Crafting Ideas

• There’s no crafting for guns, why not add some?

Sawblade + Xbow = Sawbow
    Increase damage , increase width making it harder to shoot through tight barricades, but easier to hit multiple targets.

Glock + Magnum = Bouncer
    Fires 3 bouncer shots OR Fires a shot that bounces off of zombies up to 3 times, decreasing damage each bounce.

Glock + Deagle = Dockle
    Fires 3 penetrating shots OR First shot will spread into 3 penetrating shots after hitting the first target

Drone + Pulse Shotgun = Riot Drone (Or maybe with another / all kinds of shotguns, works up the tiers)
    Shoots as the pulse shotgun would but with kickback to drone. Kickback can damage drone if drone collides with wall.

Turret + Medgun = Healing Turret
    Uses medkit ammo to lock onto players to heal them, prioritizing lowest % health. (Maybe not having the heal as a projectile since barricades can become crowded)

Repair Station/Zapper + Medkit = Healing Station
    Uses medkit ammo to regen 1hp per 15 seconds to nearby players, only uses ammo when actually healing.

Battery + Hunter’s Rifle (Or Quasar) = Electrocution Rifle
    Deals base damage + a shock damage + shocks nearby zombies depending on how close they are. Electrocution could also slow.

Stalker + Turret  = Predator Turret (Or maybe the same concept except with drone?)
    Stealthed unless firing, sound remains on(maybe reduced sound while stealthed), increased damage, first shot after breaking stealth deals extra, rifle ammo.

Pulse SMG + Turret = Pulse Turret
    Has same firing effect as Pulse SMG, lower on ammo shoots faster.

Battery + Manhack = ???
    Manhack when cutting a zombie, will chain electrocution to nearby zombies.

The shitty part about crafting is that people can recognize you’re trying to craft and take your stuff you drop to craft. Inventory crafting system? Have it so alt displays all weapons held and you can mouse1 then mouse2 the inventory or an item in front of you.

If inventory system is implemented, make props like battery purchasable by worth / points and held in inventory. Even have 3 or more crafting ideas (Hammer+Battery+Wrench=Heals deployables and cades at a good rate).

• There’s no crafting for guns, why not add some?

Sawblade + Xbow = Sawbow
    Increase damage , increase width making it harder to shoot through tight barricades, but easier to hit multiple targets.

Glock + Magnum = Bouncer
    Fires 3 bouncer shots OR Fires a shot that bounces off of zombies up to 3 times, decreasing damage each bounce.

Glock + Deagle = Dockle
    Fires 3 penetrating shots OR First shot will spread into 3 penetrating shots after hitting the first target

Drone + Pulse Shotgun = Riot Drone (Or maybe with another / all kinds of shotguns, works up the tiers)
    Shoots as the pulse shotgun would but with kickback to drone. Kickback can damage drone if drone collides with wall.

Turret + Medgun = Healing Turret
    Uses medkit ammo to lock onto players to heal them, prioritizing lowest % health. (Maybe not having the heal as a projectile since barricades can become crowded)

Repair Station/Zapper + Medkit = Healing Station
    Uses medkit ammo to regen 1hp per 15 seconds to nearby players, only uses ammo when actually healing.

Battery + Hunter’s Rifle (Or Quasar) = Electrocution Rifle
    Deals base damage + a shock damage + shocks nearby zombies depending on how close they are. Electrocution could also slow.

Stalker + Turret  = Predator Turret (Or maybe the same concept except with drone?)
    Stealthed unless firing, sound remains on(maybe reduced sound while stealthed), increased damage, first shot after breaking stealth deals extra, rifle ammo.

Pulse SMG + Turret = Pulse Turret
    Has same firing effect as Pulse SMG, lower on ammo shoots faster.

Battery + Manhack = ???
    Manhack when cutting a zombie, will chain electrocution to nearby zombies.

The shitty part about crafting is that people can recognize you’re trying to craft and take your stuff you drop to craft. Inventory crafting system? Have it so alt displays all weapons held and you can mouse1 then mouse2 the inventory or an item in front of you.

