[ZS] Damage resistance buff for newly spawned boss zombies

• It wasn’t right for boss zombies to gain damage immunity by sitting in their spawns, but either back then or now, a boss zombie tends to get quickly destroyed the moment it walks out of the zombie spawn. Humans tend to run around outside for waves 1 and 2, and sometimes even longer if there are low amounts of zombies in comparison to humans / human team is better than the zombie team.

I was thinking of some kind of damage resist buff applied to newly spawned boss zombies. Think like the previous spawn protection’s damage resist buff, but much stronger. Right now human’s sitting outside aren’t afraid of bosses since they can easily kill them before they can do any significant damage (unless the chosen boss is Shade, and even then if humans nail any prop Shade tries to use it’s over)

The idea is to make humans outside actually afraid of being outside. I’m not sure of the actual percentage necessary but it would need to be strong enough to not make a boss die to rapid fire in 10-20 seconds or so. The buff would only last for 30 seconds or so, maybe 45. My reasoning is that Butcher, the boss zombie designed for killing humans running around outside, cannot do his job since he dies so quickly. While either a buff specifically to Butcher would help fix his issue, I still think a damage resist buff for all the bosses would work better.

Edit: Buff would also need to be dynamically removed or lessened if a boss is within a certain radius of a sigil, to prevent a barricade from being wiped by them.

• It wasn’t right for boss zombies to gain damage immunity by sitting in their spawns, but either back then or now, a boss zombie tends to get quickly destroyed the moment it walks out of the zombie spawn. Humans tend to run around outside for waves 1 and 2, and sometimes even longer if there are low amounts of zombies in comparison to humans / human team is better than the zombie team.

I was thinking of some kind of damage resist buff applied to newly spawned boss zombies. Think like the previous spawn protection’s damage resist buff, but much stronger. Right now human’s sitting outside aren’t afraid of bosses since they can easily kill them before they can do any significant damage (unless the chosen boss is Shade, and even then if humans nail any prop Shade tries to use it’s over)

The idea is to make humans outside actually afraid of being outside. I’m not sure of the actual percentage necessary but it would need to be strong enough to not make a boss die to rapid fire in 10-20 seconds or so. The buff would only last for 30 seconds or so, maybe 45. My reasoning is that Butcher, the boss zombie designed for killing humans running around outside, cannot do his job since he dies so quickly. While either a buff specifically to Butcher would help fix his issue, I still think a damage resist buff for all the bosses would work better.

Edit: Buff would also need to be dynamically removed or lessened if a boss is within a certain radius of a sigil, to prevent a barricade from being wiped by them.

• Observed Skan spawning as a Doom Crab, getting annihilated in less than 10 seconds on zs_church.

@Skan:

The spawn protection was fine on other bosses, I just meant the wisp was having issues since it’s ranged. Other bosses ended up dying in the 10 seconds before the next wave started.

I think a boss based on clearing crowds outside of barricades would be nice (maybe a replacement for ass kicker since it’s pretty useless despite the fun and novelty), something with very high health and speed but can only deal damage by charging into people and ragdolling them, that way it couldn’t be used against props.

• Buff would also need to be dynamically removed or altered if a boss zombie enters a certain radius of a sigil, to prevent them from soloing a barricade with the resist buff. I know that sigils themselves aren’t as important but people still barricade near them. So having the buff be both timed and proximity based might work out.

• What happened to zombie gas damaging humans?

• I’ll add back the protection to bosses since wisp had the range greatly nerfed.

• All the bosses simply need more health in my opinion. Maybe 1000 added to each, simply because a group of seasoned players can melee Nightmare to death. Bosses should to be feared, most are jokes at this point and humans are only getting stronger.

• If I were any boss other than Shade, then I would fear quick annihilation at the bullets from all those players.
    This would mainly happen on outdoor maps, like zs_church, zm_poorland

• Is there a way to make bullets do half damage vs Boss types?

• Why not just increase health slightly each wave? To make em seem like a progressive threat rather than just buffing them outta proportions?

• One thing I was gonna do is make them immune to knockback.

• I was thinking that but didn’t think it would be necessary with a decent health buff.

However if you combined all the suggestions it would make zombie bosses fucking tanks, which would be fun to fight.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.