[RELEASE] eft_omaha_a1

• On the beaches of Normandy, tens of thousands of men clashed against one another in the largest invasion by sea in written history. Some say it was a classic conflict of good vs. evil; others called it a trip through hell. But a wise few remember another battle that took place on that forsaken shore. It too had blood, sweat, and tears spilt onto the sand, but it was fought for a much higher purpose. Not for nations, not for ideologies, not even for resources.

No. It was for the love of the game.

Strap on your cleats and embark onto the shores of Omaha.

eft_omaha_a1

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9iiemthj257c2cb/eft_omaha_a1.bsp

Thanks to:
    Dissident, Sailedf, Xeon897, Limesta, WorstNightmare, Madden, Benjy, Pufulet, TheDarkerOne, Mr. Darkness, Box, and anyone I regrettably forgot to mention for mapping advice, testing, and suggestions.

Also WWI Source, Kmod, World of Tanks for the custom content.

Notable Features:

• Run across the sands as you avoid randomly spawning bombardments and projectiles from above

• Fire upon the battlefield from the gun bunkers with an assortment of projectile weapons

• Charge across the barbed wire and make your way up to the goal bunkers to score

• Plus a hidden surprise

Screenshots:

• On the beaches of Normandy, tens of thousands of men clashed against one another in the largest invasion by sea in written history. Some say it was a classic conflict of good vs. evil; others called it a trip through hell. But a wise few remember another battle that took place on that forsaken shore. It too had blood, sweat, and tears spilt onto the sand, but it was fought for a much higher purpose. Not for nations, not for ideologies, not even for resources.

No. It was for the love of the game.

Strap on your cleats and embark onto the shores of Omaha.

eft_omaha_a1

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9iiemthj257c2cb/eft_omaha_a1.bsp

Thanks to:
    Dissident, Sailedf, Xeon897, Limesta, WorstNightmare, Madden, Benjy, Pufulet, TheDarkerOne, Mr. Darkness, Box, and anyone I regrettably forgot to mention for mapping advice, testing, and suggestions.

Also WWI Source, Kmod, World of Tanks for the custom content.

Notable Features:

• Run across the sands as you avoid randomly spawning bombardments and projectiles from above

• Fire upon the battlefield from the gun bunkers with an assortment of projectile weapons

• Charge across the barbed wire and make your way up to the goal bunkers to score

• Plus a hidden surprise

Screenshots:

• Dude, right off the bat the map concept is fucking amazing. Not much could be said about that.

Thought the tank seems a bit large in the skybox, might decrease it a bit, It looks gigantic compared to the trees when looking at the pic.

• Few Recommendations:

I agree with Jacky-- That tank is a bit off scale-- I’d shrink it to about half or more and then see

Feel free to add some rocks and burning debris as it will make the setting less repetitive and ambiguous/vague.

You’ve got a bit of a funky fog color going on-- I’d fix it up a little make it more of a gray than a blue.

Also, I would recommend a func_precipitation to add rain, as it did indeed rain on D-day._

Lastly, if its not that taxing– add a bit more water in your 3d skybox. Fixing the fog will make it seem more vast.

–Nice work though, reminds me of the old bloodbowl :D

Edit: In retrospect, your skybox is shit._

• @Xeon897:

Few Recommendations:

Edit: In retrospect, your skybox is shit.

I wouldn’t exactly say that, theres just some misconceptions with the sizes of the objects in the skybox, otherwise if you’re looking for apperance tweaks, do something like on BrokenBoneBridge, add in some action for the skybox, lets say the battleships firing upon the arena

Maybe temp headcrab canisters? Not too consistant, that’ll just be obnoxious.

• AFAIK, func_precipitation is really taxing on people’s low end hardware (IE, laptops), so the performance boost from not having it outweighs it being there, unfortunately.

• Don’t use func_precipitation for this map, there’s too many other features precipitation brushes don’t synergise with.

@Jacky:

Maybe temp headcrab canisters? Not too consistant, that’ll just be obnoxious.

Laughable.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.