Removing/Fixing a number of maps

• Game Admins

I’ve been receiving a lot of feedback about maps that are currently on the server. I’ve compiled a list on what I believe are bad and mediocre maps that need removing or changing based on what I have seen and what I have been told.

Unless people have some reason as to why the following maps should change, I will be removing them over a period of time. Most of these need changes too vast to be able to do it without changing the entity checksum. But I will encourage people to help fix problems if they can and I’ll update this thread when possible.

The majority of maps suggested in the mediocre maps thread have been changed, hence the start of a similar thread in which I can edit. Mediocre maps will stay on the server longer than just plain bad maps.

Maps that need fixing

Mapname Problem Possible Fix Current Status
    cs_urban_v2 Lacks Props, unpopular, very low winrate Add props Disabled 03.04.2016
    de_star Very unpopular, terrible layout Not much Disabled 29.03.2016
    abandonned_building_fixed Very unpopular, terrible layout, few props Not much Disabled 29.03.2016
    zs_cheap_hotel_v3b Terrible Layout Not much Disabled 30.03.2016
    zs_city_14_fixed Terrible Layout, similar to cheap hotel Not much Disabled 30.03.2016
    zs_ambush_v4 Seriously unpopular Not Much Disabled 30.03.2016
    zm_monastery Looks good, but has no props, very low winrate Add props Replaced
    pb_z_highschool Props don’t collide, unpopular, exploitable Add collision to props Replaced
    zm_corpse Static Props and boring for zombies Map Edit Disabled 03.04.2016
    zs_residentevil_v2 Lacks props, but is fairly popular Add props Disabled 03.04.2016
    cs_bullettheory Lacks prop Add props Disabled 03.04.2016
    zm_basin_css Players can get out of the map VMF edit Disabled 03.04.2016
    dm_rockfallprison Exploitable: Able to push humans off the rock Human Spawns to be moved away Replaced
    zs_houseparty Too small, instakill stove VMF edit Disabled 03.04.2016
    zs_imashouse Also too small, instakill stove, random flooding VMF edit Disabled 03.04.2016
    de_alivemetal Signs can kill people Remove signs/their damage output Disabled 03.04.2016

• Game Admins

I’ve been receiving a lot of feedback about maps that are currently on the server. I’ve compiled a list on what I believe are bad and mediocre maps that need removing or changing based on what I have seen and what I have been told.

Unless people have some reason as to why the following maps should change, I will be removing them over a period of time. Most of these need changes too vast to be able to do it without changing the entity checksum. But I will encourage people to help fix problems if they can and I’ll update this thread when possible.

The majority of maps suggested in the mediocre maps thread have been changed, hence the start of a similar thread in which I can edit. Mediocre maps will stay on the server longer than just plain bad maps.

| Bad: |
    | Mapname | Problem: | Possible Fix: | Current Status: |
    | cs_urban_v2 | Lacks Props, unpopular, very low winrate | Add props | Disabled 03.04.2016 |
    | de_star | Very unpopular, terrible layout | Not much | Disabled 29.03.2016    |
    | abandonned_building_fixed    | Very unpopular, terrible layout, few props | Not much | Disabled 29.03.2016 |
    | zs_cheap_hotel_v3b | Terrible Layout | Not much | Disabled 30.03.2016    |
    | zs_city_14_fixed | Terrible Layout, similar to cheap hotel | Not much | Disabled 30.03.2016    |
    | zs_ambush_v4 | Seriously unpopular | Not Much | Disabled 30.03.2016    |
    | zm_monastery | Looks good, but has no props, very low winrate    | Add props | Replaced |
    | pb_z_highschool | Props don’t collide, unpopular, exploitable | Add collision to props | Replaced |
    | zm_corpse | Static Props and boring for zombies | Map Edit | Disabled 03.04.2016 |
    | Mediocre: |
    | Mapname | Problem: | Possible Fix: | Current Status: |
    | zs_residentevil_v2 | Lacks props, but is fairly popular | Add props | Disabled 03.04.2016 |
    | cs_bullettheory | Lacks prop | Add props | Disabled 03.04.2016 |
    | zm_basin_css | Players can get out of the map | VMF edit | Disabled 03.04.2016 |
    | dm_rockfallprison | Exploitable: Able to push humans off the rock | Human Spawns to be moved away    | Replaced |
    | zs_houseparty | Too small, instakill stove | VMF edit | Disabled 03.04.2016    |
    | zs_imashouse | Also too small, instakill stove, random flooding    | VMF edit | Disabled 03.04.2016    |
    | de_alivemetal | Signs can kill people | Remove signs/their damage output    | Disabled 03.04.2016    |

