ROLL CALL 2016

• Over the past week, a few people in Mumble expressed interest in playing pretend. I share this interest but knew not how to express it until this morning when ye olde D1 ushered great wisdom into me, suggesting that I create a thread to organize some more of us pathetic nerds into a playgroup.

I would prefer playing simple, one-shot games and short serials over long campaigns to minimize the impact of player mobility. If we do anything longer we’d have to make sure it’s drop-in drop-out. We’ll likely be playing over Mumble, adding roll20 whenever necessary. I’m open to using other platforms (e.g. Tabletop Sim) if necessary but there should be a really good reason for using a non-gratis platform.

Anyone interested in joining should either post their availabilities in this thread or can contact me over our dear Mumble. Do briefly mention your level experience as a player and as a GM. This is for knowing what types of games we’re going to be playing rather than for discriminating; feel free to join if you’re RPG-curious. You may also suggest things to play as I certainly do not know every system and setting out there.

TL;DR:

• Internet RPGs for cool and hip nerds

• Post your weekly availabilities

• Mention your experience level as a player and GM and which role(s) you’d want to fill

For the record, I’m available or can become available at the following EST times, possibly more:

• Weekends, 8h00 to 15h30-ish

• Nights except thursday, 19h00 to midnight-ish

• Over the past week, a few people in Mumble expressed interest in playing pretend. I share this interest but knew not how to express it until this morning when ye olde D1 ushered great wisdom into me, suggesting that I create a thread to organize some more of us pathetic nerds into a playgroup.

I would prefer playing simple, one-shot games and short serials over long campaigns to minimize the impact of player mobility. If we do anything longer we’d have to make sure it’s drop-in drop-out. We’ll likely be playing over Mumble, adding roll20 whenever necessary. I’m open to using other platforms (e.g. Tabletop Sim) if necessary but there should be a really good reason for using a non-gratis platform.

Anyone interested in joining should either post their availabilities in this thread or can contact me over our dear Mumble. Do briefly mention your level experience as a player and as a GM. This is for knowing what types of games we’re going to be playing rather than for discriminating; feel free to join if you’re RPG-curious. You may also suggest things to play as I certainly do not know every system and setting out there.

TL;DR:

• Internet RPGs for cool and hip nerds

• Post your weekly availabilities

• Mention your experience level as a player and GM and which role(s) you’d want to fill

For the record, I’m available or can become available at the following EST times, possibly more:

• Weekends, 8h00 to 15h30-ish

• Nights except thursday, 19h00 to midnight-ish

• Let’s play, I’m pretty flexible on time. Neet until school starts back.

Played one game of it before, I know the basics but still new.

• I have absolutely no experience what so ever, yet have really wanted to try it out. My schedule is the same as suns.

• I’m up to play whatever RPG you can brew.

Experience: Mostly played DnD 3.5e with Tabletop sim combined with myth-weavers for character sheets.
    Not much with GM, only player experience. Preferred playing player.
    Never used roll20 before.

Times available: mostly available all the time, except Thursday (PTZ time).
    NEET until school starts again

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SparkyBio/

• For the record, when does school generally start? Early September?

Also I’d kick things off with https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/123829/everyone-john as I’ve been meaning to try it for a while. I’ve attached the (two pages of) rules if anyone wants to read them.

• For me, it starts around late August-early September, probably say something about it once I get more details.

• What a nice coincidence. My usual group is running play by post right now so i’m available to run live games.

Experience running: 3.5, pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu 5.6, Paranoia (XP), some misc. homebrews and whatever
    Experience playing: All of the above

I usually prefer to run games and I have a fair amount of CoC and Paranoia content already made from other groups I could use, but I’m down for playing anything quick.

This week is finals week so I’ll be busy for a bit, but once that’s wrapped up, saturday or sunday nights work best for me.

For the record, I never want to run 3.5 again. Pathfinder is a maybe. I’ll gladly run Call of Cthulhu or Paranoia, though. They’re my two favorite games, so I’m curious to know if anyone else is interested in them.

• Friday, June 10th 2016. Everyone is John. Get in Mumble before Friday and holla at me or Darker One so I can vouch that you’re a human being and to register to this VIP event.

Also DrunkenOrc, maybe provide another way for people to reach you if they don’t want anyone to know they’re going to be playing nerd shit.

• Friday at 19hXX btw

EST of course

• Used to play with some guy I became friends with over a mutual appreciation of gems, minerals, and fossils, so can’t you exclude me for non-nerdiness. His sister joined in but I don’t like her.

as long as it’s after 8 cst I’m pretty much always free.

• @Kari:

Used to play with some guy I became friends with over a mutual appreciation of gems, minerals, and fossils, so can’t you exclude me for non-nerdiness. His sister joined in but I don’t like her. He was always DM so no experience there.

as long as it’s after 8 cst I’m pretty much always free.

• We’re doing another run (of a different game). The set-time-and-date commitments I had outside of work are donezo so I’m available nearly anytime on weekends and weeknights.

Post you are availabilities.

btw I want to get back into GMing so I’ll be running ye olde show

• I have no experience with tabletop RPGs. I don’t have to worry about homework though, so there’s that.

Availability:
    Sunday 00:00 - 23:59 EST
    Monday - Friday 18:30 - 23:59 EST
    Saturday (All day)

• I might be available if there aren’t any projects due.
    I’m mostly free Friday - Sunday after 4 PM CST

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.