People who like RTP

• I’m back from my school studying abyss. Jetboom wants RTP to die, but let’s have fun with it until it does. Instead of just complaining about it’s lack of popularity how about some ideas on how we can populate the server? Obviously we can’t get many new folk considering the skilled players just steam roll them as they try to understand the game (hint: Initiate and Keeper were perfect for ZS players).

Some ideas I had:
    A Steam group for future planning. Ex. Let’s all play on Saturday, April 30th at 8:00pm EST.

A mapper who would add some new content. Maps aren’t the reason of RTP’s death, but adding new maps would bring the “Oh I wanna try that!” to some of the players. A lot of the maps are just old and we’ve all played them at least 100x each, new maps would be fun.

One admin who can make events that actually likes RTP could set up a little something; not a tournament, since there would be a lack of players to do so. Maybe a 4x silver day or a day to resurrect the old classes removed (zombie zombie zombie).

They’re not permanent fixes, but it’s possible if the first event is successful it would spot light RTP for a little and players could see that RTP is still fun and bring some popularity to it. I understand Jet’s going to kill this off soon, so let’s treat RTP like a dying friend and spend some time with it before it goes.

• I’m back from my school studying abyss. Jetboom wants RTP to die, but let’s have fun with it until it does. Instead of just complaining about it’s lack of popularity how about some ideas on how we can populate the server? Obviously we can’t get many new folk considering the skilled players just steam roll them as they try to understand the game (hint: Initiate and Keeper were perfect for ZS players).

Some ideas I had:
    A Steam group for future planning. Ex. Let’s all play on Saturday, April 30th at 8:00pm EST.

A mapper who would add some new content. Maps aren’t the reason of RTP’s death, but adding new maps would bring the “Oh I wanna try that!” to some of the players. A lot of the maps are just old and we’ve all played them at least 100x each, new maps would be fun.

One admin who can make events that actually likes RTP could set up a little something; not a tournament, since there would be a lack of players to do so. Maybe a 4x silver day or a day to resurrect the old classes removed (zombie zombie zombie).

They’re not permanent fixes, but it’s possible if the first event is successful it would spot light RTP for a little and players could see that RTP is still fun and bring some popularity to it. I understand Jet’s going to kill this off soon, so let’s treat RTP like a dying friend and spend some time with it before it goes.

• Administrators

rip

• rip

Might be an idea to try out one of those control scheme changes that people have made at least. It’s still a gamemode with a high learning curve. Player retention isn’t going to be ever really that good.

• Banned

@Optimistic:

Instead of just complaining about it’s lack of popularity how about some ideas on how we can populate the server?

Instead of just complaining about it’s lack of popularity how about playing it?  :action-smiley-060:

• @Kolmio:

Instead of just complaining about it’s lack of popularity how about playing it?  :action-smiley-060:

Little hard to play by myself, considering I couldn’t even pick the flag up from an unrepresented team.

• Game Admins

rip

• rip

• F

• Administrators

what’s TRP?

• rip

• Administrators

Change the max health of the rover and people would come running.

• @AtomiC:

Change the max health of the rover and people would come running.

:wacko: rip I tried

• The main reason nobody plays it anymore is because when a good player sees that people are on it then they just join in and crush the players who are there until the players get sick of it and leave. Usually a wizard or elementalist player. (I think that’s the class names)

• Or you get somebody who does nothing but run over, spam fairies, start them chasing an enemy, run back, cast fairies again, get THOSE chasing a player, etc. continue until enemies have lost all ground gained.

• Game Admins

@commandhat:

Or you get somebody who does nothing but run over, spam fairies, start them chasing an enemy, run back, cast fairies again, get THOSE chasing a player, etc. continue until enemies have lost all ground gained.

what?

• @commandhat:

spam fairies

pixie swarm? doesn’t home in anymore and hasn’t for literally years now

• I haven’t even touched RTP in multiple years either. But if fairies wasn’t the problem, then it’s another spell that either homes in or does aoe and is easy to cast even in its nerfed projectile form (sun beam)

• missiles of magic?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.