[EFT] Count Last Second Goals

• If someone throws the ball at the goal with only a few seconds left on the clock, the victory/tie message will pop up before the ball goes through/into the goal. I would like to see these last second goals factored into the final score. The teams that score these last second goals usually feel like they’ve won, and I think it is time for the game to match what most people are thinking.

Once the timer reaches zero, how about adding a five second delay until the final score is decided? The victory/tie message can be displayed after the delay. I think five seconds will give plenty of time for these goals to be counted.

• If someone throws the ball at the goal with only a few seconds left on the clock, the victory/tie message will pop up before the ball goes through/into the goal. I would like to see these last second goals factored into the final score. The teams that score these last second goals usually feel like they’ve won, and I think it is time for the game to match what most people are thinking.

Once the timer reaches zero, how about adding a five second delay until the final score is decided? The victory/tie message can be displayed after the delay. I think five seconds will give plenty of time for these goals to be counted.

• How would that be any different than just having each game be 20:05 long? Unless of course, this only triggers if the ball was thrown by somebody prior to the game ending.

• It would be different than a 20:05 long game; you would still have the issue I described with any game length. There are two major things that happen right when the timer hits zero:

1. Play stops and everyone is frozen in place.
    2. The final score is tallied and the victory/tie screen is immediately displayed.

Basically, I want there to be five seconds between these two events. I want the final score to be tallied five seconds after the timer reaches zero. In those five seconds, everyone is frozen in place; however, the ball could still be traveling towards the goal. Does that make sense?

• Sounds pretty good. Doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does, it’s really cool. I’d love to see these start counting in the games.

• The problem with that is the score is counted after the round resets so the gamemode would have to be re-coded so that the score changes immediately when the ball hits the trigger…

It probably is possible but things might get broken.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.