[UPDATE] eft_chamber_v2

• check madden’s post folks

• check madden’s post folks

• @Chief:

while keeping the gameplay similar.

I’m not convinced.

• @Chief:

*You can now throw the ball over the walls (if the ball gets stuck there’s a tiny reset trigger ontop)

That’s a bad idea, the ball can bounce off the top of the wall and fall down.

@Chief:

*To the far upper left and right of the map, there are 2 speedball rings lasting 10 seconds.

I think this is in a bad location, it should be moved or at least have the duration increased.

@Chief:

*New lighting and skybox

• It’s not really a fix since the previous chamber wasn’t broken.

• too dull too dark, would definitely prefer the alpha.

• @ritzbits:

It’s not really a fix since the previous chamber wasn’t broken.

fixed the title.

@Madden:

That’s a bad idea, the ball can bounce off the top of the wall and fall down.

yeah i guess so. i’ll whip up a fix when i have the time.

I think this is in a bad location, it should be moved or at least have the duration increased.

really? since the speedball gives you enough time to run into the enemy’s base. but i’ll see if there’s a better spot to place the rings.

as for the lighting, i’ll brighten up those dark corners in the fix.

• I’d probably not bother, it feels as though you’re updating it for the sake of just updating it.

Those pathways behind the goal won’t work by the way, you’re adding a level of protection to the goal point that the map simply doesn’t need.

• I’d argue they provide a level of extra teamwork, but the teamwork needed to pull it off would be near impossible to see unless a group of friends did it. Speed ball behind the goal, throw around to a guy hiding in or near the goal itself, and have him walk in while other players defend the guy who scores.

However, they would also make aiming things like melons and explosive barrels way too easy, since you could just wait up there behind the goal and be invincible to anyone who didn’t bring a weapon. This would also greatly increase the time between goals scored, so it could potentially be a server emptier.

• Chamber has needed updating for a while. It is old and bland. New players cannot tell the difference between the sides (despite having a giant Go arrow in the middle of the screen), as well as the current version features some ‘bugs’ which needed fixing. All of those were rectified in this updated version.

Changes include:

• New skybox and added trim textures.
    • Lights added to the sides and areas with ceilings.
    • Speedball rings moved on the sides to a more viable location, lasting 7 seconds each.
    • You can throw the ball over the walls now, setting up interesting ‘blind’ team passes.
    • Removed TuK’s reset trigger.
    • Removed extra ramp TuK added.
    • Removed back pathway TuK added.
    • Only gameplay changes from original chamber are speedball being added (which should prevent the bottlenecking on the sides) and the ability to throw it over the walls (which I’ve seen new players attempt many times).
    • Download link here.

Pictures:

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.