[ZS] Ender, Sweeper, Annabelle

• With some of the new weapons that have been released recently, I feel like these weapons aren’t taken as often as they don’t have enough to offer compared to weapons in their own tier or even the tiers below.

Ender - It’s main problem is the lack of efficiency compared to the Splinter, and when the Splinter uses it’s double fire mode, it actually has more sustained DPS than the Ender. If you pick up a lot of shotgun ammo I would argue it’s better to go for a Splinter rather than Ender. Accuracy is not a super important trait for shotguns and with the multishot accuracy changes the accuracy on the Splinter really isn’t that bad, so much so the Ender doesn’t really get a big advantage here in terms of accuracy, either.

Sweeper - The Boomstick generally pours out more DPS than the Sweeper (both burst and sustained, not sure on these values but I’m fairly certain it’s more). The accuracy is the same deal too as the Ender and Splinter story. When the Splinter was first released it actually did more damage per shot than the Sweeper did (1 shell), as a guideline on how close the Sweeper is to weapons of other tiers. The Sweeper does considerably more damage now, and it is a better weapon, but it’s weak for Tier 5 I feel - either this or the Adonis is the weakest weapon in Tier 5, they definitely are taken the least.

Annabelle - Honestly, this gun has been been a rare purchase for quite a long time before new weapons were added, but I would argue that it’s even more rarely taken now. I really feel this gun is shadowed over by the Hunter (not by Long Arm, it has a different role now). The Hunter is more accurate, has more on hit damage (more important for rifles), and actually can refire really quickly with maximum reload speed upgrades. The Annabelle is almost never taken for the shrapnel effect, I feel that it’s clunky and relies on a stack of zombies to be somewhat useful.

• With some of the new weapons that have been released recently, I feel like these weapons aren’t taken as often as they don’t have enough to offer compared to weapons in their own tier or even the tiers below.

Ender - It’s main problem is the lack of efficiency compared to the Splinter, and when the Splinter uses it’s double fire mode, it actually has more sustained DPS than the Ender. If you pick up a lot of shotgun ammo I would argue it’s better to go for a Splinter rather than Ender. Accuracy is not a super important trait for shotguns and with the multishot accuracy changes the accuracy on the Splinter really isn’t that bad, so much so the Ender doesn’t really get a big advantage here in terms of accuracy, either.

Sweeper - The Boomstick generally pours out more DPS than the Sweeper (both burst and sustained, not sure on these values but I’m fairly certain it’s more). The accuracy is the same deal too as the Ender and Splinter story. When the Splinter was first released it actually did more damage per shot than the Sweeper did (1 shell), as a guideline on how close the Sweeper is to weapons of other tiers. The Sweeper does considerably more damage now, and it is a better weapon, but it’s weak for Tier 5 I feel - either this or the Adonis is the weakest weapon in Tier 5, they definitely are taken the least.

Annabelle - Honestly, this gun has been been a rare purchase for quite a long time before new weapons were added, but I would argue that it’s even more rarely taken now. I really feel this gun is shadowed over by the Hunter (not by Long Arm, it has a different role now). The Hunter is more accurate, has more on hit damage (more important for rifles), and actually can refire really quickly with maximum reload speed upgrades. The Annabelle is almost never taken for the shrapnel effect, I feel that it’s clunky and relies on a stack of zombies to be somewhat useful.

• Couple of updates in accordance to some of the recent balance tweaks and the addition of the Quasar and Jackhammer:

Sweeper - Definitely a decent choice now. Not a problem anymore.

Ender - It’s in an awkward spot right now. The Jackhammer is a bit more pricey but is significantly better upgrade and can sustain itself much better, and the Splinter, a tier below it still has respectable DPS with maximum reload speed for it’s Tier while being easier to sustain than the Ender. The Ender could really do with some kind of role change or significant tweak because despite being the only shotgun at it’s price tier, it seems that most players disregard it as a potential weapon choice.

Annabelle - In terms of sniping weapons, the Quasar I feel outclasses it. As I mentioned before, sure, the Quasar doesn’t have a ricochet effect but I don’t really think anyone buys the Annabelle for the effect either. Quasar is perfectly accurate when crouched/ironsighted and slightly easier to sustain. I would wager that the Annabelle is the least bought Tier 4 weapon.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.