[RELEASE] eft_baseballdash_b1

• Long time no see guys! After a long break from EFT, I decided to start working on map to quench the thirst of the ever-so-lovely EFT server <3.

Enough back-story about me–

eft_baseballdash_b1 is (as inferred) a map with a baseball theme.

-Teams spawn in their corresponding dugouts.

-Ball spawns at home-base hitting a trigger sending it to centerfield

-Blue must score in Red’s goal and vice-versa.

-2nd and 4th bases are a short (3.5 second) speedball.

Pictures:

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cx7fy82qgbfvige/AACwifi_pbX_hVoPWIFrtTtba?dl=0

Feel free to make it a BZ2 if you feel the need :)

Lastly, I received lots of help from dissident and he deserves a lot of credit too despite him saying otherwise  :laugh:

• Long time no see guys! After a long break from EFT, I decided to start working on map to quench the thirst of the ever-so-lovely EFT server <3.

Enough back-story about me–

eft_baseballdash_b1 is (as inferred) a map with a baseball theme.

-Teams spawn in their corresponding dugouts.

-Ball spawns at home-base hitting a trigger sending it to centerfield

-Blue must score in Red’s goal and vice-versa.

-2nd and 4th bases are a short (3.5 second) speedball.

Pictures:

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cx7fy82qgbfvige/AACwifi_pbX_hVoPWIFrtTtba?dl=0

Feel free to make it a BZ2 if you feel the need :)

Lastly, I received lots of help from dissident and he deserves a lot of credit too despite him saying otherwise  :laugh:

• No

• No

• Game Admins

honestly doesn’t look that bad to me, probably better than half of the current maps like miniputt

• depending on how large the map actually is, it might be good for eft. As long as there isn’t any issues with the hoop.

Eft maps need more simplicity with their concept, makes for faster gameplay and less issues.

• The map looks so small, which will make for super fast rounds.  It’ll be an awesome clusterfuck with a high server population though.

• The music is pretty annoying.

People can also just hide with the ball under these stairs.

• Hope its not some dumb loop of a baseball chant.

• @Madden:

The music is pretty annoying.

People can also just hide with the ball under these stairs.

@Jacky:

Hope its not some dumb loop of a baseball chant.

If its such a concern i’ll try and find different music its really hard finding baseball music which feels fitting; and no, its not a stupid chant its actually this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6__Xr3ouAI

Also, I might just remove that section under the ramps buy increasing the brushes.

• @Xeon897:

If its such a concern i’ll try and find different music its really hard finding baseball music which feels fitting; and no, its not a stupid chant its actually this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6__Xr3ouAI

Now that I hear it, doesn’t sound so bad, its quite catchy. Maybe implement a function where the song changes to another due to the games score, Like other maps have. The second third of the song sounds quite similar to the first half though, but a bit more muffled. Same with the last third, yet not energetic enough.

• @Jacky:

Now that I hear it, doesn’t sound so bad, its quite catchy. Maybe implement a function where the song changes to another due to the games score, Like other maps have. The second third of the song sounds quite similar to the first half though, but a bit more muffled. Same with the last third, yet not energetic enough.

I try my best, I honestly don’t think that the music is too distracting as it is quite repetitive. Also, I do have a sound effect that plays when either team scores https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtyhila65y4m2rt/eft_baseballdash_score.mp3?dl=0

Quick Update:
    [Updated Original Download Links]

Changed ramps to a simple step and updated to a higher-rez skybox

• Game Admins

Added this now.

• Thanks Benjy, It was really nice for dissident and I to see everyone’s first reactions and we came up with a few things to change (and fix).  :happy:

Changes Include:

-Making platforms bigger

-Fixing home-base’s speedball trigger

-Increasing speedball’s duration from 3.5 to 5.

-Switching teams on the scoreboard to align with their correct corresponding sides

-Forced big pole to spawn in each team’s dugout [already forced at home]

-General optimization fixes

New Downloads: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51fxpp70yu5qmnz/AADm5z2w0OEv-NNJzN6D6-C-a?dl=0
    Take your time with uploading these, I know you’d rather be playing Dota instead  :P

• not to be a bother but new version <bump>

• Game Admins

I’ll have a look later today or earlier tomorrow(GMT).

• Game Admins

Yes.

• These updates/fixes really should have been apart of the last update, apologies for that. :(

Changes include:

*Making the crowd apart of the 3D skybox, which should help performance some.

*Making the “stepping” platforms walkable again. The previous update made them wider, but also unnecessarily taller.

*Redoing how the team logo and name are shown in the dugouts.

eft_baseballdash_b3 download link here. (b2 had a skybox texture pakrat error, so don’t use that)

• Game Admins

Added this in now.

• Ok so, b3 had crashing issues on the server that I wasn’t able to replicate locally until just recently. After testing this new version with Xeon for two days, I believe I’ve finally fixed it. But just to be 100% safe, could you (Benjy) just make it available on the league server so me and a few others can test under NoX servers? Should be fine though, just want to be cautious.

Things added/fixed include:

*Re-did the crowd, skybox, dugouts, and the bleachers.

*Added a monitor (just for aesthetic value)

*Made rings spin slightly slower (from 200 degrees per second to 175)

eft_baseballdash_v1 download here.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.