[ZS] 62% of human guns are virtually never used

• A lot of the guns are very seldomly used by experienced humans. Not counting starting guns (in which the battleaxe, owens and stubber are rarely used) a whopping % of guns are rarely used. Sorting the guns into tiers, this is what zs has looked like (at least in the past 20 days)

A Tier (Extremely common buys)

-Deagle
    -Silencer
    -Boomstick

B Tier (Alternative, but not rare buys)

-Glock
    -Ender
    -Aug
    -Adonis
    -Tiny Slug

C Tier (Sometimes seen but overshadowed)

-Magnum
    -Reaper
    -Stalker
    -Sweeper

D Tier (I have never seen these items purchased more than once since the skill web update)

-Eraser
    -Sprayer
    -Shredder
    -Bulletstorm
    -Annabelle
    -Impaler
    -Long Arm
    -Hunter
    -Akbar

21 guns. 9 of them almost never seen and 4 of them negligibly seen.  It’s clear that some guns are very superior to others.

For the most part, the non-used guns need straight buffs. Assault rifle ammo is too expensive when SMG ammo comes in 40 packs while AR is only 30. Long arm is extremely inefficient. Hunter is actually fine I think, we just have not played any maps where it’s use is needed.

• A lot of the guns are very seldomly used by experienced humans. Not counting starting guns (in which the battleaxe, owens and stubber are rarely used) a whopping % of guns are rarely used. Sorting the guns into tiers, this is what zs has looked like (at least in the past 20 days)

A Tier (Extremely common buys)

-Deagle
    -Silencer
    -Boomstick

B Tier (Alternative, but not rare buys)

-Glock
    -Ender
    -Aug
    -Adonis
    -Tiny Slug

C Tier (Sometimes seen but overshadowed)

-Magnum
    -Reaper
    -Stalker
    -Sweeper

D Tier (I have never seen these items purchased more than once since the skill web update)

-Eraser
    -Sprayer
    -Shredder
    -Bulletstorm
    -Annabelle
    -Impaler
    -Long Arm
    -Hunter
    -Akbar

21 guns. 9 of them almost never seen and 4 of them negligibly seen.  It’s clear that some guns are very superior to others.

For the most part, the non-used guns need straight buffs. Assault rifle ammo is too expensive when SMG ammo comes in 40 packs while AR is only 30. Long arm is extremely inefficient. Hunter is actually fine I think, we just have not played any maps where it’s use is needed.

• Inferno, magnum, and reaper all get a lot of use.  Situationally, so does hunter. Otherwise yeah pretty much

• Sprayer and Hunter shouldnt be in the last category, every round someone in 99% getting these.

• @Nukkun:

Inferno, magnum, and reaper all get a lot of use.  Situationally, so does hunter. Otherwise yeah pretty much

I only see Reaper used by two players including myself.

• Not counting starting guns (in which the battleaxe, owens and stubber are rarely used)

Peashooter is rarely used too since it doesn’t give much ammo anymore, by itself. Starting pistols just cost too much worth.

The list is generally correct, but Hunter and Sprayer are probably C tier, and swap the Glock and Magnum.

• Banned

Most of the D tier guns are balanced but some of them are just very situational. IMO the only gun that could use a buff is eraser.
    @Wood:

I only see Reaper used by two players including myself.

Open your eyes then.

• Generally, point-inefficient weapons never show up in games because the situations where they’re used (fewer shooters with less internal competition for points needing extra dps) don’t pop up frequently.

Also, setting yourself behind on a weapon with bad returns means you can’t progress to higher tier weapons or buy utility items, which you need in later rounds against better zombie classes and more zombie players.

That can make it so often you’ll want to skip getting an inefficient weapon in the same or slightly higher tier for immediate safety in favor of grinding with a deagle or something for an endgame gun.

• @Apathetic:

Generally, point-inefficient weapons never show up in games because the situations where they’re used (fewer shooters with less internal competition for points needing extra dps) don’t pop up frequently.

Also, setting yourself behind on a weapon with bad returns means you can’t progress to higher tier weapons or buy utility items, which you need in later rounds against better zombie classes and more zombie players.

