[ZS] Remove/Modify de_alivemetal

• There are heavy func_physbox signs in de_alivemetal that, if enough damage is taken, will fall off and land directly in front of the building. This is most likely due to a setting that overrides disabled motion at a certain health level.

Since they can fatally damage any players it lands on, it’s not hard to imagine how easy it would be to grief on wave 0. I would suggest either the removal of this map or editing the map so that this feature is removed.

• There are heavy func_physbox signs in de_alivemetal that, if enough damage is taken, will fall off and land directly in front of the building. This is most likely due to a setting that overrides disabled motion at a certain health level.

Since they can fatally damage any players it lands on, it’s not hard to imagine how easy it would be to grief on wave 0. I would suggest either the removal of this map or editing the map so that this feature is removed.

• Entspy should fix that in a matter of minutes.

• Game Admins

might as well add more props to this map while you are at it since it’s mostly frozen props

• @CodeBrain:

might as well add more props to this map while you are at it since it’s mostly frozen props

Lots of maps with that issue, particularly CS or HL2:DM maps like this that haven’t really been optimized for ZS.

• I feel a lot of them are not really built for ZS. Basically 1-2 bad cading spots and about 7-13 props on those sets of maps. I recall Benjy saying he wanted to do something about the bad CS/DE maps recently, so there’s that.

Alive Metal in particular used to have more props which were useful for cading before they were turned into food items, so the problem is worse now.

• Do you know this is the 9th birthday of this map? It is by far the oldest surviving unedited map on the server. It would be a shame if this got edited.

• @shadows:

Do you know this is the 9th birthday of this map? It is by far the oldest surviving unedited map on the server. It would be a shame if this got edited.

So? It doesn’t work well as a ZS map, who cares if it gets edited or removed or not at all.

• Administrators

@shadows:

Do you know this is the 9th birthday of this map? It is by far the oldest surviving unedited map on the server. It would be a shame if this got edited.

I’m glad you didn’t burn your noxiousnet history library Zinco.

• “welcome” back CS. Well, for the few hours you have before your account gets deleted againalso did you ever solve your problems with constantly bugging me/other people about sex not that I really care or want a response but yeah

But yeah, this map’s pretty annoying.  Not enough props + griefability + odd sigil positions = not really good enough in my opinion.

• @commandhat:

also did you ever solve your problems with constantly bugging me/other people about sex not that I really care or want a response but yeah

Yeah, around 3.5 years ago.

• Administrators

Keep these to the mapping forum or the bad maps topic(s).

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.