[ZS] Revert buff to Silencer damage

• Silencer damage has been increased from 19.5 to 22.

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=18625.0

I don’t feel the Silencer needs to do 22 damage. It already has obscenely high DPS for a weapon in it’s tier, and the fact it’s more ammo efficient then the other SMGs in its tier just makes it much better. It’s quick reload speed also makes it potentially better than the Bulletstorm in terms of it’s sustained DPS (which is a tier higher). The rate of fire could be increased slightly to compensate, but the ammo efficiency would remain the same.

• Silencer damage has been increased from 19.5 to 22.

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=18625.0

I don’t feel the Silencer needs to do 22 damage. It already has obscenely high DPS for a weapon in it’s tier, and the fact it’s more ammo efficient then the other SMGs in its tier just makes it much better. It’s quick reload speed also makes it potentially better than the Bulletstorm in terms of it’s sustained DPS (which is a tier higher). The rate of fire could be increased slightly to compensate, but the ammo efficiency would remain the same.

• If buffing the other smgs isn’t an option i’d agree with this, but I’d much rather see the 4 other useless smgs get a buff instead. Preferably to accuracy.

• @Matt:

If buffing the other smgs isn’t an option i’d agree with this, but I’d much rather see the 4 other useless smgs get a buff instead. Preferably to accuracy.

Inclined to agree. They aren’t very point efficient since it’s hard to headshot with them - I feel like a starting weapon Tosser can be actually better than them because it has good accuracy for an SMG. Reaper is fine, though, I think.

• The Reaper and the Tosser are fine as is, but other SMGs such as the bulletstorm aren’t reliable in making profit

• Agree with Klondike. Once you got Bulletstorm, sooner or later you will have 0 ammo, but maybe im just bad shooter.

• Players are meant to buy the bulletstorm?

• An alternative solution might be to actually swap the Silencer and Bulletstorm in their tiers, and then I don’t feel that Silencer needs to be actually nerfed. It would do respectable damage for its tier.

@Klondike:

The Reaper and the Tosser are fine as is, but other SMGs such as the bulletstorm aren’t reliable in making profit

I wouldn’t say profit is important anymore, I would say ammo efficiency since virtually nobody purchases ammo from arsenal crates anymore unless they have a high tier gun, almost all which are very efficient, most of it is obtained from a resupply.

So overview:

Tosser - Accurate for an SMG, quite efficient because it’s easy to headshot with it.
    Uzi - It’s not super efficient but since it’s so cheap and has good sustained DPS, it’s probably okay.
    Shredder - A bit poor in it’s tier due it’s mediocre accuracy, and not a huge damage increase over the tosser.
    Silencer - Insane DPS and ammo eff, really powerful for it’s tier, even if it isn’t super accurate.
    Reaper - Relatively fine since it has good damage per shot, and slow rate of fire to compensate.
    Bulletstorm - Arguably worse than the Silencer, lower damage per shot, lower DPS even with secondary fire, at a higher tier.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.