Here's a challenge for anybody who is good with Chemistry.

• I’ve been reading about GABA lately, and there seems to be a good amount of conflicting research about the Neurotransmitter itself, and a bunch of controversy about whether or not it’s capable of passing the blood-brain barrier, and why it’s a supplement. So here’s the challenge,

C4H9NO2 (GABA) + HCl (Gastric Acid) =

Obviously there’s more in the gastric soup than just this, KCL, NaCL, enzymes, etc.
    For now, let’s just focus on HCl and GABA

• I’ve been reading about GABA lately, and there seems to be a good amount of conflicting research about the Neurotransmitter itself, and a bunch of controversy about whether or not it’s capable of passing the blood-brain barrier, and why it’s a supplement. So here’s the challenge,

C4H9NO2 (GABA) + HCl (Gastric Acid) =

Obviously there’s more in the gastric soup than just this, KCL, NaCL, enzymes, etc.
    For now, let’s just focus on HCl and GABA

• welcome back!

• Thankyou, it’s good to be back.

• Send me all of your meth.

• Game Admins

Why are you trying to do this?

• Administrators

@Benjy:

Why does anyone do anything? Money, bitches and fame.

• @Benjy:

Well, I have a few reasons. Studies have linked several types of mental disease to GABA (as a neurotransmitter), including but not limited to Depression, ADD, PTSD, etc. I was thinking it would make an interesting study, if I can at least in theory find it to be bioavailable.

Everybody knows, studies get you @sephiroth2002:

……bitches

• Game Admins

It does have merit but chemistry isn’t my strongest science by far so can’t really be much use. At first I thought there was potential for hypochlorites to form but would have no idea how it ballances if there’s a reaction at all.

• Both are acids, but with at least 1 ph level apart, based on that, they should react.

• It depends on which ions C4H9NO2 produce and their ability to react with HCL ions. If they don’t create any solid connections then nothing will happen, you will only raise temperature for a while. But I doubt it.
    Shouldn’t you care about GABA reacting with salts more?

• Administrators

I take acid

• noxiousnet brain chemistry funding really went to shit

• Been going over this in my head, it’s making me feel pretty dumb. 1 C4H9NO2 + 1 HCl -> 1 C4H8NOCl + 1 H2O?

Kind of curious now. Anyone care to tell me why i’m dumb on this one?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.