Cheating Achievements in Source Engine

• My brother found something funny and I was wondering if anyone knew about it. Normally, if you type in sv_cheats 1 to the console in HL2, Achievements will be disabled. But since you can type multiple commands at once, you can enter sv_cheats 1; noclip; sv_cheats 0 all at once and it won’t trigger the cheating detector, but you can still have the cheat enabled. Same goes for any command obviously.

• My brother found something funny and I was wondering if anyone knew about it. Normally, if you type in sv_cheats 1 to the console in HL2, Achievements will be disabled. But since you can type multiple commands at once, you can enter sv_cheats 1; noclip; sv_cheats 0 all at once and it won’t trigger the cheating detector, but you can still have the cheat enabled. Same goes for any command obviously.

• Or you can just use SAM.

• @JetBoom:

can just use SAM

• Question is: what is the point of SAM, or unlocking achievements via cheat codes?
    I only know two game that give in-game items for achievements: spacechem + tf2.

• Legitimacy.

If all you had were common achievements anybody would get, you’d look suspicious asking for a $1,000 item. But if your steam profile says you earned a few achievements which are either hard to get or under 2% ‘saturation’ in the achievements list, you look much more trustworthy setting the ‘rarest achievements’ on your profile.

That is, until traders check your achievements and see that all 500+ achievements were gotten with SAM, making people doubt you were a legitimate person.

It’s one of those dumb things people do for CS:GO/TF2 trading.

• I think in retrospect that not many people really give a flying fuck that you had made every achievement in whatever game you spent your time on, strangely enough it’s too obvious using SAM if used properly.

• Banned

@commandhat:

Text

Literally deemed void due to steam levels

• Haha, I didn’t realize SAM existed. And I don’t really care about achievements, I just thought it was funny that there was such an easy workaround to their anti cheat system.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.