Zombie Survival - The Sigil Update

• Administrators

Zombie Survival just received major, game changing updates! This update changes the way the game is played to be a little more like the ZS of olden days. The end goal of the update is to make it so both teams are kept on their toes at all times, rather than having the round be decided by a steamroll effect.

A full changelog will be posted later. This is a summary of the changes.
    The update is currently available to play on our server: 67.212.184.66:27015

[header]Sanity Sigils[/header]

Each round is different, even on the same map. The humans must now defend 3 Sanity Sigils. Each sigil is placed in a random spot chosen by a smart placement system. If a Sigil is destroyed, the zombies become stronger and new zombie classes will be unlocked (waves still unlock zombies but do so at a slower rate). If all sigils are destroyed, humans will have to survive against an army of Super Zombies. Will you spread out and defend all three or focus all your efforts on one or two?

All Sigil locations and health can be viewed by all humans via icons in the world and at the top of your screen. Sigils have a lot of health and regenerate quickly. Chipping its health down is not a viable tactic.

After the last wave is over, all sigils will be transformed in to mysterious escape doors. These doors take 10 seconds to open. Simply running through the door will allow you to escape, winning the round for yourself. You have 3 minutes to accomplish this.

Gone on are the days of long hallways, win spots, and giant maps with only one or two viable barricade spots. This system makes humans spread out and defend multiple areas. When the automatic profiling system is not enough, admins or mappers can manually place nodes themselves. Sigils can be programmed to NEVER spawn in certain areas! Additionally, when the update is made public, hand-made node profiles will automatically be downloaded from noxiousnet for your server.

[header]Point Saving[/header]

Whenever you acquire points as a human, those points are now saved and can be used in future rounds or maps. This has been a controversial custom feature discussed by players from all over. The feature has now been created for the official version and balanced to make both sides happy.

Weapons and tools from the arsenal crate are now separated in to tiers. Buying items from a certain tier is possible if the current wave is that tier or above. For example, in order to purchase something from tier 3, it must be wave 3 or above. This system was made to prevent humans having overpowered weapons early in the game.

Some items have stocks and can only be purchased a limited number of times per round. This includes deployables like turrets, very high tier weapons, explosives, and others.

(Zombie Escape and Objective maps do not use this system)

[header]Ammunition[/header]

Ammunition from Resupply Boxes is now much more abundant. You will receive more ammo and can use a resupply box every minute instead of every two minutes. Conversely, ammo is now much more expensive from the arsenal crate - useful in emergencies where you can spare a large number of points for some instant ammunition.

This brings back the “ammo regeneration” style from the old Zombie Survival.

[header]Balance Changes[/header]

All weapons, items, zombie classes, worth costs, point costs, mechanics, etc. have been rebalanced.
    Barricades have been made slightly weaker.
    A few new items like the Impact Mine Layer and Longarm have also been added. More items and classes (including the Burster, a modified version of the old Chem Zombie) are planned before the update is over.
    Generally speaking all zombies, including bosses, have been weakened and overpowered abilities have been changed.

[header]Update Schedule[/header]

The update will run on noxiousnet for about two months before I make the update available to the public.
    Right now we’re only playing with manually noded maps until the noding algorithm has been tightened. About 70 maps are available to play and 150 more are to be noded and playable within the week.

• Administrators

Zombie Survival just received major, game changing updates! This update changes the way the game is played to be a little more like the ZS of olden days. The end goal of the update is to make it so both teams are kept on their toes at all times, rather than having the round be decided by a steamroll effect.

A full changelog will be posted later. This is a summary of the changes.
    The update is currently available to play on our server: 67.212.184.66:27015

[header]Sanity Sigils[/header]

Each round is different, even on the same map. The humans must now defend 3 Sanity Sigils. Each sigil is placed in a random spot chosen by a smart placement system. If a Sigil is destroyed, the zombies become stronger and new zombie classes will be unlocked (waves still unlock zombies but do so at a slower rate). If all sigils are destroyed, humans will have to survive against an army of Super Zombies. Will you spread out and defend all three or focus all your efforts on one or two?

All Sigil locations and health can be viewed by all humans via icons in the world and at the top of your screen. Sigils have a lot of health and regenerate quickly. Chipping its health down is not a viable tactic.

After the last wave is over, all sigils will be transformed in to mysterious escape doors. These doors take 10 seconds to open. Simply running through the door will allow you to escape, winning the round for yourself. You have 3 minutes to accomplish this.

Gone on are the days of long hallways, win spots, and giant maps with only one or two viable barricade spots. This system makes humans spread out and defend multiple areas. When the automatic profiling system is not enough, admins or mappers can manually place nodes themselves. Sigils can be programmed to NEVER spawn in certain areas! Additionally, when the update is made public, hand-made node profiles will automatically be downloaded from noxiousnet for your server.

[header]Point Saving[/header]

Whenever you acquire points as a human, those points are now saved and can be used in future rounds or maps. This has been a controversial custom feature discussed by players from all over. The feature has now been created for the official version and balanced to make both sides happy.

