THE MEDIA DUMP SUPER MOVIE DISASTER SATURDAY

• HELLO MEDIA DUMP WE PRESENT THE

:lurk: MEDIA DUMP SUPER MOVIE DISASTER SATURDAY :lurk:

We’ll make this a regular feature if more than two people bother showing up.

Times

Saturday 22:00 EST
    Saturday 19:00 PST

The Movie

Se7en
    January 16th 2016
    IMDb, RT
    Cut: n/a (remastered and standard should match up)
    Runtime: 126m 45s

How?

Participants prepare for sexy night by downloading Syncplay (http://syncplay.pl/), installing a compatible media player (most notably VLC but also others such as MPC) and getting a copy of the upcoming movie in a medium that is playable though the aforementioned media player. This can be a DVD, a video file or whatnot. Do keep the cut and runtime mentioned in this post in mind as your copy should be compatible with those lest you you won’t be seeing what everyone else sees.

On movie night, Syncplay automagically handles everything else like syncing, pausing and skipping around if necessary. Those interested in talking or chatting during or after the movie would most likely do so via the Mumble.

QNA

Q: Why?
    A: We were watching a movie the other night and it was fun.

Q: Spoiler policy?
    A: At the very least try not to spoil anything before the screening is over in case anyone hasn’t seen the movie before. Anything goes after that so as to allow constructive discussion and snobbish debates.

Q: What about Europe?
    A: Stay up until 5 AM I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Q: Why do you watch pleb films?
    A: [expand]

Q: Do I need to register in advance or anything?
    A: No but please do denote interest by posting in this thread so that we can gauge interest and act accordingly.

Q: There’s a movie called XYZ that should be featured!
    A: Just post it you absolute madman.

• HELLO MEDIA DUMP WE PRESENT THE

:lurk: MEDIA DUMP SUPER MOVIE DISASTER SATURDAY :lurk:

We’ll make this a regular feature if more than two people bother showing up.

Times

Saturday 22:00 EST
    Saturday 19:00 PST

The Movie

Se7en
    January 16th 2016
    IMDb, RT
    Cut: n/a (remastered and standard should match up)
    Runtime: 126m 45s

How?

Participants prepare for sexy night by downloading Syncplay (http://syncplay.pl/), installing a compatible media player (most notably VLC but also others such as MPC) and getting a copy of the upcoming movie in a medium that is playable though the aforementioned media player. This can be a DVD, a video file or whatnot. Do keep the cut and runtime mentioned in this post in mind as your copy should be compatible with those lest you you won’t be seeing what everyone else sees.

On movie night, Syncplay automagically handles everything else like syncing, pausing and skipping around if necessary. Those interested in talking or chatting during or after the movie would most likely do so via the Mumble.

QNA

Q: Why?
    A: We were watching a movie the other night and it was fun.

Q: Spoiler policy?
    A: At the very least try not to spoil anything before the screening is over in case anyone hasn’t seen the movie before. Anything goes after that so as to allow constructive discussion and snobbish debates.

Q: What about Europe?
    A: Stay up until 5 AM I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Q: Why do you watch pleb films?
    A: [expand]

Q: Do I need to register in advance or anything?
    A: No but please do denote interest by posting in this thread so that we can gauge interest and act accordingly.

Q: There’s a movie called XYZ that should be featured!
    A: Just post it you absolute madman.

• dumb and gay

• you overestimate the computer literacy of most people.

• seven good taste n choice yess I’ll be there

noxnet av club

• lol 3am gmt. I could probably do that, I’d be just home from a night out.

• Host a Peerflix server and make it work with MPTV

• @Samuel:

Host a Peerflix server and make it work with MPTV

That’s illegal and is annoying for people with bad internet. Not to mention Peerflix is fragile.

@JetBoom:

you overestimate the computer literacy of most people.

Well if anyone someone manages to fuck up installing two pieces of software and downloading/buying/renting a movie then I suppose they’ll post here for everyone to point and laugh provide help.

@C.C:

lol 3am gmt. I could probably do that, I’d be just home from a night out.

Alternatively Yuropeans could just organize their own screening; it’s not like I have a monopoly on watching movies online.

• So we’re watching Seten tomorrow. Fetch your movie while you can.

Server: syncplay.pl:8999
    Room name: +MDSMDS:458E46AF34D3
    Obviously you should join the Mumble.

• Bit late, but if this is still happening may I suggest http://rabb.it

You sign up, get a “room” where you can invite people via a link. The “TV” is a computer that’s running Firefox that you get to remote control. Go to your favorite movie site, click on a movie and get comfy. Everyone in the “room” can watch. You can also give other pass on your control of the browser, so someone else can put something on.

It also has optional text, voice and video chat for everyone in the room.

• With a stream, you can’t preload the movie if your connection is trash, you can’t keep the file afterwards nor can you elect to download a shitty 480p blockfest, a 4k waste of space or anything in between without affecting everyone else’s selection.

Some people also have unmetered bandwidth during the night though bandwidth caps are so insane nowadays that it doesn’t really matter.

I might add that the ability to use the decoder, subtitle track and audio track of your choice is a big plus.

• @Zetanor said in THE MEDIA DUMP SUPER MOVIE DISASTER SATURDAY:

With a stream, you can’t preload the movie if your connection is trash, you can’t keep the file afterwards nor can you elect to download a shitty 480p blockfest, a 4k waste of space or anything in between without affecting everyone else’s selection.

Right, right. That’s true.

By the way, is this still happening?

• I hope so.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.