Zombie Escape

• The game mode is shit with shitty maps and its gimmick has run its course.

Either the maps are free wins, or instant loses.

• The game mode is shit with shitty maps and its gimmick has run its course.

Either the maps are free wins, or instant loses.

• Banned

but free wins are fun! winning is fun!  :before:

• Problem is half the of maps are just hold W and don’t stay behind. Boring slugfests. At least it’s only 2 times per map now.

• My biggest quirk is that ze maps have a massive filesize (200MB for something that looks like a 2005 CSS map) and takes years for it to load, besides only 2 of them actually being fun at all, cycle the ZE maps at least

• Just needs to be rotated with new map sets periodically, still has potential.

• I like the different gameplay. ZE is a nice break from all the griefing in ZS.

If you don’t like the maps, let’s make some that are more fun.

• Banned

Mako and Pirates are fun ZE maps.

• ZE maps are a strange beast. At times they are a refreshing break from the sometimes slow zombie survival, but other times they kill the server. ZS is an incredibly dynamic gamemode, with each map having several cading spots and strategies, but unfortunately ZE is a linear guided experience that ceases to be fun after the second or third time running through a map. Perhaps ZE would be better if the maps were only played once each time, that way it’s a quick break then right back into what makes the server great.

• ZE isn’t worth keeping around unless someone can commit to revamping it. The last thing ZS needs at this time in particular is a dull, outdated deviation from the standard game mode that everyone is working so hard to revitalize.

• Either the maps are free wins

If nothing else, the maps with 35% winrate or higher need to be reworked or just removed. The 60% damage multiplier on zombies almost does nothing.

• Maps need to have a win rate of like 10%. That goes for regular zs maps too.

• @Raox:

If nothing else, the maps with 35% winrate or higher need to be reworked or just removed. The 60% damage multiplier on zombies almost does nothing.

Maps with less running and more places where you have to defend would help. In Pirates not only is it 90% running, humans get a massive headstart while zombies are stuck behind a barrier, which forces them to either wait for it to dissapear or jump off and land in a cage with humans who fell through broken parts of the bridge. The time it takes for the cage to open and to finish killing them(the zombies often get stuck inside them because of the teleport) puts the zombies even further behind. There is only 1 spot the humans have to defend which only requires them to shoot the zombies enough to make them unable to jump over a hole in the floor. Usually the humans are so far ahead by the time they reach the end point they literally sit there and do nothing for 40 seconds until the round ends.

• Banned

Ze_random_v10 would be a good addition to the ze maps. It needs a lot of work to be compatable with the zs version of ze though.

• Administrators

I’m fine with disabling it. Are there any maps that should remain?

• Banned

Mako grand boat escape and hypernova. I normally went for pirates but changed my mind

• Game Admins

@JetBoom:

I’m fine with disabling it. Are there any maps that should remain?

Not really, Mako Reactor seems to be the most consistently enjoyed so if we’re looking to keep one or two that would be my first save.

• Mako Reactor is the only good ZE map. The boat section of grand boat escape might as well not even exist, if the boat was removed and the water made undesirable to swim through it might make good map. Hypernova is a another map where you barely see the zombies until near the end.

• Game Admins

I disabled everything but Mako, since it’s the only map that had very little criticism from when I’ve been on the server.

• Banned

What happened to game show?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.