[Release] eft_neontempest_v1

• EFT Neon Tempest

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDOdV4XtYpNTUtkOHRwMEdFRzQ/view?usp=sharing

Notes
    -Rotating and Back-and-Forth Goal Hoops
    -Storming Atmosphere with Random Thunder/Lightning
    -Neon Tron-like Arena
    -Features 2 Speedball Powerups
    -Low-Lag for support of around 32+ players before noticeable frame dips

• EFT Neon Tempest

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDOdV4XtYpNTUtkOHRwMEdFRzQ/view?usp=sharing

Notes
    -Rotating and Back-and-Forth Goal Hoops
    -Storming Atmosphere with Random Thunder/Lightning
    -Neon Tron-like Arena
    -Features 2 Speedball Powerups
    -Low-Lag for support of around 32+ players before noticeable frame dips

• pretty cool map sir :)))))  8) 8) 8)

• I like this map its fun to play on. Only gripe for me is its dark around the ballspawn area. Unique and new.  :wacko:

• looks nice, reminds a tron-ish concept. i haven’t really played on it yet but i think it might need some extra lights to reduce the red and blue obesity. perhaps some wall lights:

• Game Admins

Partition the single colour brushes, and use a custom .RAD file to define the same colored light coming out of the material. If you use a better resolution lightmap (try 4) you’ll get some decent shadow effects and better lighting inside your key places.

It’s good enough to add in though, I’ll do so when I next have the chance.

• I’ll increase the lightmap scale in key-places to the value you recommended in a bit.
    Hopefully it won’t increase the file-size too much.

As for the lights.rad, these are the parameters i’m using in the pictures/downloadable version:

neon/red	255 0 0 200
    neon/blue	0 0 255 200
    neon/green	0 255 0 200
    neon/orange	255 128 0 200
    neon/yellow	255 255 0 200

tile_neon/tile_red	255 0 0 200
    tile_neon/tile_blue	0 0 255 200
    tile_neon/tile_green	0 255 0 200
    tile_neon/tile_orange	255 128 0 200
    tile_neon/tile_yellow	255 255 0 200

_

Update: Well I changed the lightmaps of a few surfaces like you said, and the the file-size spiked to 60 Megs unpacked; Nearly triple the original size.
    IMHO, The lighting difference was negligible for a compile time of around 18 and 1/2 minutes… I’ll wait it out for your response, but I really don’t wanna waste server space like Inco does for such a nit-picky thing… _

• Game Admins

Do you have any images to compare, usually You’d use a a brighter light and a smaller light-map only on the brushes you would expect shadows to form (i.e. just the floor).

The map compresses well (22.5MB to 5MB) so space isn’t an issue, but if it’s really negligible then don’t worry about it. The first version is in now.

• I’ll make an update soon with the new lightmaps since it compresses that well.
    I’m going to have to either tone down the rain or remove it completely since some kids’ intel atoms are getting crushed– darn [big surprise].
    Yea and it also seems like I was off by a unit or two with a playerclip– that of which was found instantly.

These are the most noticeable instances with the lightmaps, but there isnt a difference in spawn and some other areas.

• @Xeon897:

I’m going to have to either tone down the rain or remove it completely since some kids’ intel atoms are getting crushed– darn [big surprise].
    Yea and it also seems like I was off by a unit or two with a playerclip– that of which was found instantly.

Could have sworn I warned you about both things in testing.  8)

• Quiet you, It’s not my fault that kids are playing the game on computers they bought at a thrift shop :L

• Administrators

I thought it was common knowledge that trigger_precipitations were bad.

• Game Admins

Broken and buggy beyond belief.

• @Xeon897:

Quiet you, It’s not my fault that kids are playing the game on computers they bought at a thrift shop :L

I have a GTX 750, not a high end card by any means, but certainly way better than the integrated Intel/AMD laptop graphics most of the young players on EFT would be using, and I still only got 15-20 FPS. The rain is a cool effect, but runs beyond terrible on multiplayer maps in the Source Engine.

• Nice alliteration–
    Except gameplay is balanced as the map is symmetrical… and buggy, well, I suppose we can all agree to blame Garry.
    Still love ya’ for being the Jetboom’s gatekeeper, Benjy. ;)

Version 2:

No Rain no pain.
    Rain environmental effects are now wind effects.
    Ballspawn now glows white.
    New Lightmaps.
    Realigned player-clips.

Download BZ2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDOdV4XtYpNcDBTSkxVengwN1U/view?usp=sharing
    Download BSP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDOdV4XtYpNSDhqR1ZodVExOGs/view?usp=sharing

• Game Admins

I was speaking about func_precipitation being broken, it hasn’t been updated for the new versions of the source engine and has many ways of leaking resources. Obviously I think the map is good otherwise I wouldn’t have added it.

Don’t upload in .bz2 since I have to upload both compressed and uncompressed anyway and the compression I use seems to behave itself.

Read my messages in a neutral tone and you’ll realize that I’m not as angry or emotional as you believe me to be. My messages only carry the same personality as your imagination.

• Oh, yea sorry about that, It would be really nice if they did update the func_precipitations to be on a functional level (kinda ironic)

• from the first blood bowl, it was then I learned to never use func_precipitation… unless it’s snow, because snow is pretty ;)

• Game Admins

Changed it just now.

• Server crashes when v2 is voted on, doesn’t even load. Was it packed wrong or something? BTW, the server uses v3 of Sky Step as the default map when it’s restarted, it should be v4 now.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.