Rubber hammer for no reason

• Im Partisan ingame and im fairly new to this server.
    So yesterday as i was playing on the snow map, some guy made a shit cade on the ladder, which made me and several players unable to get up to the sigil, thus trapping and leaving us as bait to the zombies. It was not possible to use Z and then climb up, because the “cadder” nailed the probs right before the top of the ladder. Considering me and the other players didn’t wanna be zombie bait, i unailed the 3 props blocking our way so the rest of us could get up. Right after this however i disconnected as it was very late here in sweden and i was texing with a fine lady.

Now today i have a rubber hammer for 30 days, and the reason is “destorying cades and disconnecting”, And i think this is unjust, becuase there was plenty of time to fix the cade and do i proper, as there was still several props blocking the zombies in the stairs, so i was in no way griefing under a zombie attack to save my own life.

I hope that you can see my reasoning in this, and i have already learnt my lesson from a 1 day rubber hammer for shit cading. I no longer practice shit cading as i was a noob back then.
    I do not often work on the main cade but i can say that i am no longer as shitty as i used to be, and i mostly use my hammer to block off stuff like windows because our main caders often don’t have time for that. And i have also never ever tried to ruin somones cade unless they were 100 % shit cading or as in this case, trapping us by cading a ladder mid way.

• Im Partisan ingame and im fairly new to this server.
    So yesterday as i was playing on the snow map, some guy made a shit cade on the ladder, which made me and several players unable to get up to the sigil, thus trapping and leaving us as bait to the zombies. It was not possible to use Z and then climb up, because the “cadder” nailed the probs right before the top of the ladder. Considering me and the other players didn’t wanna be zombie bait, i unailed the 3 props blocking our way so the rest of us could get up. Right after this however i disconnected as it was very late here in sweden and i was texing with a fine lady.

Now today i have a rubber hammer for 30 days, and the reason is “destorying cades and disconnecting”, And i think this is unjust, becuase there was plenty of time to fix the cade and do i proper, as there was still several props blocking the zombies in the stairs, so i was in no way griefing under a zombie attack to save my own life.

I hope that you can see my reasoning in this, and i have already learnt my lesson from a 1 day rubber hammer for shit cading. I no longer practice shit cading as i was a noob back then.
    I do not often work on the main cade but i can say that i am no longer as shitty as i used to be, and i mostly use my hammer to block off stuff like windows because our main caders often don’t have time for that. And i have also never ever tried to ruin somones cade unless they were 100 % shit cading or as in this case, trapping us by cading a ladder mid way.

• You title the thread “Rubber hammer for no reason” then explicitly explain the reason you were rubber hammered

???

It sounds like there were unnailed props rejecting your movement. Holding phase allows you through nailed props at any point around a ladder. Loose props at the top can make it impossible to get through, however.

• Im sorry that you didn’t understand me. We where several people trying to use Z, but the ladder was to long so the phasing ended by the time we reached the “cade”. A guy was even getting killed from fall damage so this was not just a noob thing because we didn’t know what Z was.

• You have to be wrong, phasing don’t stop, and the ladder on snow is around the same lengh as on checkpoint, and I know on it when there is a cade up there I can phase and then climb without any kind of problem.

• Im talking about the ladder on the back of the place with the iron bars, not the bridge.

Edit: And to clarify, Phasing does end if you’re not entering any props, and you can’t start a phase mid ladder.

• set a key to suit zoom so that you can control how long the phase is. I have mine set to T and the suit zoom key is useful in many different gamemodes

• Thanks for the tip but that won’t change the fact i got rubber hammer for a invalid reason

• It seemed obvious to me you were pressing without stopping the suit zoom key, sorry for the misunderstanding.

• He was. A lot of people don’t understand that you have to hold Z prior to getting on the ladder in order to phase through stuff at the top; however, this doesn’t make it alright to go unnailing shit.

• Game Admins

The issue here is that holding down Z only activates suit zoom for two seconds, then it turns suit zoom off. Several ZS maps have tall ladders which make it impossible to phase through since suit zoom by Z either turns itself off before you reach the barricade, or while you’re climbing up it. Which means you need to manually bind Suit Zoom to a key to get past those barricades on the tall ladders.

I’m not sure if there is a reason for a 2 second only duration but if it was changed to a toggle it’d be better I think.

• CodeBrain is correct, i don’t seem to be the only one that did not know this.  But even if i knew, there would have been nothing wrong with unailing those props.

• @CodeBrain:

The issue here is that holding down Z only activates suit zoom for three seconds, then it turns suit zoom off. Several ZS maps have tall ladders which make it impossible to phase through since suit zoom by Z either turns itself off before you reach the barricade, or while you’re climbing up it. Which means you need to manually bind Suit Zoom to a key to get past those barricades on the tall ladders.

I’m not sure if there is a reason for a 3 second only duration but if it was changed to a toggle it’d be better I think.

zs/cl_init.lua#L1153
    function GM:PlayerBindPress(pl, bind, wasin)
    if bind == “gmod_undo” or bind == “undo” then
    RunConsoleCommand("+zoom")
    timer.CreateEx(“ReleaseZoom”, 1, 1, RunConsoleCommand, “-zoom”)

• Game Admins

Use ‘+zoom’ to barricade phase. ‘undo’ severely limits your control over phasing.

I didn’t consider that most ZS players use ‘undo’ to phase and so they won’t be able to get past these types of barricades without rebinding. Your rubber hammer has been removed.

Also please keep in mind that anything regarding punishments should be posted in the suspension center.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.