[ZS] remove ze_hypernova

• Maps like this are used for the easy win and to get xp. This map gets played when the server population is low and does nothing to help it. Noobs join and no one wants to play this garbage map. Its a guaranteed win as long as people shoot and players don’t suicide. Its especially horrible since you have to play 3 rounds of zombie escape, whenever it gets voted I normally leave, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. The damage resistance which is at like 73% damage taken because of the winrate does nothing to help zombies.

When a map is won nearly every time it is played, I think it should be removed…

Others such as obj maps have this same effect, they drive away new players/joiners. Who wants to get killed by bullet cades for 30 minutes and barely even come near a human. Player count taking a hit every time a ze or obj map is voted is pretty evident…

Then the arguement towards this is “playing zombie isn’t supposed to be fun, its punishment”. So what, the unlucky few who are picked are supposed to just deal with it? This results in half the zombie team going afk, or leaving. Then the humans have the funnest time standing around in a zombie-less zombie survival chatting and using emotes (basically what noxiousnet is all about…)

You cant really have a total fix for the zombies getting shit on, I understand that, but removing maps like hypernova would help.

Gametracker doesn’t let you view server popularity based on maps, but if it did, I’d bet that it would prove what im saying.

Also, I’m not trying to use new players as an excuse for game changes like jetboom has said in other threads. Others have seen this going on, I’ve seen it, It’s not just new players who are affected, its everyone.

• Maps like this are used for the easy win and to get xp. This map gets played when the server population is low and does nothing to help it. Noobs join and no one wants to play this garbage map. Its a guaranteed win as long as people shoot and players don’t suicide. Its especially horrible since you have to play 3 rounds of zombie escape, whenever it gets voted I normally leave, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. The damage resistance which is at like 73% damage taken because of the winrate does nothing to help zombies.

When a map is won nearly every time it is played, I think it should be removed…

Others such as obj maps have this same effect, they drive away new players/joiners. Who wants to get killed by bullet cades for 30 minutes and barely even come near a human. Player count taking a hit every time a ze or obj map is voted is pretty evident…

Then the arguement towards this is “playing zombie isn’t supposed to be fun, its punishment”. So what, the unlucky few who are picked are supposed to just deal with it? This results in half the zombie team going afk, or leaving. Then the humans have the funnest time standing around in a zombie-less zombie survival chatting and using emotes (basically what noxiousnet is all about…)

You cant really have a total fix for the zombies getting shit on, I understand that, but removing maps like hypernova would help.

Gametracker doesn’t let you view server popularity based on maps, but if it did, I’d bet that it would prove what im saying.

Also, I’m not trying to use new players as an excuse for game changes like jetboom has said in other threads. Others have seen this going on, I’ve seen it, It’s not just new players who are affected, its everyone.

• 3 rounds is honestly too many on zombie escape maps, most definitely when you won the other two.

• Yeah, zombie escape should be 2 rounds.

I think the entire ZE gamemode needs some difficulty changes, it’d be best to change the maps to have actual challenges and difficult portions rather than just buffing zombies further. There’s no complexity to it, it’s just running and taking breaks to shoot, there’s no other strategies, methods, and no such thing as a unique round. Making the maps unique/interesting would of course require a lot more work than changing values, I doubt anyone is willing to do it (most maps would require entire sections replaced or full remakes).

Some objective maps have this issue but it’s nowhere near as bad as on ZE, the worst objective map would have to be enervation. The only part where humans face any threat is the support beams in the sewers, everywhere else just requires a half-assed barricade and the humans are invincible.

• Just remove ZE maps all together, their novelty has wore off.

• @Skan:

Yeah, zombie escape should be 2 rounds.

I think the entire ZE gamemode needs some difficulty changes, it’d be best to change the maps to have actual challenges and difficult portions rather than just buffing zombies further. There’s no complexity to it, it’s just running and taking breaks to shoot, there’s no other strategies, methods, and no such thing as a unique round. Making the maps unique/interesting would of course require a lot more work than changing values, I doubt anyone is willing to do it (most maps would require entire sections replaced or full remakes).

Some objective maps have this issue but it’s nowhere near as bad as on ZE, the worst objective map would have to be enervation. The only part where humans face any threat is the support beams in the sewers, everywhere else just requires a half-assed barricade and the humans are invincible.

This, exactly. Who seriously enjoys this shit??

@Thor:

Just remove ZE maps all together, their novelty has wore off.

Agree’d

• Banned

Mako is the best ze map. Keep it and remove the rest

• Zombies receive 18xp per brain so 2.77 brains will net you the equivalent xp if the humans happen win that round.

The last winrate I recorded for ze_hypernova_v4 was 34.4%, which is fairly balanced if you only receive 50xp. If any maps are removed, the order should be: enervation, pirates of the caribbean, hypernova.

With exception to enervation and objective maps, ZE maps don’t need any extensive changing given that they’ve went through plenty of testing on CS:S and CS:GO. Plenty of better ZE maps exist, new and old but there isn’t support for bosses so they’re not playable (with exception to FFVII Mako Reactor which was added by Benjy). In my opinion ZE should have increased knockback and far less damage rather than the opposite.

• @ritzbits:

Zombies receive 18xp per brain so 2.77 brains will net you the equivalent xp if the humans happen win that round.

The last winrate I recorded for ze_hypernova_v4 was 34.4%, which is fairly balanced if you only receive 50xp. If any maps are removed, the order should be: enervation, pirates of the caribbean, hypernova.

With exception to enervation and objective maps, ZE maps don’t need any extensive changing given that they’ve went through plenty of testing on CS:S and CS:GO. Plenty of better ZE maps exist, new and old but there isn’t support for bosses so they’re not playable (with exception to FFVII Mako Reactor which was added by Benjy). In my opinion ZE should have increased knockback and far less damage rather than the opposite.

Adding more knockback? Are you serious?

Good luck killing anything but afk’s…

• Yes. That’s how it works on CS:S and CS:GO seeing as damage done by weapons is much lower.

• I put the round limit for ze to equal zs.

Keep in mind “farming xp” isn’t really valid since you get 1/4 as normal for winning.

• I thought the 3 rounds for ze was because the first round had too many people loading in late, causing a quick loss.

• Having every other class locked, a damage multiplier on you and walking into bullet cades for 20 minutes is a great way to not have fun playing zombie.

Even the support beams in enervation are usually lost for some dumb reason like only half the players shooting, batteries being left on walls or all used right at the start.

• @Jacky:

I thought the 3 rounds for ze was because the first round had too many people loading in late, causing a quick loss.

It was but most people prefer regular zs.

• ZE I guess just isn’t for Gmod

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.