[ZS] Zombie Skill Web

• The persistent skill system makes playing as a human much more interesting. There should be a skill tree for zombies as well, which would make playing as a zombie more enjoyable.

I would suggest that the two trees be separate, but each has the same amount of points available to it. A player with 5 skill points puts 5 points into the human tree however they want, and 5 points into the zombie tree however they want. When they level up, they get an extra point for human and an extra point for zombie.

In the same way the human tree works, skills would offer trade-offs, or, the skills would be only situationally useful. Some examples off the top of my head:

-Increased movement speed, but decreased damage to humans (For attacking barricades or chasing humans)
    -Increase damage to props, but decrease damage to humans
    -Slow humans you hit, but decrease attack speed
    -Reduce damage taken, but slow movement speed
    -Increase the resist-o-meter for other nearby zombies, but lower it for yourself
    -Deal much higher damage to sanity sigils
    -Increased speed when no humans are nearby
    -Regenerate health much faster when feigning death

Zombies can pretty much have the same sorts of powers as humans, although since the different zombies have such different movement speeds, health pools and attack rates, things should probably be based on percentages instead of flat values. (+4% health instead of +4 health, for example)

But like I said, these examples are just off the top of my head and may not be balanced. The point is that having a skill tree for zombies would make playing as a zombie more entertaining by allowing you more control over how you want your zombie to function.

• The persistent skill system makes playing as a human much more interesting. There should be a skill tree for zombies as well, which would make playing as a zombie more enjoyable.

I would suggest that the two trees be separate, but each has the same amount of points available to it. A player with 5 skill points puts 5 points into the human tree however they want, and 5 points into the zombie tree however they want. When they level up, they get an extra point for human and an extra point for zombie.

In the same way the human tree works, skills would offer trade-offs, or, the skills would be only situationally useful. Some examples off the top of my head:

-Increased movement speed, but decreased damage to humans (For attacking barricades or chasing humans)
    -Increase damage to props, but decrease damage to humans
    -Slow humans you hit, but decrease attack speed
    -Reduce damage taken, but slow movement speed
    -Increase the resist-o-meter for other nearby zombies, but lower it for yourself
    -Deal much higher damage to sanity sigils
    -Increased speed when no humans are nearby
    -Regenerate health much faster when feigning death

Zombies can pretty much have the same sorts of powers as humans, although since the different zombies have such different movement speeds, health pools and attack rates, things should probably be based on percentages instead of flat values. (+4% health instead of +4 health, for example)

But like I said, these examples are just off the top of my head and may not be balanced. The point is that having a skill tree for zombies would make playing as a zombie more entertaining by allowing you more control over how you want your zombie to function.

• The common theme I’m hearing sometimes when playing is that playing zombie is boring (especially in regards to humans having skills and being a bit tougher/faster), I think would probably be nice to have a zombie skill tree if done well. Those examples seem quite suitable.

• I don’t like the idea of a skill tree for zombies in the same way as humans have, as flat passive buffs won’t do much for the entertainment value due to needing to be balanced around every class and boss. I’d suggest instead adding a tree that allows you to unlock variants of each zombie class that have their own buffs and trade-offs from the base class.

• Increased jump height would be nice.  Humans get it, after all.

• No.

Zombie + 50 level = Human lost cade survival.

Bad idea. :(

<mossman>

Zombie kill 10xp to 15 or 20xp. Better enjoy.

• @GTube:

No.

Zombie + 50 level = Human lost cade survival.

Bad idea. :(

<mossman>

Zombie kill 10xp to 15 or 20xp. Better enjoy.

Gotta agree with GT4. I would also suggest damaging Cades give 1 xp every other hit as well. Beside zombie team is getting a bunch of new shit anyway.

• Banned

While I do agree zombie has gotten a little tougher, I don’t think zombie needs a skill tree. The main problem is spawn camping and the broken gasses allowing humans to run into their spawn. Any zombie who actually puts effort instead of giving up the moment they get picked can rack up damage to get boss and kill humans.

