Large ZS Bug

• I sent an Email to JetBoom but I assume, he either doesn’t read his emails on that account anymore or he forgot.

So I’m developing some custom content for a ZS project of mine, and I came across this bug.

If you crouch jump either as a Human or Zombie, you will spas up in the air more or less double to that you should do normally.
    At first I thought it might be something I did when I was coding, but I verified it on your server the other night and experienced it, I also have a friend who can also verify that it happened as well.

Basically, I dislike saying it because of abuse, but you can get yourself stuck in walls and ceilings with it. So this is an urgent fix obviously. I believe that you haven’t experienced it due to the fact that you guys never really crouch jump in game because you’re behind a cade and what not 85% of the game.

Another reason why you may not see it is because of the Jump Speed reset which occurs every time you jump (JetBoom will know what I’m on about.), so when I removed this, this bug becomes extremely obvious and game breaking.

So if JetBoom could provide a fix for me and everyone else on the Github that would be excellent. I would try and tackle this myself, but it would be best that JetBoom does it to enable all other servers to have this resolved, not just my community etc… etc…

If you require any video evidence from my version of the game mode, or on the Nox server itself, I will be more than happy to do so.

Thanks,

Duby

• I sent an Email to JetBoom but I assume, he either doesn’t read his emails on that account anymore or he forgot.

So I’m developing some custom content for a ZS project of mine, and I came across this bug.

If you crouch jump either as a Human or Zombie, you will spas up in the air more or less double to that you should do normally.
    At first I thought it might be something I did when I was coding, but I verified it on your server the other night and experienced it, I also have a friend who can also verify that it happened as well.

Basically, I dislike saying it because of abuse, but you can get yourself stuck in walls and ceilings with it. So this is an urgent fix obviously. I believe that you haven’t experienced it due to the fact that you guys never really crouch jump in game because you’re behind a cade and what not 85% of the game.

Another reason why you may not see it is because of the Jump Speed reset which occurs every time you jump (JetBoom will know what I’m on about.), so when I removed this, this bug becomes extremely obvious and game breaking.

So if JetBoom could provide a fix for me and everyone else on the Github that would be excellent. I would try and tackle this myself, but it would be best that JetBoom does it to enable all other servers to have this resolved, not just my community etc… etc…

If you require any video evidence from my version of the game mode, or on the Nox server itself, I will be more than happy to do so.

Thanks,

Duby

• If you crouch jump either as a Human or Zombie, you will spas up in the air more or less double to that you should do normally.

Nothing that can be done without a hacky fix.

@JetBoom:

The way the engine handles crouching in mid-air is that it moves your entity upwards so that the top of your bounding box stays the same but your origin moves up. That makes your model and hitboxes instantly change locations.

You’re either complaining about this or I have no idea what you’re talking about.

If you require any video evidence from my version of the game mode

I would like to see what you’re talking about, because right now this thread reads as a general complaint against crouch jumping. I’ve never seen anyone get stuck due to crouch jumping, never on NoX or public GitHub ZS to my knowledge.

• I’ll get some footage for you. (Will be able to get it within 4 hours ‘at work UK time’)

I believe it has something to do with or along the lines of what you Quoted.

• It’s not really a bug, it’s a quirk of the source engine. It’s hardly a real problem, any solution wouldn’t be worth it. I still fail to see how anyone could get stuck in a wall/ceiling from it either.

One thing that did change recently on NoX ZS however, was the crouch jumping limit which was enacted, which limits the amount of crouch jumps a player can do until they land to 1, preventing potential hitbox spazzing. GitHub ZS doesn’t have this. I guess you can wait until it gets updated, but it’s not really a terrible issue anyway.

• Well it is an issue. Because when people crouch jump they do get stuck. Its also not a game engine issue either. I’ve made loads of gamemodes over the years and this has never happened. So its an issue with JetBooms code…

Its not minor just because it doesn’t directly affect you. If proper support is the agenda then all issues shouldn’t be taken less likely just because people on your server haven’t seen it.

So I would appreciate it if the man himself gave his thoughts on this.

• I’ve never seen this in my life. Ever. Unless this is something that’s happened in recent updates.

But if its something which is happening on a global scale then I suppose I have no reason to complain.

• Administrators

Prove 3 times you can get stuck with crouch-jumping and maybe I’ll think you’re not lying and pretending you know anything about lua just because you changed one variable on a swep.

• Game Admins

@Duby:

I’ve never seen this in my life. Ever. Unless this is something that’s happened in recent updates.

But if its something which is happening on a global scale then I suppose I have no reason to complain.

literally almost everyone experienced with the source engine knows about crouchjumping, you must be new or something

• Been coding for gmod since 2014. But less of that. Perhaps I’ve never seen it because most of the shit I code has very low if no jumping. So I suppose I wouldn’t of seen it before.

But anyway, this seems to be nothing to do with the game mode, so this topic can be closed.

You can get stuck in ceilings and forced into walls if you are crouch jumping and a zombie hits you. I haven’t got the time to do all that. You guys may find it sometime randomly.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.