a damage buff or a health buff, a large drop in it’s pricing would make it seem more justifiable to use.

60 worth would be more reasonable than 85 for starters.

• Is there any chance we could see a decrease in the pricing the zapper or some type of other buff? I understand it’s a niche tool, but it isn’t even good at it’s roll to justify costing as much worth as a turret. I don’t understand why it’s nearly twice as expensive as a turret in the arsenal crate either. It simply doesn’t perform on the same level as the turret damage wise, it’s health is terrible, and it’s damage is pathetic against even headcrabs. If it can’t receive a damage buff or a health buff, a large drop in it’s pricing would make it seem more justifiable to use.

60 worth would be more reasonable than 85 for starters.

• I can agree it doesn’t do much in damage from what its worth.  ???

• @Karma:

I can agree it doesn’t do much in damage from what its worth.  ???

Forgot to mention, there is no reasonable method to resupply for the zapper as well like the smg turret or blaster turret. you either have to have a pulse weapon or buy the ammo yourself.

• Game Admins

@JetBoom:

A 360 degree automatic 25 damage + slow compared to a ammo eating turret that only shoots in a specific direction, if a zombie crosses the beam.

It might need some form of tweak but considering what the zapper does in comparison to the turret it might have to be a small change, otherwise they’re no point in getting a turret

• I’ve seen how zappers have faired after I raised the point earlier on a publish thread, and I’m still inclined to agree that while zappers offer much more utility, they lose too much for it.

Issues being:

• Terrible damage even versus headcrabs.

• Costs a lot, and a really high amount of points from arsenal in terms of cost.

• Not trivial to resupply.

I see the point about making turrets obsolete and I’m very weary of that, but right now the utility offered isn’t really quite enough. It used to have an instant kill mechanism for headcrabs which may have been too much - so alternatively it could just do double damage to headcrabs (like melee weapons do). They’ll probably still survive due to resistance, but be greatly injured. It’s definitely costing a bit too much too, needs to be probably roughly the same as a turret in from the arsenal, potentially reduced in worth. About resupplying it, I was thinking of a change that would just allow you to resupply any ammo type regardless of what is equipped, because it just serves as a weird inconvenience in my opinion.

• I have no issue with it being a niche tool, it just has to be good at it. What is the delay between each charged zap? 3 seconds?

Is it possible we could see a mechanic be added to where once a zapper has it’s charge, it’s able to empower the damage of it’s next zap to a certain point? A normal headcrab has 40 health, so could we see something where the zapper is capable of doing up to 45 damage if it hasn’t attacked anything for like 5-10 seconds? But if zombies or headcrabs  are constantly attacking within it’s range, it won’t be able to build up that charge between attacks, staying at a steady 25 damage.

• @StudMuffin:

I have no issue with it being a niche tool, it just has to be good at it. What is the delay between each charged zap? 3 seconds?

Is it possible we could see a mechanic be added to where once a zapper has it’s charge, it’s able to empower the damage of it’s next zap to a certain point? A normal headcrab has 40 health, so could we see something where the zapper is capable of doing up to 45 damage if it hasn’t attacked anything for like 5-10 seconds? But if zombies or headcrabs  are constantly attacking within it’s range, it won’t be able to build up that charge between attacks, staying at a steady 25 damage.

If that’d be too strong of a mechanic for the zapper currently, tt’d be cool to see it as part of a craftable upgrade. Car battery and zapper maybe? The car battery acting as a capacitor to hold the access charge.

• Does the zapper slow zombies like pulse weapons? It would increase it’s usefulness as a support tool against headcrabs and strafing zombies

• @DR.:

Does the zapper slow zombies like pulse weapons? It would increase it’s usefulness as a support tool against headcrabs and strafing zombies

Already does

• +1  85 to 60.

zapper is useless…

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.