• Is the exploitable on highschool referring to the room with the unbreakable door that can only be accessed via a vent?

• Game Admins

@EXTERMINATEEXTERMINATE:

Is the exploitable on highschool referring to the room with the unbreakable door that can only be accessed via a vent?

yes

• Ima’s house is a mediocre map, since the sigil update cading the entire house in 2:30 mins retarded. There are 3 doors and 7 windows roughtly. But that alone isnt really the problem. The z spawn it literaly a couple of meters from the house. If every entrance is not caded before the round starts its gg unless u cade the basement if ur lucky to get a sigil there.

The only way to fix it would be to change distance of z spawn by puting it in the corner of the map on the side with the least amount of entrances and increase the amount of hp the wooden boards have on the windows.

Basicly, Shit load of entrances, very close z spawn, mediocre map.

• Game Admins

Added ima’s house, added House party for the same reason.

• I didn’t hear any complaints about v2, is v3b just too complex to work for zs? The only thing I hear about is people not trying because they always get lost.

• @Humin:

I didn’t hear any complaints about v2, is v3b just too complex to work for zs? The only thing I hear about is people not trying because they always get lost.

Some of the floors should be removed from the hotel, because they’re pretty much redundant. The other thing the map needs is landmarks to make sure the map doesn’t look samey and players can establish where they are more easily.

• So, three floor and having some largish static props in key locations?

• zs_overran_city_final - I think it’s nearly all CSS props so it’s frustrating to cade with, few cading spots, gazillion windows, generally not a great looking map. First and second floor are really hard to cade due to zombie protection. Pretty sure it’s been complained about multiple times too.

• Game Admins

houseparty isn’t mediocre, it’s plain shit. there’s nowhere to barricade, the map is incredibly small so it takes two seconds to get to the humans (no need for a nest), and there’s no redeeming qualities about the map. it plays like shit and it’s not fun, it’s one of those maps everyone goes zombie on to change the map

• Banned

ze_ffxii_westersand_v7_2

Extreme mode crashes server, Humans can get the normally zombie only power up chocobo which pretty much makes the human invisible.

The first boss fight on Epic and higher doesn’t work properly.

• cs_gasstation_d, this map only has 19 props in total.

• Game Admins

@Nastyhouse:

ze_ffxii_westersand_v7_2

Extreme mode crashes server, Humans can get the normally zombie only power up chocobo which pretty much makes the human invisible.

The first boss fight on Epic and higher doesn’t work properly

Disabled it for now but I’ll work on changing the server side version of the map soon.

• zs_tunnels_fixed_v2

Pretty cool map where you can go past the trigger_push and become nearly invulnerable

• Game Admins

Added rockfallprison and z_highschool. Let me know if there are any problems

• Banned

i can confirm, blue velvet is being exploited way too much by people. should be removed.

• In zs_arctic_outpost_v2, on the top floor in the large open room there is a VERY large spot where zombies can stand and be protected by spawn protection, allowing them to easily destroy any cade that is set up in that area, as shown here.
    In this picture I very roughly outline the area where zombies are protected by spawn protection.

And these are a couple more pictures showing how they are immune to damage in various areas
    http://imgur.com/a/MNZV6

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.