[ZS] Barricade Expert Issues

• Ever since the barricade expert skill got introduced, barricading has become more of a chore as it creates two different types of barricaders. Those who have the skill and those who don’t. I’ve often seen low level players (Lowest level 11) who have the barricade expert skill. These players are obviously in-experienced due to how they build and create problems for more experienced players who do not take this skill as they feel their skill points are more needed elsewhere.

It would be a significant improvement if this barricade expert skills were altered to allow higher level players barricade priority.

Ideas for improvement

1. Make the barricade expert skill one that becomes available after one remort. This is based on the assumption that if you’ve played enough to remort you would be experienced enough to build

2. Make the barricade priority based on remort level. Players with higher remort levels take priority over those lower to them. For example Level 3 Remort can take priority over Level 2 Remort ect.

3. Make barricade priority based on 10 level intervals. Being 10+ levels above another player gives you barricade priority.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this.

• Ever since the barricade expert skill got introduced, barricading has become more of a chore as it creates two different types of barricaders. Those who have the skill and those who don’t. I’ve often seen low level players (Lowest level 11) who have the barricade expert skill. These players are obviously in-experienced due to how they build and create problems for more experienced players who do not take this skill as they feel their skill points are more needed elsewhere.

It would be a significant improvement if this barricade expert skills were altered to allow higher level players barricade priority.

Ideas for improvement

1. Make the barricade expert skill one that becomes available after one remort. This is based on the assumption that if you’ve played enough to remort you would be experienced enough to build

2. Make the barricade priority based on remort level. Players with higher remort levels take priority over those lower to them. For example Level 3 Remort can take priority over Level 2 Remort ect.

3. Make barricade priority based on 10 level intervals. Being 10+ levels above another player gives you barricade priority.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this.

• @♀☤☠Sneaky™²☠☣✓:

1. Make the barricade priority based on remort level. Players with higher remort levels take priority over those lower to them. For example Level 3 Remort can take priority over Level 2 Remort ect.

This would be really great, it would cut down on a lot of inexperienced players ruining the game.

• Administrators

It was never meant to be a cure-all. By remort 1 you should, imo, have a good idea of how the barricade mechanics work. I could add a “barricade master” skill that is available at remort 1+ (or move the current one to remort 1). Either way, you’re gonna have people screwing up.

• I feel the need to revive this topic as I see more and more inexperienced players doing the mistake of skilling into barricade expert.

What I’m thinking the main problem of barricade expert is that you cannot deactivate/toggle it once unlocked.
    Being a mediocre cader on noxiousnet, I’m facing two different scenarios here:

I.) Every day there is a time where no talented caders are online and the server is filled with pilecaders.
    In this scenario the barricade expert skill is a blessing which allows you to fix the errors of less experienced players and prevents them from touching your props.

II.) Secondary there is the time where higher skilled caders are online and it’s wiser to let them do the job.
    In this case it’s better not having the barricade expert skill so they have full control over all your nails without penalty.

@♀☤☠Sneaky™²☠☣✓:

I highly support this idea as you do see a huge difference in skill between someone who hasn’t remorted a single time and someone who did.
    In addition this prevents new players from wasting a skillpoint into something they should not take at this time.

@♀☤☠Sneaky™²☠☣✓:

1. Make the barricade priority based on remort level. Players with higher remort levels take priority over those lower to them. For example Level 3 Remort can take priority over Level 2 Remort ect.
    2. Make barricade priority based on 10 level intervals. Being 10+ levels above another player gives you barricade priority.

No, just no. After the first remort, the level/remort tells you absolutely nothing about actual player experience and skill.

TL;DR:
    Please move the current barricade expert skill into remort 1 and make it toggle-able so you can de-/activate it situationally.

• II.) Secondary there is the time where higher skilled caders are online and it’s wiser to let them do the job.
    In this case it’s better not having the barricade expert skill so they have full control over all your nails without penalty.

There was a friends system planned for this simply being a separate friends list which anyone you add to it can remove your nails and vice versa. So that generally resolves that problem because you’d be able to modify the list during a game.

Please move the current barricade expert skill into remort 1 and make it toggle-able so you can de-/activate it situationally.

I think I prefer the solution that is a skill as mentioned linked to expert (which would require remort level 1), rather than replacing it. A set of remort skills would be very interesting actually, but that’s a separate topic really.

• With the inclusion of a remort 1 skill (barricade expert remort 1 or a new barricade master skill) I’m questioning whether the penalty system still is a good idea ?

Without a penalty system there is no need in being able to toggle your barricade expert skill or having a seperate “cading” friends list in the first place.

• Administrators

• Barricade Expert skill is not and was not meant to be a cure-all.

• I’ll make the skill able to be disabled, for whatever reason.
      • Additionally I’ll make it so people on your Steam friends list can do stuff to your barricade without penalty. It’ll give you a heart icon or something instead of a lock. There will be an option to disable this.
      • Barricade Expert will be moved to a new remort level 1 or above skill. The current skill slot will be replaced with some sort of generic passive.

Getting rid of the penalty is a bad idea. A better idea would be to simply not allow people to remove other people’s stuff without meeting the above requirements. But even that is probably a bad idea.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.