[ZS] Zombie Propkilling Damage Curve/Cap

• I’m starting to feel that prop killing should be more of a complement to zombie gameplay rather than being a mainstay of maps which have a lot of props. I don’t feel like such a mechanic should be removed, it’s fun and rewarding, but nuking players for 100-500 damage repeatedly, with props like a paintcan is quite ludicrous. I don’t think it should be able to one shot humans, instead, do around 50-70 damage at the maximum.

What I’m proposing is some kind of damage curve, logarithmic potentially, which would limit the damage dealt from very high damage props while still keeping it in a reasonable range for less damaging ones that normally do around 5-30 damage, and potentially making these weaker props do more damage so they see more usage rather than a wimpy 5 damage. It could also be capped.

Edit: Forgot to mention that these changes wouldn’t happen to shade.

• I’m starting to feel that prop killing should be more of a complement to zombie gameplay rather than being a mainstay of maps which have a lot of props. I don’t feel like such a mechanic should be removed, it’s fun and rewarding, but nuking players for 100-500 damage repeatedly, with props like a paintcan is quite ludicrous. I don’t think it should be able to one shot humans, instead, do around 50-70 damage at the maximum.

What I’m proposing is some kind of damage curve, logarithmic potentially, which would limit the damage dealt from very high damage props while still keeping it in a reasonable range for less damaging ones that normally do around 5-30 damage, and potentially making these weaker props do more damage so they see more usage rather than a wimpy 5 damage. It could also be capped.

Edit: Forgot to mention that these changes wouldn’t happen to shade.

• I think it would be amusing to see the player get blinded because white paint covered his eye.

• Humans should be knocked down by high speed props

• I think a damage cap + knockdown if hitting the cap would be good.

• Paint can full of paint can kill humans if has enough speed irl. But other props, such as wooden ones (for example painting frame) or those with small weight shouldn’t instakill, so it’s needs a buff indeed.

Voted no cuz paint cans awesome.

• I see a lot of new players react heavily in chat or just ragequit when they get prop nuked.

Most of the damage from these small props is coming from the fact they get extremely large amounts of speed. Knocking humans down with props would be definitely better as it provides utility and gives you an incentive to move to the human and finish them off, rather than nuking them outright from huge distances. Just because it’s fun doesn’t mean it isn’t broken.

• The map zs_abandonedmall_v6b, take this boot for example, the mapper set the keyvalue for mass scale, 10, really great for those shade kills, players get sniped with these boots in a barricade.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjReFXx5Yw0

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.