If inventory system is implemented, make props like battery purchasable by worth / points and held in inventory. Even have 3 or more crafting ideas (Hammer+Battery+Wrench=Heals deployables and cades at a good rate).

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=20056.0

Pretty much outlined why I won’t be adding crafting items. New items are fine, just not from crafting.

Crafting is:

• Awkward right now. Having the drop items makes it really annoying. I mean if your suggestion was implemented in terms of crafting wouldn’t be so bad, though.

• Some of those suggestions are gated behind unlocks, which isn’t good. It’s a double barrier.

• Why not make some of these unlocks? The deployables in particular.

• The “price” difference between some of these items used for crafting is very large. Sawbow is a big example. Sawblades are very easy to find with Crafting Packs now and crossbows are pricey in terms of points. I feel that items with high price should generally be crafted with other valuable items.

I like some of the ideas though, probably in terms if they were skill unlocks. There’s room for maybe a Healing Station although I recall a mention of automatic healing items like these not being wanted in ZS. Predator Turret would give a nice use for Rifle Ammo but could get really annoying too.

The Tier 2 gun crafts I think are actually probably fine. Although I don’t know where you get the flavor of the Deagle from for the Docker, it doesn’t pierce zombies anymore, it merely does slightly more knockback.

• “Crafting” could work with deployables by deploying an item that can be upgradeable over a deployed entity, for example deploy a tesla coil over a turret and it becomes a shock turret, put it in a drone and it becomes a pulse gun drone

• @Raox:

• The “price” difference between some of these items used for crafting is very large. Sawbow is a big example. Sawblades are very easy to find with Crafting Packs now and crossbows are pricey in terms of points. I feel that items with high price should generally be crafted with other valuable items.

High price + high price should equal something double it’s tier in terms of damage. The sawblade addition adds a downside with slight increase of damage, not game changing amounts though.

I really just see potential in crafting that’s just not being hit right now; deployables could be turned into unlocks instead of crafting true, but crafting adds another aspect to the game. It makes it so you aren’t guaranteed these weapons, that getting them requires you to find the items (first), and hold onto these items. Plus, who wouldn’t like a drone with a shotgun anyway? Or a crazy alternative to the everyday norm.

• @Optimistic:

High price + high price should equal something double it’s tier in terms of damage. The sawblade addition adds a downside with slight increase of damage, not game changing amounts though.

High price + high price crafts should be an improvement but not double the power, and generally remarkably different in some significant way. A weapon remantler was planned and it would upgrade weapons to another tier if you found 2 of the same and used the remantler. The increases were in the frame of +15-20% damage. So this should give you an idea of how much more powerful 2 weapons of the same tier should be if used to craft something. If there was a low tier crossbow then a sawbow might make sense.

Crafting is a bit of relic now. It really needs the improvements if it were to be expanded upon. I don’t discount adding more interesting things to the game - I’m sure most people want this, it’s just the execution that matters. There is a skill tree for unlocks now and there still plenty of places on the skill tree which are unused right now. Speaking from experience I have a large number of SP that just goes spare and unspent each remort and I’d like to spend it.

• @Raox:

High price + high price crafts should be an improvement but not double the power, and generally remarkably different in some significant way. A weapon remantler was planned and it would upgrade weapons to another tier if you found 2 of the same and used the remantler.

Meant to say something along the lines of glock + deagle = dockle being 30 points + 30 points = 60 point equivalent

• I can see people buying guns with the sole purpose to give them to a player that carries the team to have a higher tier weapon faster

• @Samuel:

I can see people buying guns with the sole purpose to give them to a player that carries the team to have a higher tier weapon faster

Well people already do this the worth menu and the Waraxe. Not sure it’s a big problem.

• I think they should fix Crafting itself before adding new recipes. Crafting is very difficult to do for newer players, I’ve played for about 2 years and I still can’t figure it out.

Maybe a better crafting interface would make room for cool new crafting capabilities like these.

• Just realized I didn’t put this in the suggestion box, awkward. Would someone mind moving it for me?

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.