[ZS] 'Dominator' Molecule Destroyer

• ‘Dominator’ Molecule Destroyer

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=19970.0

Added weapon: “Dominator” Molecule Destroyer. This is the first in a group of weapons that encompass an entire new tier of weapons. This weapon takes more than 1 pulse ammo per shot and deals massive (800) damage to a single target with pinpoint accuracy. The entire magazine is used per shot and takes a bit of time to recharge.

Uses 25 pulse ammo per shot, deals 800 damage and can fire every 5 seconds. Tier 6. Slows down the player considerably when carried. The effect based on the Railgun from AS:S, and edited, mostly so the lightning isn’t there and the shot attaches to the muzzle correctly, and there’s no dynamic light. Probably the best use for this gun is a ‘boss killer’. It’s going to be a bit overkill for anything else (but annoying since it’s a one shot for any none boss zombie). Can be scoped.

Might be good to implement reduced reload speed (which I can’t do), so the reload anim and sound syncs to the fire delay better.

• ‘Dominator’ Molecule Destroyer

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=19970.0

Added weapon: “Dominator” Molecule Destroyer. This is the first in a group of weapons that encompass an entire new tier of weapons. This weapon takes more than 1 pulse ammo per shot and deals massive (800) damage to a single target with pinpoint accuracy. The entire magazine is used per shot and takes a bit of time to recharge.

Uses 25 pulse ammo per shot, deals 800 damage and can fire every 5 seconds. Tier 6. Slows down the player considerably when carried. The effect based on the Railgun from AS:S, and edited, mostly so the lightning isn’t there and the shot attaches to the muzzle correctly, and there’s no dynamic light. Probably the best use for this gun is a ‘boss killer’. It’s going to be a bit overkill for anything else (but annoying since it’s a one shot for any none boss zombie). Can be scoped.

Might be good to implement reduced reload speed (which I can’t do), so the reload anim and sound syncs to the fire delay better.

• In the show, the weapon can only be shot 4 times before it’s completely discharged. I think it would be good for this weapon to also only be able to be used 4 times before it can’t be shot again, regardless of the amount of ammo you have. It would make it a specific case weapon specifically for killing boss zombies.

• Reminds me of the rail gun from Red Faction.

• Game Admins

@Humin:

I think it would be good for this weapon to also only be able to be used 4 times before it can’t be shot again, regardless of the amount of ammo you have. It would make it a specific case weapon specifically for killing boss zombies.

3200 damage for 300 points? that’s retarded, you might as well just buy a silencer

• @DoctorDrew:

3200 damage for 300 points? that’s retarded, you might as well just buy a silencer

Drop it to 200 points, give it no firing delay, remove the need for ammo, and increase the fire amount to 5 or until a balance is met.

• @DoctorDrew:

Key(gimmick) here is burst damage, not sustained dps+dmg cap.

• Game Admins

@ReaM:

ok, and a silencer does almost 400 burst damage per second as a 70 point weapon, and the boomstick does 432 burst damage. do you even play the game?

• @ReaM:

That’s what it does, it does an incredible amount of damage in a short amount of time. If you want to spend 200 points on a weapon and use it up in 5 seconds then so be it.
    To combat the insane dps, have it do 800 damage over the course of 10 seconds or so, like the way poison or bleed works for humans.

• Administrators

oh no you missed the reference.

• Game Admins

@Humin:

That’s what it does, it does an incredible amount of damage in a short amount of time. If you want to spend 200 points on a weapon and use it up in 5 seconds then so be it.
    To combat the insane dps, have it do 800 damage over the course of 10 seconds or so, like the way poison or bleed works for humans.

new balance director of zs

• @JetBoom:

oh no you missed the reference.

Dominators from space rangers? Blazer/Keller.

• Or you could just buy every detpack stock and keep your movement speed. 4 shots IS rediculous.

• I decided to change and tweak this, basically turned it into a railgun.

I know it goes against the grain slightly but I also made the weapon pierce twice meaning it can hit up to 3 zombies. I felt like it needed something else to be useful because overkilling a single poison zombie every couple of seconds doesn’t suit a Tier 6. Each pierce reduces the damage by half. Base damage is now 500 instead of 800. So the 2nd hit does 250 damage, last one does 125. It still uses 25 pulse ammo a shot. It also can’t headshot anymore (but it doesn’t really need to).

Also changed the way it looks somewhat and the effect.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8255941/gm_construct 2016-5-17 00-08-34.webm

It implements the reduced reload speed now too.

• Very pretty. It’s a mystery to me why you’re so eager to Quakify ZS. But I guess that sort of thing appeals to the people with the skill to afford these weapons in the first place.

• @FriskyPiranha:

Very pretty. It’s a mystery to me why you’re so eager to Quakify ZS. But I guess that sort of thing appeals to the people with the skill to afford these weapons in the first place.

Well the weapons in ZS aren’t exactly made to be generic FPS weapons with tiny stat changes, they never really have been. I don’t see anything wrong with pushing on with that, it legitimately provides significantly more variety. And yeah, I would expect that a Tier 6 would have at least some unique aspect to it, although there’s definitely room for a Tier 6 with just raw power.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.