"RTP Resurrection" - Final Functionality Fix (General Questions)

• As beaten, and dead as this horse is…

I have some free time now that my personal life has settled on a more permanent schedule employment-wise.
    This will only comprise critical game-breaking bugs, as well as updating/correcting invalid or old data and resources.

6/25/2015:
    • [UPDATED] Mana-Obelisk Map Data Files

Contact me via email with comments/questions/concerns/etc.
    [email protected]

I will update this as necessary and provide a valid format if/once it gets noticed.

Thanks everyone.

• As beaten, and dead as this horse is…

I have some free time now that my personal life has settled on a more permanent schedule employment-wise.
    This will only comprise critical game-breaking bugs, as well as updating/correcting invalid or old data and resources.

6/25/2015:
    • [UPDATED] Mana-Obelisk Map Data Files

Contact me via email with comments/questions/concerns/etc.
    [email protected]

I will update this as necessary and provide a valid format if/once it gets noticed.

Thanks everyone.

• Administrators

Start with limiting spell loadout to 5-6 spells with cooldowns instead of mana and see how that goes. Small tweak I’ve been wanting to test for a while. (years)
    You can only change spells near your flag or upon spawning.

• Game Admins

he’s fixing bugs though, not adding features

• @DoctorDrew:

he’s fixing bugs though, not adding features

This.

@AtomiC:

Start with limiting spell loadout to 5-6 spells with cooldowns instead of mana and see how that goes. Small tweak I’ve been wanting to test for a while. (years)
    You can only change spells near your flag or upon spawning.

Feel free to test this once it’s fixed. The steam workshop upload will be updated.

• Game Admins

• Bring back our players

• Make it casual to get new players.

• Bring back DuDu

• Working from home today… so I’ll have some time to look at this.

Whatever I can’t fix I’m going to overwrite with the latest git hub.

@Samuel:

Bring back our players

*Miracles not included

• Administrators

@ZCOM:

Whatever I can’t fix I’m going to overwrite with the latest git hub.

Pretty sure darker one and co. added a lot of stuff so…
    and bugs aren’t the reason nobody plays.

• I would hope I can disect what I need out of it, but you are right its pretty different now.

• How long could this take? Just an approximation would be nice.

• I haven’t played the community version yet. Do I want to???

I’ve been itching to play this shit again for a while now, but I know it was pretty overwhelming to certain newcomers. Better not give the reboot a bad first impression.

The retention rate was bad for new players probably due to pro wizards with every spell bound to a key on their crazy gaming input hardware. The new guys couldn’t keep up. So yea, something like what Atomic suggested might work, but I don’t think it’s necessary to remove mana.

As for retention of old players, I can’t really speak for that. I stuck it through until the servers turned into ghost towns. I used to always hark on and on about ways to solve stalemates and people leaving the game early, but that’s no simple issue. There’s a million ways to go about solving it, and none of them are quick to implement.

• The first step to reviving RTP isn’t to update it.
    The first step to reviving RTP is to revive Gmod at all. I used to see close to half my online friends playing gmod or a game that could be recreated in gmod. Now I only see one or two at best.

Once there are people actually playing gmod for more then Dark ERP/RDM or rounds of TTT with randoms, then maybe RTP will have a playerbase again.

• @commandhat:

The first step to reviving RTP is to revive Gmod at all. It’s pretty dead.

Gmod is approaching a decade now, it’s only natural. Plus a “sequel” is in the works.

From a guy from the European side of the pond, it’s comparatively lively late night (America after school/work times).

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.