[RELEASE] eft_spirittemple_b1

• :wacko: Spirit Temple :wacko:

The map that took more than a year to publish.

[header]Description[/header]
    This map went through many changes, and eventually I never felt like publishing it. But today I did.
    Spirit Temple includes textures, sounds, and music from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and is supposed to resemble the Spirit Temple, one of the six main dungeons in OOT. It, however, was made
    to fit the game play style of Extreme Football Throwdown.

[header]Features[/header]
    Spirit Temple offers: two statues that changes ball power-ups on a 30 second interval (speed, blitz, magnetic, victory, and ice (water not included for obvious reasons)), two levels of game play, a beam of sunlight that shines down at ball spawn, which affects the forces applied on the ball, and alternate paths to each goal, and torches that give the ball a 15 second blitz power-up.

[header]Images[/header]

[header]Download[/header]

Version 1: Available
    Version 2: Available (Log)

• :wacko: Spirit Temple :wacko:

The map that took more than a year to publish.

[header]Description[/header]
    This map went through many changes, and eventually I never felt like publishing it. But today I did.
    Spirit Temple includes textures, sounds, and music from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and is supposed to resemble the Spirit Temple, one of the six main dungeons in OOT. It, however, was made
    to fit the game play style of Extreme Football Throwdown.

[header]Features[/header]
    Spirit Temple offers: two statues that changes ball power-ups on a 30 second interval (speed, blitz, magnetic, victory, and ice (water not included for obvious reasons)), two levels of game play, a beam of sunlight that shines down at ball spawn, which affects the forces applied on the ball, and alternate paths to each goal, and torches that give the ball a 15 second blitz power-up.

[header]Images[/header]

[header]Download[/header]

Version 1: Available
    Version 2: Available (Log)

• The goal brushes are either too large or hitting one of the rotating circles is meant to score points? I’ve thrown a couple of balls that have bounced off but also scored a point.

Otherwise the map is pretty decent so will put it when you change the above, it will have some unique playing points.

• [header]Version 2 Log[/header]

• Changed each circle that orbits their respective goals to not be their own goals themselves. (scrapped idea that wasn’t removed)
    • Made the back face of Blue’s goal not NoDraw.

• Victory ball?  :wacko: How does that work?

• Whichever team has control of it when the timer runs out is awarded a point. It can be OP if done incorrectly, but I haven’t seen how it will work on a full server yet.

@Inco: I just took a look at it, and while I like the map’s layout and vibe, there are some things you could still correct in another version (but aren’t exactly needed). For one, the ambient lighting is pretty dark around the edges of the map near the stairs. I’d also increase the lightmap resolution on the flat brush near ball spawn (see below) so the shadow isn’t so pixelated, maybe set it to 4. And last, I noticed you textured the roof, but with the amount of fog, you’d never be able to see this in normal gameplay. So I’d texture that with nodraw, and maybe place the higher up part of the large pillar in the center into a 3D skybox. Like I said, none of these are needed (maybe the brighter lighting though), but just putting them here anyway.

• Added but pretty much what dissident said.

• One of the most creative and well done maps I’ve seen to be on the gamemode. I see why it took ages to make. Great job!
    eft_avatar
    The five power ups all lived in harmony until…

• Victory ball works well here since the chance of getting it isn’t guaranteed. One thing that needs to be said is that you can drop off the map with 1.5/2 seconds left and end up scoring because the ball_reset triggers are placed way too low.

Also, can particle effects (the custom fire) have a fade limit? The fog isn’t occluding them, and the map runs bad when looking from spawn to the other side of the map. Not sure how much they can be helped though, since Source doesn’t handle these types of maps well.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.