Bullet damage not counting: Lag or Bug?

• Game Admins

I was told before that this was a lag based problem, but was curious if anyone else had this issue or not.

There are times where I’ll shoot a zombie and only see the blood splatter particle come out of the zombie. No damage floaters pop out, and as no damage is dealt, you don’t gain any points for shooting the zombie. This can happen multiple times in a row, I could potentially waste half a clip or more on a zombie and not get any points for doing so. It makes it frustrating when I have low ammo and then run out, having to wait for resupplies to fill me back up.

If anyone else has this issue, or is able to explain what the real deal is, say so. I should mention that my ping is normally around 50-70 or so on ZS.

• Game Admins

I was told before that this was a lag based problem, but was curious if anyone else had this issue or not.

There are times where I’ll shoot a zombie and only see the blood splatter particle come out of the zombie. No damage floaters pop out, and as no damage is dealt, you don’t gain any points for shooting the zombie. This can happen multiple times in a row, I could potentially waste half a clip or more on a zombie and not get any points for doing so. It makes it frustrating when I have low ammo and then run out, having to wait for resupplies to fill me back up.

If anyone else has this issue, or is able to explain what the real deal is, say so. I should mention that my ping is normally around 50-70 or so on ZS.

• I’ve noticed the issue.

• Definitely happens to me, it’s not a recent bug though. Happened for years.

• Happens in more than just zs, isn’t it just client side lag or some shit?

• It’s just how source engine lag compensation works, try not holding down your mouse 1 and spray

• I’ve noticed it. For me it seems to happen more with the deagle, sometimes around two of seven shots wont register. i’ve shot at afk/feigning zombies point blank and it still happens sometimes.
    I do have 100 ping though.

• Its been happening for a long time.
    I would think there is more to it than lag if its happening on zombies standing still.

• I shot a standing active zombie’s chest with a deagle 6 times from 2 feet away and none of the hits registered.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.