Release - Spellcasting Bar UI

• In the spirit of making this great game mode more accessible, I’ve implemented an MMO-like Spell Bar.
    This gives you two more spell binding slots than the spell wheel for a total of 18 spells.

You can test this right now on NekoNet. Your feedback would be appreciated!

Play:  connect rtp.nekonet.xyz
    GitHub:  https://github.com/Neko-Code/retroteamplay

Changes:

• Added new Spell Bar UI.

Default Key Binds:

Shift + 1 2 3 4 5  Q E R F
            1 2 3 4 5  q e r f

Selfcast: Left Alt

• The Spell Bar is now the default spellcasting UI.

• You can switch back to the spell wheel via the F4 menu.

• When using the Spell Bar:

• You cast spells on others by default.

• Hold the left Alt key to cast on yourself.

• Since E is now used to cast a spell, you can now right click to pick up weapons.

• Fixed various errors from the GitHub version.

• Added a spell icon for the Dragoon’s Flamethrower ability.

• In the spirit of making this great game mode more accessible, I’ve implemented an MMO-like Spell Bar.
    This gives you two more spell binding slots than the spell wheel for a total of 18 spells.

You can test this right now on NekoNet. Your feedback would be appreciated!

Play:  connect rtp.nekonet.xyz
    GitHub:  https://github.com/Neko-Code/retroteamplay

Changes:

• Added new Spell Bar UI.

Default Key Binds:

Shift + 1 2 3 4 5  Q E R F
            1 2 3 4 5  q e r f

Selfcast: Left Alt

• The Spell Bar is now the default spellcasting UI.

• You can switch back to the spell wheel via the F4 menu.

• When using the Spell Bar:

• You cast spells on others by default.

• Hold the left Alt key to cast on yourself.

• Since E is now used to cast a spell, you can now right click to pick up weapons.

• Fixed various errors from the GitHub version.

• Added a spell icon for the Dragoon’s Flamethrower ability.

• Very nice, this isn`t terribly unergonomical and still gives you access to a load of spells without much effort

You could make it more based on the original nox hud, specially to indicate certain spells with modifiers to the player where the it’s being casted (on themselves or in others)

Also darken the spell set that is not being used, I’ve tested on your server and it takes more than a second to know which spell I’m going to cast with which button, letters should come before numbers in my opinion since they’re closer to where the player’s finger is, also make the icon flash green for a second when you cast the spell

I’d prefer if the modifier button was kept Right Click to avoid alienating former players and finger dancing

• Administrators

Why not just have it so players can map their choice of an IN_, KEY_ or user-defined bind to meta-actions, gamemode-defined actions or arbitrary console commands? This would be much more useful for non-US layouts and/or non-standard bindsets, wouldn’t take that much more effort to code and could ostensibly be used “plug-and-play” with other gamemodes if GMod was more than just RP and ZS.

• I will add a generic keybinding menu in a future update. This will let you rebind your Self Cast key (Alt), Spell Bar Modifier (Shift), Use key, etc.

Changes:

• Inactive spell row is darker.

• Spell buttons turn green on use.

• Added key binding menu for the spell bar.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.