School in Session, but barely anyone on Gmod: ZS?

• Sometimes, I dream about cheese…

One of the worst days of the years is when school is in session. Although I respect people who goes to school and work that they don’t have time to play silly games, however; it be nice if we could have some people to join ZS in Gmod.

In my opinion, only mine, there should be some maps that are nicely made for several (as a small portion) people on ZS rather than maps (mostly) requires more than 20 people. For example, zs_mall can be anywhere from 1-77. Let’s take in “Objective” maps. Even though it requires more than 20+ people, there should be a map where if they are less than that amount, we could actually play it. It’s an “option,” not an official. Just testing for the results if it could actually work.

It does get boring when people aren’t online, but with all due respect, IT BE NICE IF PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY ON. Not saying you should “ALWAY” have to be on, but here and there it would be nice. I don’t expect a lot from people when it comes to serves like ZS/Deathrun/SSB. What I do expect is some fun. I know people will hate this post, but it will be hard to get people to understand that I, as “part” of the NX community, would like to see some improvements towards ZS and other games as well.

Putting time and thoughts into this is a lot of work, but hey! In the end, it’s worth, only for me for the most part.

“Fear for the worst, but improve to become better”

• Sometimes, I dream about cheese…

One of the worst days of the years is when school is in session. Although I respect people who goes to school and work that they don’t have time to play silly games, however; it be nice if we could have some people to join ZS in Gmod.

In my opinion, only mine, there should be some maps that are nicely made for several (as a small portion) people on ZS rather than maps (mostly) requires more than 20 people. For example, zs_mall can be anywhere from 1-77. Let’s take in “Objective” maps. Even though it requires more than 20+ people, there should be a map where if they are less than that amount, we could actually play it. It’s an “option,” not an official. Just testing for the results if it could actually work.

It does get boring when people aren’t online, but with all due respect, IT BE NICE IF PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY ON. Not saying you should “ALWAY” have to be on, but here and there it would be nice. I don’t expect a lot from people when it comes to serves like ZS/Deathrun/SSB. What I do expect is some fun. I know people will hate this post, but it will be hard to get people to understand that I, as “part” of the NX community, would like to see some improvements towards ZS and other games as well.

Putting time and thoughts into this is a lot of work, but hey! In the end, it’s worth, only for me for the most part.

• It would seem you need to take a break

• @gvue003:

“Fight to Improve, Lose to Regret”

• gvue

???

• I think it was a bit worse than it currently is around a year ago for player counts around this time of year, definitely a bit better now. It’ll pick up again in summer quite dramatically.

• Get a popular YouTuber to promote Nox ZS like they did EFT.

Done.

• maybe if it was fun people would play it lol

• Server competition plays a huge part in NN’s server population. Before ZS was released to the public, there were two servers. sv_region being deprecated by the master server list also took a toll on player population. We probably won’t have any more Pufulets, as anyone in Europe or Asia won’t see NN on their server list.

There are currently 252 players on Zombie Survival servers, none of whom are on NN.

• Appearing on a small fraction of the population’s server list doesn’t help. It’s been that way for about 2+ years now and valve/team garry refuse to fix it. My server host doesn’t have any datacenters in NYC (where you can avoid this bug) so that’s that.

• Just shoot up all the schools and you won’t have people going there anymore problem solved.

• Klondike - You know I will play Gmod ZS under any circumstances. I love ZS :)

Stelker - … STOP IT!

Raox - I agree. ZS has been slowly moving this year and last year from what I’ve seen. It’s kind of bad because it shows that ZS isn’t interesting mode. But I also agree that more people will join during the summer time because that’s when people are on break :)

crazyf5k - That will work too, but the tools I need for laptop will not work properly and my own PC that I built got fried due to the overheat. I can start YT, but I need the current tools and parts for it. I don’t like saying “School/Work” as an excuses  of not playing, but I need to pay the bills… :(

ritzbitz - I don’t see anyone on, and that won’t prove anything

JetBoom - I agree on that. Since then, Gmod hasn’t got any good updates, especially towards its game modes. I think if they " the makers of Gmod"  were to improve Gmod a bit more, then maybe Gmod itself won’t have such a low population. I wouldn’t blame them for not having the best mode out there in the Gmod server, but I would say that people don’t have the time to play. I do, of course, and would like to see more people on.

• The Dark One - Uhh… That’s bad? I mean, if school was out for the rest of the year due to something big, then yeah. But shooting then no lol

• ritzbitz - You do realize I play only NX server, right? If I were to build, then something different other than NX I wouldn’t play. I’m here for the ZS, Deathrun, and SSB. I don’t care if they’re private server, I know what JetBoom is doing with his gamemodes and his servers. And I like it :D:D

• @gvue003:

JetBoom - I agree on that. Since then, Gmod hasn’t got any good updates, especially towards its game modes. I think if they " the makers of Gmod"  were to improve Gmod a bit more, then maybe Gmod itself won’t have such a low population.

No, the server list is bugged. You only receive a fraction of the servers depending on where you live and some servers aren’t affected, appearing on everyone’s list no matter what. We aren’t one of those servers.

• The long stretches of 0 players help to keep the active periods at an appropriate level, if we had a stable population then the active periods would have too many players to be fun. It’s fine how it is.

• Almost everyone is on Hell Gamers, I don’t know why…… Maybe it’s because there are more players on it creating a feedback loop.

• I just told you why.

• JetBoom - Hm… Maybe so. Since I live in the Central Time (US), I don’t see many people. I seen a lot of people in Hg though, which HG server is ok… I would agree on you that sometimes the list is bugged too.

Skan - I don’t know, man… Such a low population for NX Gmod ZS though… :(

Black Napalm - What JetBoom said is that it depends where you live is where you can access servers. NX is not one of them.

• Would the extra income from donations make switching to an NYC host be worth it?

• no and what extra donations?

I’ve started working on a replacement server browser that uses the legacy protocol. If it goes well then it should display all servers. The steam server browser you get when not in gmod still won’t work properly but the one in-game should return every server.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.