List previously unplayable maps

• Administrators

The sigil update is coming up soon. I’d reckon before the end of the month. List some maps which were unplayable due to long hallways or overpowered barricading spots. Since sigils can be placed manually, those type of maps can be revisited with those areas never containing a sigil.

State why (you think) the map was removed. Make sure you be specific.

• Administrators

The sigil update is coming up soon. I’d reckon before the end of the month. List some maps which were unplayable due to long hallways or overpowered barricading spots. Since sigils can be placed manually, those type of maps can be revisited with those areas never containing a sigil.

State why (you think) the map was removed. Make sure you be specific.

• Lot of this quoted/taken from the mediocre maps thread

zs_jail_v1 - had the huge hallway crossroads
    zs_insurance - seems to have a very long 1 way hallway in the basement
    zm_darkhouse_ocxv3 - very long underground hallway
    de_nightquarters_v1 - easy to camp 1 way vent
    zs_hazard_v2 - could be added provided the new zombie spawning mechanics were present (removed because it was very easy to build a spawn camping barricade)

• zm_arctic_bunker_v1a - Removed because of invincible doors
    zm_mini_petrols_v6 - Either it was the too many vending machine props, or this cading spot
    zm_legends_v2_b - Players were able to get above the map.
    zm_basin_css - back when dynamic spawning was on zombie players, fast zombies would cause a lot of grief, with spawns out of the playable area
    zs_nysc_b4a - Overpowered barricading spot
    zs_mojave_b1 - Overpowered barricading spot
    zs_school_v2 - Hallways
    zm_krusty_krab_a3 - Overpowered cading spots
    zm_Toxa_West_v2 - Overpowered cading spots
    zs_vault_106_v8 - Hallways
    zm_FireWaLL_aftershock_v1b - Overpowered cading spot, underground
    zs_residentevil_v2 - Hallways
    zs_bms_offices - A single cade at the zombie spawn entrance could win the map
    cs_besenyei - Too many chair props.
    zs_darkvilla - Overpowered cading spot, top floor.
    zs_trainstation - Overpowered cading spot.
    de_nightquarters_v1 - Overpowered cading spot, vents.
    zs_deadmount_reborn_v1 - Overpowered cading spot, entrance.

• Game Admins

To jog people’s memories: http://noxiousnet.com/gmodmaplist/

Any map with “–” beforehand is disabled.

• Administrators

Not a complete list either. A lot of times I just straight up removed them from the list instead of disabling them.

Also don’t suggest maps that are just bad. mojave for example is just a bad map. It has a grand total of one viable spot. Every other spot might as well just be in the open. Basin was borderline. The only good spot in current terms would be that shed with the vent entrance. I added nodes to it and will add it back but it’s likely going to be an extremely hard map.
    A good suggestion was aftershock. I bet most people didn’t even know there are two huge apartment complexes (and quite a viable spot, top floor in the one near the zombie spawn even in current terms).

It’s likely that every single map in existence will benefit from manually placed nodes. Mappers should node them themselves before compile (info_sigilnode). Some maps will be horribly difficult without manual noding. noxiousnet acts as a node database as well. Our manually placed nodes will be downloaded by your server in the future. The noding algorithm will be worked on as well so we eventually don’t need manual nodes.

• Banned

de/zs_livehouse - Hallway/Op cading spot
    cs_deadhouse- Idk if this was on nox zs, I think it was but if it wasn’t this could be a good map
    zs_Alexg_motel- Hallways I think not sure
    zs_termites- attic
    zm_darkhouse_ocxv3 - Had that one long hallway upstairs everyone flocked to

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.