Using different types of animations for zombie classes

• Hi there I have a a problem that has been bugging me for quite some time I would like to know how to use other animations that some models that I wanna use have for example “run_1” / “run_all”. If I replace the animation code that was this originally “ACT_WALK” and rename it to the sequence like on the examples above like this “ACT_RUN_1” It will not work. Im not very expierienced with lua so If this seems very dumb well sorry but much help is needed.

• Hi there I have a a problem that has been bugging me for quite some time I would like to know how to use other animations that some models that I wanna use have for example “run_1” / “run_all”. If I replace the animation code that was this originally “ACT_WALK” and rename it to the sequence like on the examples above like this “ACT_RUN_1” It will not work. Im not very expierienced with lua so If this seems very dumb well sorry but much help is needed.

• ACT_WALK is an activity. “run_all” is a sequence. Activities are basically wrappers for translating enums (activities) in to sequences.

• @JetBoom:

ACT_WALK is an activity. “run_all” is a sequence. Activities are basically wrappers for translating enums (activities) in to sequences.

I have somewhat good knowledge of lua how would I go about using that sequence for the class?

• In the class CalcMainSequence function. You assign pl.CalcSeqOverride = to the number of the sequence on the model you want. You get the number by doing pl:LookupSequence(“run_all”) for example.

for example:
    pl.CalcSeqOverride = pl:LookupSequence(“run_all”)
    return true

pl.CalcIdeal points to an ACT_ enum. CalcSeqOverride takes priority over CalcIdeal if you define CalcSeqOverride.

• Thank you very much for the help JetBoom this expands my class creativity because I now know how to run sequences thank you

• @JetBoom:

In the class CalcMainSequence function. You assign pl.CalcSeqOverride = to the number of the sequence on the model you want. You get the number by doing pl:LookupSequence(“run_all”) for example.

for example:
    pl.CalcSeqOverride = pl:LookupSequence(“run_all”)
    return true

pl.CalcIdeal points to an ACT_ enum. CalcSeqOverride takes priority over CalcIdeal if you define CalcSeqOverride.

Ok so I got the sequence to work. But my next question is how would I be able to use a sequence for the attack animation is it the same process?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.