Bunny hopping

• RIP sweet prince

• RIP sweet prince

• it was quite fun while it lasted.

edit: doesn’t seem to be live yet, still can bhop fine.

• i still don’t find a single reason for removing something so widely known and used. indeed the gamemode wasn’t created originally considering the bhop, yet this is a fun unavoidable feature that doesn’t really need to go away. some people might get butthurt, some might abuse the shit out of it, but this is how it goes in games like these.
    thanks in advance to the butthurt people that complained and made the executives take action.(ihopeyoudie jk not jk)

:before:

• Game Admins

You’re not a majority. Regardless of how many people you think you represent, I don’t think it good practice to allow people to gain an incredible advantage because they know how to exploit something.

• I agree with Benjy on this. The exploitation of it sucked and wasn’t fun.

• Don’t worry Donny and Tuk, the nerf isn’t going to be implemented after all.

• i never said i was for the exploitation of this.  like i told benjy ingame while he was debugging, there could be a speed limitation, cutting off speed instead of not allowing at all. in this case it could be controllable and of course not a complain reason. correct me if i’m wrong but many people enjoy bhop in general

• Administrators

@Benjy:

You’re not a majority. Regardless of how many people you think you represent, I don’t think it good practice to allow people to gain an incredible advantage because they know how to exploit something.

The same can be said about a lot of other meta things in the game. Bunny hopping was removed from ZS because it actually ruined the game, this doesn’t.

• Game Admins

If you’re sure, I personally don’t see the difference from what I’ve seen in-game.

• Administrators

I don’t see it as a problem. It’s akin to removing rocket jumping in quake.

It also doesn’t fully fix the supposed problem. This would only get rid of hopping down hills or off jump pads. If someone loses speed ball they can hop to maintain speed which is more of a problem than this.

• I see what you mean about the speed ball (just tested it). However, for some certain maps, the patch could simply ignore those by having a higher threshold number, preventing the bunny hops that take you across the entire map in 2 seconds. However, you could argue that the maps themselves are at fault and not the gamemode. In that case, preventing this could be done by changing how the jump pads in maps are handled. I have a version of Sky Metal with changes like this, but I never uploaded it due to the potential controversy with Neko.

• personally i wouldn’t mind at all an update that would maintain a maximum speed not above the double of the regular running speed. by the means that benjy was debugging i think this is indeed possible and viable. would keep both sides of the moon happy

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.