That can make it so often you’ll want to skip getting an inefficient weapon in the same or slightly higher tier for immediate safety in favor of grinding with a deagle or something for an endgame gun.

This kind of is my biggest issue with the system as it is now. I don’t mind the fact that some weapons are less efficient than others - they often make up for this with their other qualities but you can’t really upgrade from these weapons easily at all, they’re dead ends, in a sense. Generally you make an assessment throughout the game with the points you’ve acquired so far and ammo you’ve got about the “endgame weapon” you’re going to get, which is generally a Tier 5 weapon if at all possible.

• @Raox:

This kind of is my biggest issue with the system as it is now. I don’t mind the fact that some weapons are less efficient than others - they often make up for this with their other qualities but you can’t really upgrade from these weapons easily at all, they’re dead ends, in a sense. Generally you make an assessment throughout the game with the points you’ve acquired so far and ammo you’ve got about the “endgame weapon” you’re going to get, which is generally a Tier 5 weapon if at all possible.

I wonder how things would change if there was some mechanic requiring a weapon from a lower tier to upgrade to a higher tier, and if weapon costs were rebalanced around this.

Edit: It’s worth pointing out that some extremely experienced human players (as in the top 1% of skill, people like CMasta, Alex and qwert) will rush midtier weapons early in the game to get a quick advantage and be able to outcompete for points, like going back to lane with an item advantage in a MOBA, before getting their endgame gear. But most players can’t farm quickly enough to take that upgrade path so it’s rarely seen.

• I’m in the top .01% nigga

• @CMasta:

I’m in the top .01% nigga

I must not have been around when you outfarmed alex

• Make weapons sellable for points?

• @PureJeenyus:

Make weapons sellable for points?

nah, its nice to get an weapon you need from someone who doesnt need it anymore.

• -Silencer        - Outperforms every other smg in terms of damage and dps.
    -Boomstick     - Zom-B-Gone barricade spray.

-Magnum        -High damage but very slow. Laggy ricochet.
    -Reaper          -Overshadowed by silencer, otherwise the best smg damage wise.
    -Stalker          -Higher damage and dps than Aug but the tradeoff is terrible accuracy. Can be point efficient.
    -Sweeper      -Overshadowed by the Boomstick. slower.

-Eraser          -Only worth buying if you greeded a lot of pistol ammo. Not point efficient.
    -Sprayer        -Overshadowed by tosser in terms of accuracy. Difficult to get headshots. Not point efficient.
    -Shredder      -Would be a viable alternative to the silencer/reaper if it was more accurate.
    -Bulletstorm  -Overshadowed by the silcencer in terms of dps, mainly because of it’s reload time and low damage. Not point efficient.
    -Annabelle     -Ugly model, low accuracy compared to other rifles.
    -Impaler        -Needs to have zombies stacked up on the barricade to make it point efficient, which makes it useless for defending
    -Long Arm    -Most people have used their pistol ammo by the point this is unlocked.
    -Hunter        -1 shot clip. 5 second reload time. Point efficient, but punching zombies is probably a faster method of gaining points
    -Akbar          -Why buy this when the Aug is only a few more points

-tosser          -The only accurate smg, as good as most 70+ point smgs
    -peashooter  -Worth equivalent of the Deagle
    -owens          -Worth eqivalent of the Glock. Better shotgun than the blaster
    -battleaxe      -people only buy this to get the waraxe
    -blaster        -completely awful, no aiming required
    -stubber        -better than the hunter
    -crackler        -tosser clone

• @DR.:

overview of weapons

Pretty much spot on, actually.

• Banned

@DR.:

-battleaxe      -people only buy this to get the waraxe

not really

• magnum was pretty much my go-to. did it get nerfed or what?

• @Kari:

magnum was pretty much my go-to. did it get nerfed or what?

It’s good to use the magnum to deflect bullets and land headshots whenever there’s a doorcade.
    I wouldn’t really use this as a run and gun weapon due to it’s crap accuracy and fire rate.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.