Weapons and tools from the arsenal crate are now separated in to tiers. Buying items from a certain tier is possible if the current wave is that tier or above. For example, in order to purchase something from tier 3, it must be wave 3 or above. This system was made to prevent humans having overpowered weapons early in the game.

Some items have stocks and can only be purchased a limited number of times per round. This includes deployables like turrets, very high tier weapons, explosives, and others.

[header]Ammunition[/header]

Ammunition from Resupply Boxes is now much more abundant. You will receive more ammo and can use a resupply box every minute instead of every two minutes. Conversely, ammo is now much more expensive from the arsenal crate - useful in emergencies where you can spare a large number of points for some instant ammunition.

This brings back the “ammo regeneration” style from the old Zombie Survival.

[header]Balance Changes[/header]

All weapons, items, zombie classes, worth costs, point costs, mechanics, etc. have been rebalanced.
    Barricades have been made slightly weaker.
    A few new items like the Impact Mine Layer and Longarm have also been added. More items and classes (including the Burster, a modified version of the old Chem Zombie) are planned before the update is over.
    Generally speaking all zombies, including bosses, have been weakened and overpowered abilities have been changed.

[header]Update Schedule[/header]

The update will run on noxiousnet for about two months before I make the update available to the public.
    Right now we’re only playing with manually noded maps until the noding algorithm has been tightened. About 70 maps are available to play and 150 more are to be noded and playable within the week.

• epic, epic for the win.

• @JetBoom:

Objective maps do not use this system)

That basically means we’re going to have 2 different worth menus in the game and the players have to save seperate loadouts for each of them. Could you make it so that when you’re playing objective maps your sigil loadouts don’t show up in your favorites?

Also, you could organize the tiers into big categories.
    Ex:

Tier 3:

Sprayer
    Shredder
    Bulletstorm
    …ect

• @ua^s:

2 different worth menus in the game and the players have to save seperate loadouts for each of them.

except the worth values are the same across both gametypes.

the tiers are already in categories too?

• Administrators

They’re sorted if that’s what you mean. Having a tab for guns then 6 different subtabs would be stupid.

• The super zombie from zs is now the only spawning zombie on objective maps.

• Thanks for the seagull sigil update, JetBoom. :)

• Administrators

I am thinking about changing the fast zombie a bit. I want to make it so the leap only launches you about a foot off the ground but increase the force it launches forward or just replace the leap with something else entirely. One of the things about this class is that it completely invalidates any chance of survival if you aren’t in a room with an entrance about the height of a player. It would still be able to climb and headcrabs could still jump as normal. Additionally, the zapper deployable would be a good anti-headcrab thing.

Just something I was thinking of when going over zs_quarry_extended

• I can’t wait to try this out.

• Banned

Can you prevent zs_maxsigils from carrying over from other servers so things like this don’t happen?

• I think with the new tier system, it’s strongly apparent there’s way too many SMGs (5) at Tier 3. It would be somewhat ideal if there was nice spread of weapon ammo types used across all tiers, so I’d like to suggest moving 1 or 2 of these SMGs to places such as Tier 4 or even Tier 2 (respectively changing their point values, balanced etc). In reality the only two SMGs that get any significant use are the Reaper and the Silencer because of their characteristics; an increase SMG popularity would be welcome. Tier 3 is pretty balanced for the other ammo types though.

• (Zombie Escape and Objective maps do not use this system)

Can you make a trigger brush that has the same function as the escape door for Objective maps? Some of the current objective maps have utterly silly finales that usually break if not all humans are in a certain spot

• Administrators

@Nastyhouse:

Can you prevent zs_maxsigils from carrying over from other servers so things like this don’t happen?

What other servers even have the convar??

@Raox:

I’d like to suggest moving 1 or 2 of these SMGs to places such as Tier 4 or even Tier 2

I moved one down and one up a tier.

• @JetBoom:

They’re still appearing in the Tier 3 group

• Banned

@JetBoom:

What other servers even have the convar??

Box’s Joke zs server actually had a earlier version of sigils and he gave the code to me, I use it to see if maps are any good

• Zombies are too strong early game and too weak late game. What ends up happening is usually humans end up protecting all 3 Sigils in the first 2 or 3 waves, but once Wave 4 hits everyone barricades the 1 Sigil in the best cading spot. Everyone sees there’s no point in protecting the other 2 since they’re only important to prevent unlocking Poison Zombies early

• Banned

@Nastyhouse:

Box’s Joke zs server actually had a earlier version of sigils and he gave the code to me, I use it to see if maps are any good

Also you could type it in console

• Administrators

@Klondike:

Zombies are too strong early game and too weak late game. What ends up happening is usually humans end up protecting all 3 Sigils in the first 2 or 3 waves, but once Wave 4 hits everyone barricades the 1 Sigil in the best cading spot. Everyone sees there’s no point in protecting the other 2 since they’re only important to prevent unlocking Poison Zombies early

I’m wondering if pushing all wave unlocks even further or getting rid of wave unlocks all together would be appropriate.

• I’m wondering, if the tier system could apply to melee weapons, because I don’t think it’s fun for starter zombies to be whacked to death repeatedly with sledgehammers so early into the game.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.