Regarding drones.

• Hello!

I think that the drones are incredibly underpowered, and deserve a buff.

Mainly, because they seem to be a bit hard to maneuver using the X axis, and the shooting mechanic feels incredibly clunky and hard to aim when there’s a copious amount of props in said area of the drone. I don’t know if this is how the drone is supposed to be used, but it feels quite hard to use, and inaccurate.

And onto the main problem.

People can take your drones anytime, you’re not safe if you leave it idle.
    People have taken my drones and purposfully died with them, running outside of a barricade and becoming a zombie.

And the cost? 85 is ridiculous for something that’s like this.

I do believe the price should either be lowered, or the item, itself, buffed. It’s not worth it to try it out for a single round, even.

• Hello!

I think that the drones are incredibly underpowered, and deserve a buff.

Mainly, because they seem to be a bit hard to maneuver using the X axis, and the shooting mechanic feels incredibly clunky and hard to aim when there’s a copious amount of props in said area of the drone. I don’t know if this is how the drone is supposed to be used, but it feels quite hard to use, and inaccurate.

And onto the main problem.

People can take your drones anytime, you’re not safe if you leave it idle.
    People have taken my drones and purposfully died with them, running outside of a barricade and becoming a zombie.

And the cost? 85 is ridiculous for something that’s like this.

I do believe the price should either be lowered, or the item, itself, buffed. It’s not worth it to try it out for a single round, even.

• There’s already the manhack, drone seems more like a utility that isn’t really meant for combat, probably shouldn’t cost 85 worth. I’ve never bought the thing though, so I don’t know what use it has other than retrieving props.

• Bugs with drone right now:

• Can’t kill nests easily as the laser spazzes everywhere (I assume it thinks the nest is the size of the regular antlion hill prop from HL2, this bug also affects pulse weapons shooting at nest, where the particle effect appears between the nest and shooter)

• Cannot pickup the same prop after it has being picked up once before, until you pickup another prop

• The actual pickup location for props is in a really weird place, you have to aim at some direction away from the prop to rope it

• Can pack up other people’s drones (I don’t know why this happens at all)

On a general note, flesh creeper nests are so tanky to drones now that flesh creepers can spam nests faster than they can destroy them most of the time. Flesh creeper nest spam is out of control right now.

You should probably have put this in Suggestion Box by the way.

• Disable gravity and the ground tracer if the Drone is currently being manned, really hard to pick up and shoot stuff

Make the laser tracer green or the inverse color in the HSV scale if the laser hits a pickupable prop and can carry it

Buff it’s damage because it’s just a point sink being already too hard to aim, it needs to be constantly refeed ammo so it’d still be very vulnerable

Put an entity flag that the drone will use the player’s total SMG ammo instead of it’s internal ammo for certain maps that might want to explore the drone further

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.