[IDEA] Mutliple servers/locations

• What about multiple multiple servers of NoXRP for different locations?
    1 server - 1 location.
    Add a system that will make you able to spawn on specific server only if you triggered the transfer between locations.
    Why?

As far as I know there will be “Special” dungeons(from the description of gamemode) that you can sometimes get by hunting for special/rare ores. Adding more and more stuff to current map will increase lag/decrease fps of players.
    (“HAHA! POOR SCRUB CAN’T AFFORD GOOD PC”)
    Plus I don’t think that the area for mining we have now is good for it(really? a mine near the highway and railways?)
    So this system will make it possible/easier to make new locations
    e.g
    a server/location for mining
    a server/location for industry/trading/farming/etc.
    a server/location for fighting
    a server/location with NPC/dungeons

So instead of putting everything on 1 server and causing huge lag/fps spikes it will be possible to put stuff on different servers.

• What about multiple multiple servers of NoXRP for different locations?
    1 server - 1 location.
    Add a system that will make you able to spawn on specific server only if you triggered the transfer between locations.
    Why?

As far as I know there will be “Special” dungeons(from the description of gamemode) that you can sometimes get by hunting for special/rare ores. Adding more and more stuff to current map will increase lag/decrease fps of players.
    (“HAHA! POOR SCRUB CAN’T AFFORD GOOD PC”)
    Plus I don’t think that the area for mining we have now is good for it(really? a mine near the highway and railways?)
    So this system will make it possible/easier to make new locations
    e.g
    a server/location for mining
    a server/location for industry/trading/farming/etc.
    a server/location for fighting
    a server/location with NPC/dungeons

So instead of putting everything on 1 server and causing huge lag/fps spikes it will be possible to put stuff on different servers.

• more server more money

• @ritzbits:

more server more money

Can resources of a single server be splitted/divided equally/load-dependant between games hosted?

• While you’re right about the fact the server can hold many instances (which doesn’t cost any more money), there isn’t any reason to do instancing like this really at least right now. Any performance issues really aren’t frequent enough. There are enough less time intensive solutions too for the future if it ever really becomes a problem. The locations on the map of nodes and spawning can be edited from what I can recall, this is sufficient to make new locations.

• 豆腐 virtualbox virtualization

more servers more players split between servers

• and more overhead for the server spent on virtualizing.

Instancing would be the best possible solution but that requires more power which really doesn’t need to be allocated right this second. If NoxRP gains enough attention, then maybe, but right now one server fits all.

As for dungeons, that shouldn’t really be a problem if someone makes their own specialized map with an open space for dungeon generation and properly splits it off in visgroups.

• yeah. Attention
    At this moment this idea of instancing/splitting/etc. is worthless.
    I agree. But it’s already alot of time spent on making this gamemode… I don’t think that putting a few things will make it “finished”(I mean alot of things are planned to be added, right?).
    So when there will be ALOT of stuff… TOO Much for one server/instance… It can be splitted between different servers, right?

Like the TacoNBanana’s system of map. . .(Right now u can’t see it… they downed all the HL2 servers and launched STALKER server) where you have to get to specific part of a map and you can join other server with other map that has all your character’s stats/items/etc. so 100 people were split between 4 servers and thus caused much less lags for people.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.