[UPDATE] zs_alivemetal (v0)

• This re-release of de_alivemetal addresses the problems of unusable props and player-killing signs that the old version had, plus adds more barricading locations and contains other general fixes.

[header]Changelog[/header]

• Converted existing motion-disabled props to nailable (prop_physics_multiplayer) props, plus added many more props around the map

• Removed heavy mass and falling behavior of signs

• Modified two previously inaccessible buildings into cadable locations

• Converted skybox brushes used to clip players to proper toolsplayerclip textures and extended them to fix exploits

• Rebuilt underground tunnel to fix lighting issues after decompiling

• Explicitly set several sigil locations (subject to change)

• Modified and rearranged the existing CS:S spawns into proper human and zombie spawns, as well as deleted unnecessary AI node entities

• Implemented various ways of improving optimization (i.e. areaportalwindows, fading props, nodraw)

• Replaced unnecessary custom versions of existing HL2 and CS:S textures with original counterparts to avoid lighting issues

[header]Download[/header]
    Current Version

If you guys find troubling aspects of the map (i.e. missing textures and models, questionable gameplay elements, general look of the map), feel free to reply or PM me and I will have them resolved as soon as I can.

• This re-release of de_alivemetal addresses the problems of unusable props and player-killing signs that the old version had, plus adds more barricading locations and contains other general fixes.

[header]Changelog[/header]

• Converted existing motion-disabled props to nailable (prop_physics_multiplayer) props, plus added many more props around the map

• Removed heavy mass and falling behavior of signs

• Modified two previously inaccessible buildings into cadable locations

• Converted skybox brushes used to clip players to proper toolsplayerclip textures and extended them to fix exploits

• Rebuilt underground tunnel to fix lighting issues after decompiling

• Explicitly set several sigil locations (subject to change)

• Modified and rearranged the existing CS:S spawns into proper human and zombie spawns, as well as deleted unnecessary AI node entities

• Implemented various ways of improving optimization (i.e. areaportalwindows, fading props, nodraw)

• Replaced unnecessary custom versions of existing HL2 and CS:S textures with original counterparts to avoid lighting issues

[header]Download[/header]
    Current Version

If you guys find troubling aspects of the map (i.e. missing textures and models, questionable gameplay elements, general look of the map), feel free to reply or PM me and I will have them resolved as soon as I can.

• I hope you didn’t compile it on -fast this time

Did you fix the leaks on the map as well?

• windows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOlwr80wVw

We can break them, so I guess that’s good at least.

@SoloTredici:

Implemented various ways of improving optimization (i.e. areaportalwindows, fading props)

Too aggressive with the distance.

• @Samuel:

I hope you didn’t compile it on -fast this time

I did the normal compile without HDR.

@Samuel:

Did you fix the leaks on the map as well?

Yes I did.

@Stelker:

Too aggressive with the distance.

I’ll increase the fade distances and monitor how it affects performance. I’ll wait for more suggestions before pushing out a new edit with the modified distances.

• I updated the OP with an new edit of the map, which should have higher fade distances for areaportalwindows and some scenery props, removed the added zombie spawns (which may be readded later depending on how the rounds go), fixed custom sign textures that seem too bright, and removed a few missing textures on non-visible faces. I may also consider converting the props from _multiplayer to normal physics props depending on if the props cause an unusual amount of gabens or not.

• Game Admins

The main difference between them is that physics calculations are cheaper in _multiplayer. Because of this, they don’t interact well with player collisions or displacements, the performance increase isn’t really beneficial to gamemodes like ZS.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.