• @Nastyhouse:

While I do agree zombie has gotten a little tougher, I don’t think zombie needs a skill tree. The main problem is spawn camping and the broken gasses allowing humans to run into their spawn. Any zombie who actually puts effort instead of giving up the moment they get picked can rack up damage to get boss and kill humans.

Fixing spawn damage  and giving them the speed buff and regeneration while I’m spawn would be the best thing to do for zombies. And make bosses OP again. Nightmare is a joke.

• Banned

Ironically enough it’s vets who whine and bitch about it the most even though they make no effort to try and get damage then complain even more when they don’t get boss because someone else was actually trying

• @Wood:

Gotta agree with GT4. I would also suggest damaging Cades give 1 xp every other hit as well. Beside zombie team is getting a bunch of new shit anyway.

Yes, sound good!

Just suggest: (LISTEN THIS Enough)
    -10xp to 15xp kill human.
    -Damage Cades give 0.5xp or 1xp (Near humans with cade get xp)

:)

• No. We’ll just get people suiciding on wave 1 to farm hard maps.

• Good god listen to urself.

With nightmare faster than ze zombies, wisp, asez kicker, damn lurkers - zombie team is op. Nah skill tree.
    If you think it needs a buff - change classes speed, damage etc.

Better to solve the “zombie team not trying” problem.
    Idk how, any suggestions?

• Even if there’s no skill added, it’d still be nice if zombies had their own leveling system, even if it’s purely aesthetic.

Let zombies levels be displayed next to their name or something, the better a player does as a zombie (Hurt players, eat brains, redeem, yadda yadda) the more EXP they get. This way you can at least get a sense of overall progression as a zombie as you do with a human, albeit not as significant. You could even get little zombie medals to equip or things like that for hitting 50 and rolling over.

• Stop playing like a racist and bring diversity to your zs.

Here’s a skill web for zombies

A; Heavy: (-% knockback, - speed)
    B; Ballistic Flesh: (-% knockback from bullets, +% damage from bullets)
    C; Cushioned Flesh: (-% knockback from melee, +% damage from melee)
    D; Unstoppable: (Slow immunity when above % health, -% jump power)
    E; Hulking Mass: (–% knockback, – speed)

F; Thrower: (+% claw knockback, -% claw damage)
    G; Hurler: (++% claw knockback, +% attack impact delay)
    H; Rake: (-% claw knockback, -% attack rate)

I; Corruption: (+X health regen per corrupted sigil, -% protection from sigils)
    J; Corrupted Conduit: (Enables teleporting between corrupted sigils, costs X health to teleport)
    K; Defiler: (+% damage against sigils, attacking a sigil drains health)

L; Regeneration: (+% feign death healing rate, -% laying/standing speed)
    M; Ambush: (+% laying/standing speed, -% healing rate)
    N; Shallow Grave: (feign death burrows underground, -% healing rate)

O; Speed: (+ speed, +% knockback)
    P; Wanderer: (+ speed when not near humans, - speed)
    Q; Death Rush: (speed boost on spawn for X seconds, expires and heavy slow if damaged during effect)
    R; Jumper: (+% jump power, +% knockback while in the air)
    S; Fleet Shambler: (++ speed, ++% knockback)

T; Unstable: (+% gib threshold, +% body damage taken)
    U; Swiper: (50% of claw damage dealt instantly rather than at the end, +% arm damage taken)
    V; Springy: (can still jump after taking leg damage, +% leg damage taken)
    W; Undying: (headshot deaths are delayed by X seconds, +% headshot damage taken)

X; Stealthy: (-% Fear-O-Meter presence, -% Horde Meter resistance)
    Y; Spectral: (no blood or pain sounds when damaged, no gibs on gory death, immobilized for X seconds when damaged)
    Z; Toxic Shroud: (harder to see when in zombie gas, no protection from zombie gas)
    @; Unnoticeable: (–% Fear-O-Meter presence when standing still, --% Horde Meter resistance)

As you can see the idea isn’t to give any straight advantages but let people specialize in how they want to play.

• Nightmare to balance so not happening. I was going to do variant classes instead.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.