Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Will Nox ever Return?

• there’s already a wizard antagonist in ss13, just code the spells and add them to the spells tab

• gooncode is fucking amazing

Situation: A hole is opened up in a room.
    TG Response: Gases (including oxygen) instantly vaporize. Rooms are refilled as a whole instead of per-tile when hole is sealed.
    Goon Response: Gases (including oxygen) move “conveyor-belt” style to the exit. It’s possible to breathe, with assistance, right next to the hole until room gases run out. Rooms are refilled per-tile so opening a canister doesn’t fix a room in 30 seconds flat.

Situation: Explosion.
    TG Response: Evaluate each tile of a room individually. Multi-tile entities are ignored completely.
    Goon Response: Draw an (invisible) circle over the bomb’s max radius. Damage is applied based on bomb strength + proximity to bomb. Can destroy a singulo or only damage floor tiles depending on bomb strength.

Situation: A beaker (or other chemical holding item such as a shower) was given an invalid entity (such as cheese) for its contents.
    TG Response: The beaker cannot be emptied. Any chemicals added are impossible to retrieve. Breaking the beaker generates a puddle with no sprite and no effect with the beaker contents inside the puddle.
    Goon Response: Copies of item inside are spawned and act as usual. Last I checked you could even make “singularity grenades” by throwing a beaker with its contents set to a singularity.

however getting all the nox shit running on gooncode could potentially be a very big pain in the ass. If we end up using gooncode then I can’t wait for this to happen!

• I also have like 20-30 different sprites for that Infection gamemode we never finished; I wonder if anyone has the leftovers from it

• there’s a test server up now being hosted by the actual jetboom, we’re making sure everything works correctly (which it does)

it’s much more complex than /tg/ and this is going to be a fresh start, anyone on this list (the admin list) is free to join. apparently the server is public atm so who cares

jetboom - Host
    jetboom2 - Host
    jimbob420 - Host
    doctordrew - Host

rover963 - Coder
    extreme56 - Coder
    dentonthegrill - Coder

klayboxx - Primary Administrator
    thedarkerone - Primary Administrator
    benjyc - Primary Administrator
    atomical - Primary Administrator

just a side note, we also have a separate admin list from the gmod servers and this, so don’t expect to be an admin just because you’re an admin on the gmod servers, or if you had admin from the previous NoX station

• Edit: Can’t see it on the public list. Is it down while nobody’s there to babysit it?
    also I still see the space administration forum though I doubt it matters

• The credentials are going to be given out through a WoT until it’s working to our liking or we abandon it.

• What is the selling point of NoX Station? Why would people want to play on it?

• We had none last time.  Still people came and played on it for whatever reason.

edit: a new age is upon us https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/49ncz6/everyone_owes_lummox_5_because_510_is_going_to/

• @WarRage:

edit: a new age is upon us https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/49ncz6/everyone_owes_lummox_5_because_510_is_going_to/

Wow. I might actually play ss13 again

• @WarRage:

We had none last time.  Still people came and played on it for whatever reason.

We were advertising ourselves as a “relaxed, almost carefree” station. And then we got a whole bunch of admins.

• nox station is meant to be old goonstation, pre-politically correct bs

basically when goonstation was good

• I’m okay with that as long as we tell people in the loading screen how we act and what you can and can’t do.
    Killing shitlords and manchildren is okay if you tell admins about it for example. It should all be set in stone, and not something you “figure out”.

And that we tone down the “unbannable” mumble regulars thing that we had going on. We have an internal nox group but they shouldn’t be put above everyone else. It all depends on the situation of course, but in general be more consistent.

@WarRage:

We had none last time.  Still people came and played on it for whatever reason.

Pretty cool. Process Scheduler is basically communicating to native C++ and back.
    I might actually code a bit.

• I was expecting a big framework in C++ only to find that DM is so slow that it’s faster to do certain time operations in an external library.

So how long until we have a repo up zetanor?

• @AtomiC:

It should all be set in stone, and not something you “figure out”.

The people who try to work around rules or who can’t lurk for a while before becoming more liberal or risky are the kind of people nobody wants around. Besides, admins are going to moderate according to their own private ruleset regardless of how well established any rule list is so it’s kind of moot.

• I’d prefer if the game was kept janitor-free as much as possible unless the other players are unable to contain whoever is messing around, my number one fun-stopper in SS13 servers were admins with arbritary bullshit rules that they come up on the fly

• when is someone going to code an rp game that moderates itself.

• @Thor:

when is someone going to code an rp game that moderates itself.

You mean like twelve year old town?

• SS13 is able to be self-moderated easily with all resources available to the players, it’s the server owners that don’t notice that and will ban someone for using a feature coded in the game because it’s “against the rules” instead of coding it out

• Okay let me just release the singularity or open up all the canisters in toxins because it is a feature. I should blame the code for letting me do it.

• unless the other players are unable to contain whoever is messing around

Users

Topics