[ZS] Blood Armor Melee Skill

• Gain 4-6% of damage done with melee as blood armor up to a max of 10 extra blood armor.
    -12 health. AND/OR -50% ability to be healed

Something to tie together the self replenishing aspect of blood armor and melee weapons together. 10 extra would be up to 20 blood armor given that someone has the Blood Armor skill. The penalty either has to be tied to your maximum health or your ability to be healed, if such a skill existed. Blood armor is thematically different in that you are the only one that can heal it.

Ideally this would make most melee weapons replenish about 2-3 blood armor per hit.

• Gain 4-6% of damage done with melee as blood armor up to a max of 10 extra blood armor.
    -12 health. AND/OR -50% ability to be healed

Something to tie together the self replenishing aspect of blood armor and melee weapons together. 10 extra would be up to 20 blood armor given that someone has the Blood Armor skill. The penalty either has to be tied to your maximum health or your ability to be healed, if such a skill existed. Blood armor is thematically different in that you are the only one that can heal it.

Ideally this would make most melee weapons replenish about 2-3 blood armor per hit.

• I don’t really use blood armor since all speed but i like the idea.

• Yessss. Vampirism is an obvious solution to encouraging conflict and discouraging automation.

12 health is too harsh a penalty compared to the 10 for 15 for doing nothing. And I don’t buy your argument for using blood armor. De facto, I take one hit from a normal zombie, I stop using melee altogether because the next hit incurs move penalties and the skill is now useless until someone heals me. Health restoration for reduced melee damage means it will always be relevant and a meaningful augmentation, as a skill should be.

• But health and blood armor are interchangeable in terms of damage taken so I don’t get what you’re talking about. In fact blood armor doesn’t even contribute to having you slowed down either. Being hit by a normal zombie at max blood armor would put you at -10 of your maximum health if you stacked to 20, given you’re at max health. Obviously having less health would make the slow down potentially worse in future. If we’re going to less healed route, then you’re gaining damage mitigation ability for less overall sustainability, which seems fine to me. Note there’s no limitation for this in cades too. You can reduce incoming poison damage somewhat more safely at a cost. If you want it to reduce melee damage, it’s going to make it more risky anyway since you’ll probably need more hits to kill things.

I wouldn’t want it to heal health anyway, it makes it too reliant on your maximum HP.

• I’m talking about before building it up, if I get hit first, I’m not going to try to build it up anymore. As per my suggestion, it allows for the more interesting situation of a zombie dueling an injured human with melee.

There’s an edge case I believe you overlooked when thinking this should cost health: humans could now start the round with “negative health”

• I’m talking about before building it up, if I get hit first, I’m not going to try to build it up anymore. As per my suggestion, it allows for the more interesting situation of a zombie dueling an injured human with melee.

Don’t know about you but I’d still try to build it up or play more safely with attacks by that rationale. I’m still only -10 health down which is safe enough.

@FriskyPiranha:

There’s an edge case I believe you overlooked when thinking this should cost health: humans could now start the round with “negative health”

You can already do this with the skills existing and it caps at 1 health (but this is technically another issue, perhaps a minimum health should be introduced), because skills become “free” at this point.

• Nice, I saw a screenshot with 7 health and assumed that was the max.

Your max health reliant comment hurts me. Every cigar smoking flaming skull I see has no skills or is all speed. Health stacking builds could use a little love.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.