Deployables Damage Bug

• Im not entirely sure if JetBoom or the admins are aware of the bug, but in Zombie Survival if two or more people attack a Deployable like a Resupply or Arsenal Crate, It gets damaged and eventually breaks.

Just posting this here so people can see.

• Im not entirely sure if JetBoom or the admins are aware of the bug, but in Zombie Survival if two or more people attack a Deployable like a Resupply or Arsenal Crate, It gets damaged and eventually breaks.

Just posting this here so people can see.

• Probably related to this:
    @Stelker:

The Zombies were so bad, that the Humans had to do their job for them, by corrupting a sigil.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J35Br11RAvc

• Game Admins

This happens on anything that requires a damage calculation. It’s almost as if the server skips the step if it’s already processing a “player can damage” at the time.

• Yesterday, when we had a bunch of players hitting the nailed down noisy doors on alexg motel. I discovered that this damage bug allows the player to profit from repairing it.

• Administrators

I can’t replicate it at all, no matter how many hit it.

• @JetBoom:

I can’t replicate it at all, no matter how many hit it.

I’m curious is there any difference to testing it on a dedicated server, as opposed to listen?

• Administrators

ok, I think I got it now. DamageInfo is supposed to be an interface to the engine CDamageInfo class. As in make a new one. But there can only be one active in Lua and calling DamageInfo makes and overrides any you have in memory. To get around prediction not making prop destruction effects with melee weapons, I use a timer. The timer refers to a damageinfo created in the previous frame, which is now overridden by another weapon. Or something like that.

• Go Jetboom!

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.