[ZS] Underused Skills

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=20070.msg331078#msg331078

Referring back to this slightly.
    Also for reference is my current skill tree:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266088228501541536/6A7F4C534A86545A4D09006447546EE2437BF70F/

Right now there’s still a few skills that I think the general consensus is either that they are a bit gimmicky, taken for fun, hard to make use of or way too situational.

• Quick Draw - It’s still very rare that people find themselves having two guns both having sufficient ammo for swaps between them. Given that someone does have two ammo loaded guns then they now have to reload them both at a slower speed to make use of Quick Draw’s weapon switch again.  People really do stick to one gun and the +34% reload speed (when maxed with Quick Reload) is highly useful. In reference to my previous post about skills, I think there could be a passive reloading skill potentially implemented to complement a quick draw skill (provided it would also include harsh downsides, probably to general reload speed), or some other change to Quick Draw. Either way, a change of play style from the Quick Reload would be nice, requiring a skill element.

• Last Stand - As I mentioned before, sure double damage is nice but it’s hard to utilize effectively due to the penalties that are in occurred at low movement speeds either from maximum health or just being low on health in general. Most players are one shot at this health level so unless you have a long range melee weapon, even straying close to a cade to make use of the bonus is risky.

• Glutton - The penalty for maximum health is very harsh for this skill in conjunction with a major reliance on food items with the use of Gourmet to be efficient to make up for this lost health. Bit like Regenerator was, the penalty for Regenerator isn’t too bad now. Food items aren’t really super abundant currently and there’s generally not even a slow but reliable way to obtain them. Good times to make use of this skill are when a player rarely acquires all 5 food items, which is very map dependant, allowing them at least sustain the armor.

• Jouster - Small damage benefit for a very large safety loss. It’s a tiny damage benefit for some weapons which have little knockback such as lamps or knives, or a pretty much instant kill such as the Mega Masher (for up to Normal Zombies), so it’s very situational too. Has a weird location on the tree too.

• Banned For Life - It’s ridiculously punishing and almost never worth it, since the benefit isn’t huge. There’s now completely no way to sink your points to help out the humans in any shape, those points are forever locked. 20 worth really doesn’t make up for that. Probably the best usage of this skill is feeding other players with the additional worth, so at least the points don’t go to waste. What’s also a problem with this skill that I’ve seen is the proximity to the centre of the skill tree means that sometimes new players take this skill, and yes, it’s their fault for not reading the description, but it’s a skill so punishing that I feel it should actually be moved somewhere else and replaced like Muscular was moved, so new players are less likely to blindly take it. Perhaps a skill related to Arsenals allowing you to see them across the map with an icon?

• Blast Turrets - Risky to maintain, since they have to be close damage range in order to be effective but this makes them vulnerable. At least they can be resupplied now. They are generally less useful than regular turrets, since they lose a lot of range and a regular turret can keep up with them pretty much in all situations.

• Backpeddler - I’ll state again that I think this skill is rarely beneficial for most players because they understand the movement mechanics well enough to not move backwards in a close combat situation. I feel that the penalty is a bit too high for this skill, for what it actually gives to players. Some people choose to counteract it with Ultra Nimble of specific interest and turn the downside into a health loss.

It would be good if these skills could be looked at and potentially improved or reworked.

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=20070.msg331078#msg331078

Referring back to this slightly.
    Also for reference is my current skill tree:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266088228501541536/6A7F4C534A86545A4D09006447546EE2437BF70F/

Right now there’s still a few skills that I think the general consensus is either that they are a bit gimmicky, taken for fun, hard to make use of or way too situational.

• Quick Draw - It’s still very rare that people find themselves having two guns both having sufficient ammo for swaps between them. Given that someone does have two ammo loaded guns then they now have to reload them both at a slower speed to make use of Quick Draw’s weapon switch again.  People really do stick to one gun and the +34% reload speed (when maxed with Quick Reload) is highly useful. In reference to my previous post about skills, I think there could be a passive reloading skill potentially implemented to complement a quick draw skill (provided it would also include harsh downsides, probably to general reload speed), or some other change to Quick Draw. Either way, a change of play style from the Quick Reload would be nice, requiring a skill element.

• Last Stand - As I mentioned before, sure double damage is nice but it’s hard to utilize effectively due to the penalties that are in occurred at low movement speeds either from maximum health or just being low on health in general. Most players are one shot at this health level so unless you have a long range melee weapon, even straying close to a cade to make use of the bonus is risky.

• Glutton - The penalty for maximum health is very harsh for this skill in conjunction with a major reliance on food items with the use of Gourmet to be efficient to make up for this lost health. Bit like Regenerator was, the penalty for Regenerator isn’t too bad now. Food items aren’t really super abundant currently and there’s generally not even a slow but reliable way to obtain them. Good times to make use of this skill are when a player rarely acquires all 5 food items, which is very map dependant, allowing them at least sustain the armor.

• Jouster - Small damage benefit for a very large safety loss. It’s a tiny damage benefit for some weapons which have little knockback such as lamps or knives, or a pretty much instant kill such as the Mega Masher (for up to Normal Zombies), so it’s very situational too. Has a weird location on the tree too.

• Banned For Life - It’s ridiculously punishing and almost never worth it, since the benefit isn’t huge. There’s now completely no way to sink your points to help out the humans in any shape, those points are forever locked. 20 worth really doesn’t make up for that. Probably the best usage of this skill is feeding other players with the additional worth, so at least the points don’t go to waste. What’s also a problem with this skill that I’ve seen is the proximity to the centre of the skill tree means that sometimes new players take this skill, and yes, it’s their fault for not reading the description, but it’s a skill so punishing that I feel it should actually be moved somewhere else and replaced like Muscular was moved, so new players are less likely to blindly take it. Perhaps a skill related to Arsenals allowing you to see them across the map with an icon?

• Blast Turrets - Risky to maintain, since they have to be close damage range in order to be effective but this makes them vulnerable. At least they can be resupplied now. They are generally less useful than regular turrets, since they lose a lot of range and a regular turret can keep up with them pretty much in all situations.

• Backpeddler - I’ll state again that I think this skill is rarely beneficial for most players because they understand the movement mechanics well enough to not move backwards in a close combat situation. I feel that the penalty is a bit too high for this skill, for what it actually gives to players. Some people choose to counteract it with Ultra Nimble of specific interest and turn the downside into a health loss.

It would be good if these skills could be looked at and potentially improved or reworked.

• Backpeddler doesn’t help much when Zombies can most of the time reach you with their lag compensated attacks.

• Administrators

^ not how it works.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.