[FIX] eft_hexa

• I couldn’t find the original post/thread of Hexa’s release. Anyway, I’ve fixed various issues with the original Hexa, with hope of it being added back to the server. Download link here. (please re-download and overwrite the other copy if you had downloaded that earlier)

*Made the map smaller by bringing in the rings and removing everything past the ice blocks.

*Removed the floating cube thing and added two speed ball rings (6 secs) on the sides of the ball spawn.

*Lowered the ring/goals some. Also made the trigger wider to fit more space inside the ring.

*Fixed all the jump pads, so now they should always work.

*Added a jump pad in front of the ring, similar to Slam Dunk in a way.

• I couldn’t find the original post/thread of Hexa’s release. Anyway, I’ve fixed various issues with the original Hexa, with hope of it being added back to the server. Download link here. (please re-download and overwrite the other copy if you had downloaded that earlier)

*Made the map smaller by bringing in the rings and removing everything past the ice blocks.

*Removed the floating cube thing and added two speed ball rings (6 secs) on the sides of the ball spawn.

*Lowered the ring/goals some. Also made the trigger wider to fit more space inside the ring.

*Fixed all the jump pads, so now they should always work.

• Yay, hopefully this gets added. I loved Hexa.

• I’d suggest to either make the goals run in or make the ring easier to score on. Move it closer and allow it so you can score if you throw it into the whole ring, not just the tiny center one.

It’s still going to be impossible to score on this map unless you fix that and add some more pads to go to.

• @Madden:

I’d suggest to either make the goals run in or make the ring easier to score on. Move it closer and allow it so you can score if you throw it into the whole ring, not just the tiny center one.

It’s still going to be impossible to score on this map unless you fix that and add some more pads to go to.

^ This; I feel as though this map could just use a whole lot more polish in general.

Also, might I recommend adding jump-pads into the goal so that you can score that way in addition to throwing?

• @Xeon897:

^ This; I feel as though this map could just use a whole lot more polish in general.

Also, might I recommend adding jump-pads into the goal so that you can score that way in addition to throwing?

I think that’s a good idea, actually. I’ll add this.

@Madden, the speed ball will be used way more frequently now, as it takes you just outside the range of scoring. I don’t think this version will impossible to score on like the last version, honestly. lerp even said he liked the changes.

EDIT: New BSP uploaded with jump pads in front of the goals, among other small fixes and edits. Map name remains eft_hexa_v2 however.

• At least make it so you can score by throwing it within the entire ring area, not just the tiny center one.

• @Madden:

At least make it so you can score by throwing it within the entire ring area, not just the tiny center one.

I increased the size of the goal trigger to fit more space inside the ring, as said above. Doesn’t fit 100% of the ring but is close enough to not matter, I’d say.

• Game Admins

@dissident93:

Means that you shouldn’t have done:

@dissident93:

But I’ve added it anyway, you might want to look into making it throw only for the next version and making the trigger brush the same size as the ring, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t.

• @Benjy:

But I’ve added it anyway, you might want to look into making it throw only for the next version and making the trigger brush the same size as the ring, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t.

Will do. The worst part of mapping is getting feedback by seeing how the map is actually played by people on the server, and making adjustments from that.

• eft_hexa_v3

*Added a run-in touchdown platform behind the ring, and removed the jump pad that went directly into the ring.

*Added basic lighting and starry skybox. (map was previously full-bright with solid black textured borders)

*Triggers now fully occupy the space inside the hexa-ring.

*Re-added the floating cubes, just for fun. (they don’t carry a speed ball trigger anymore, however)

Download link here.

• Updated Hexa again. (download here) Updated/fixed things include:

• Nerfed the way overpowered ability to gain mega speed by bunny hopping with the speedball (unavoidable ball reset triggers on the jump pads leading to the speed ring now prevent ball carriers trying to bunny hop)

• Connected the ball spawn brush with the rest of the map

• Rextextured, now sporting a futuristic hologram theme

• Removed the ugly square brush parented to the ball, but kept the sprite trails

• Special thanks to Madden, who helped with the honeycomb pattern on the brushes

• nooooooooooo

• Game Admins

Looking good, I’ll test the gameplay along with castle_warefare_v2 and have this in by the end of the UK evening.

• Game Admins

I chose the time to upgrade to Win10 instead. Nonetheless it’s added now.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.