Zombie Survival - Dedicated Server Errors

• Hello there folks.

Currently i’m having a few issues with running ZS on the server, it is giving me issues related to the maps, as well as the server bounding to a different port.

Errors:

CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/zs_pathogen.bsp’
    map load failed: zs_pathogen not found or invalid

WARNING: Port 27005 was unavailable - bound to port 27016 instead

Additional:

Unless I have just severely screwed up the installation here. I’ve included the downloaded maps to the garrysmod>maps folder, and deleting any with .bsp at the end.

The selected startup map is listed as: zs_pathogen

• Hello there folks.

Currently i’m having a few issues with running ZS on the server, it is giving me issues related to the maps, as well as the server bounding to a different port.

Errors:

WARNING: Port 27005 was unavailable - bound to port 27016 instead

Additional:

Unless I have just severely screwed up the installation here. I’ve included the downloaded maps to the garrysmod>maps folder, and deleting any with .bsp at the end.

The selected startup map is listed as: zs_pathogen

• maps have to end with .bsp
    You type them in without it though.

It says that port is unavailable because another program is using it (probably another gmod/source engine server).

• @JetBoom:

maps have to end with .bsp
    You type them in without it though.

It says that port is unavailable because another program is using it (probably another gmod/source engine server).

Alright I’ve ensured that that is the case - however this is still giving me the same error, unfortunately.

Going to mess around with it

• Alright tried using the console command

Map zs_abandoned_mall_v6b

In an attempt to run it via console, its still giving me the:

CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/zs_abandoned_mall.bsp’
    map load failed: zs_abandoned_mall not found or invalid

• Is this a dedicated server? Try putting
    +map zs_abandoned_mall_v6b
    after the command line.

map is usually used for when it just starts up. changelevel is for when it is already running.

• @JetBoom:

Is this a dedicated server? Try putting
    +map zs_abandoned_mall_v6b
    after the command line.

map is usually used for when it just starts up. changelevel is for when it is already running.

Yes this is a dedicated server.

Currently it looks like:

-console -condebug -game garrysmod -nohltv -maxplayers 40 +ip 666.66.666.66 -port 27045 +map zs_abandoned_mall_v6b +gamemode zombiesurvival

• Is that ip really being put in or is that to censor?

This is what mine looks like:
    srcds.exe -secure -nohltv -port 27015 -console -game garrysmod -tickrate 33 -disableluarefresh +ip 67.212.184.66 +gamemode zombiesurvival +map zs_somemap

I see some things wrong with yours:

• arguments must be made after - arguments.
      +gamemode needs to be before +map
      +map needs to be last

• @JetBoom:

Is that ip really being put in or is that to censor?

This is what mine looks like:
    srcds.exe -secure -nohltv -port 27015 -console -game garrysmod -tickrate 33 -disableluarefresh +ip 67.212.184.66 +gamemode zombiesurvival +map zs_somemap

I see some things wrong with yours:

• arguments must be made after - arguments.
      +gamemode needs to be before +map
      +map needs to be last

It’s not the real ip ofcourse, just censoring momentarily, alright that actually makes sense, I’ve already put a contact in for them to respond to regarding the commandline not being changed but only has basic interaction. Hopefully I get a response from them

• Can I have the IP via pm, I’d like to check out your zs server  :laugh:

• I suppose it is possible that whatever program you are using for the server is in a directory different from where you are putting the maps. For the maps problem, at least. Like, your SRCDS, if that is what you are using, is in a lonely folder while the rest of the set up server is in another place completely.

And like Jetboom said, the port you tried using is a client’s default port when connecting. Use 27015 instead (it looks like you already are, though)

I have had a lot of problems with SRCDS because of funky directories and ports, but this is a new one to me.

• Got most of those issues fixed thanks to JetBoom during lastnight, got quite a few other things setup.

However, i’m lost on one thing if anyone can spot how to get this to change. What is happening is that inside the game anyone that is registered on this list has their text turned red as well as the designated tag colour change.

Code;

–Chat Tags by Tyguy
    CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_r”, 255, true, false)
    CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_g”, 0, true, false)
    CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_b”, 0, true, false)
    CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_a”, 255, true, false)

local Tags =
    {
    –Group    --Tag    --Color
    {“member”, "[MEMBER] ", Color(0, 217, 0, 0) },
    {“admin”, "[ADMIN] ", Color(0, 70, 150, 0) },
    {“maintainer”, "[CODER] ", Color(86, 0, 156, 0) },
    {“superadmin”, "[SUPERADMIN] ", Color(158, 148, 0, 0) },
    {“owner”, "[OWNER] ", Color(156, 9, 9, 0) }
    }

hook.Add(“OnPlayerChat”, “Tags”, function(ply, strText, bTeamOnly)
    if IsValid(ply) and ply:IsPlayer() then
    for k,v in pairs(Tags) do
    if ply:IsUserGroup(v[1]) then
    local R = GetConVarNumber(“chat_tags_color_r”)
    local G = GetConVarNumber(“chat_tags_color_g”)
    local B = GetConVarNumber(“chat_tags_color_b”)
    local A = GetConVarNumber(“chat_tags_color_a”)
    local nickteam = team.GetColor(ply:Team())
    if !bTeamOnly then
    chat.AddText(v[3], v[2], nickteam, ply:Nick(), color_white, ": ", Color(R, G, B, A), strText)
    return true
    else
    chat.AddText(v[3], v[2], nickteam, "(TEAM) ", ply:Nick(), color_white, ": ", Color(R, G, B, A), strText)
    return true
    end
    end
    end
    end
    if !IsValid(ply) and !ply:IsPlayer() then
    local ConsoleColor = Color(0, 255, 0) –Change this to change Console name color
    chat.AddText(ConsoleColor, “Console”, color_white, ": ", strText)
    return true
    end
    end )

Anyone see what is forcing the text colour to be forced to red instead of defaulted white?

I had a look at the person who made this tag addon unfortunately the thread is just necro posts with no responses.

• CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_r”, 255, true, false)
    CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_g”, 0, true, false)
    CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_b”, 0, true, false)
    CreateClientConVar(“chat_tags_color_a”, 255, true, false)

• @Novus:

I had this issue additionally, and I’m glad you figured it out, but wish you’d posted what JetBoom told you to do as a fix.

My own fix for this issue was along with downloading the github files and posting them under gamemodes, AND I also took (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod, not my server’s) the individual maps, materials, models and sounds in \garrysmod\download and posted them to my server’s \garrysmod\download. Finally, I added instead of a “mapcycle_zombiesurvival.txt in base garrysmod folder” as github says, a mapcycle.txt in my server’s \garrysmod\cfg folder.

This seems to allow my server to function properly, while previously the \gamemodes files were either not working, or the lack of map .bsp files, which aren’t a part of the git-hub’s release weren’t being added despite also adding the command in my .bat +host_workshop_collection X -authkey X with a collection containing the workshop’s official zombie survival mod, which I believe does have the .bsp map files.

Currently I’m having a possibly unrelated problem where my gmod server is using a newer version of gmod, so i can’t connect, and test it… but im not getting the error as before, and the server is running fine.

edit: seems to be a gmod newer version, not zombie survival

Were your changes similar? The whole reason I’m doing this is just to learn how to cade, and people say I shouldn’t do it on the server, but on my own. I don’t even really want to host a zs server ^^;

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.