[ZS] Random zombie selection

• New players are almost always picked since experienced players are familiar with how the zombie selection system works, and this often causes them to leave.

I don’t know how the spectator selection is going to be implemented: if there’s a team selection menu, volunteering for zombie should be moved to such menu, rather than walking into the nearest zombie spawn. Random selection from the pool of humans would help contribute to a fair game instead of having less experienced players be picked.

• New players are almost always picked since experienced players are familiar with how the zombie selection system works, and this often causes them to leave.

I don’t know how the spectator selection is going to be implemented: if there’s a team selection menu, volunteering for zombie should be moved to such menu, rather than walking into the nearest zombie spawn. Random selection from the pool of humans would help contribute to a fair game instead of having less experienced players be picked.

• But I like the system how it is now, it lets the players who enjoy zombie reliably become zombies and not C4 suicide themselves to increase the initial zombie count (although this still happens I still think it’s a problem). I think part of the issue currently is that message states that the furthest players from a sanity sigil will be picked, but in reality this is actually working on the furthest players from the centerpoint of the sigils, meaning players stood right next to a sigil can sometimes get picked to be a zombie.

• @Raox:

But I like the system how it is now, it lets the players who enjoy zombie reliably become zombies and not C4 suicide themselves to increase the initial zombie count (although this still happens I still think it’s a problem). I think part of the issue currently is that message states that the furthest players from a sanity sigil will be picked, but in reality this is actually working on the furthest players from the centerpoint of the sigils, meaning players stood right next to a sigil can sometimes get picked to be a zombie.

Pretty much this entirely. I made the mistake myself of standing next to a sigil hoping not to get picked.

I doubt anyone would volunteer to be a zombie anyway, anyone wanting to be a zombie will either walk into spawn or detpack themselves ammo pinata style. The idea of hugging a sigil would actually be a lot easier for new players not to be picked if it were fixed.

• @ritzbits:

New players are almost always picked since experienced players are familiar with how the zombie selection system works, and this often causes them to leave.

no new player is going to leave because they get to play a zombie in a zombie game. people need to stop using “new player” as a reason for changes.

Anyway, the bug with distances was fixed.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.