[FIX] eft_handegg_fixed

• I’ve simply pakratted the HL2:EP2 concrete textures into the bsp, so now people without the game (and from what I can tell, it’s a lot of them) can now view the map as intended. Download link here.

• I’ve simply pakratted the HL2:EP2 concrete textures into the bsp, so now people without the game (and from what I can tell, it’s a lot of them) can now view the map as intended. Download link here.

• Game Admins

You can’t rename bsp files post compile. It brings a host of other larger problems for clients (more so when cubemaps have been set).

• whoops, sorry for that. but if the bsp is named the same, won’t that give errors when people try to play it as well? (Your map [map/eft_handegg.bsp] differs from the servers.)

• Game Admins

Correct.

• If it has not already been figured out, you can just rename the map in hammer, then compile.

You can also open the post-renamed map in-game and use buildcubemaps. That fixed the shiny bullshit for me on other maps.

Also, as a rule of thumb, always rename your map when “updating” publicly. Starting with _a to _b to _v. Alpha, Beta, and Version.

Not even 100% sure if those are what those are supposed to stand for according to everyone else, but that is how I think of them.

• rename and release pls pls ty ty

• @Zombie:

If it has not already been figured out, you can just rename the map in hammer, then compile.

the problem is that I’m not allowed to use decompiled BSPs. If somebody has the original vmf file, could they upload it?.

• @dissident93:

the problem is that I’m not allowed to use decompiled BSPs. If somebody has the original vmf file, could they upload it?.

Hm, why not?
    Do not know about VMex?

• Game Admins

“not allowed” is a strong way of putting it. Map decompilers send brush geometry slightly off grid, and complex brushes are altered per vertex.

• In that case there is another solution. Re-create the map and release it as an updated version. It’s a few blocks and a few triggers anyway.

• @Benjy:

“not allowed” is a strong way of putting it. Map decompilers send brush geometry slightly off grid, and complex brushes are altered per vertex.

Thanks. I knew they weren’t a 1:1 perfect recreation once recompiled, but didn’t know the exact ways they differed. I did the buildcubemaps thing in console for the renamed BSP, but that still isn’t as good as a freshly made compile with the original VFM I’m assuming?

• @Donny:

In that case there is another solution. Re-create the map and release it as an updated version. It’s a few blocks and a few triggers anyway.

If you don’t, I will  :th_clap: :th_clap:

• The goal triggers on this map were not parented correctly with the spinning hoop, and because of this, shots that go through the hoop from the side but don’t actually touch the trigger aren’t counted as a goal. It seems to happen nearly every time this map is played now. I’ve fixed this, but I think you (Benjy) should make an exception to the rule of not accepting decompiled maps and add this since it can’t be any more broken than the one currently on the server. While I was at it, I added the aforementioned missing textures, along with fixing the ball spawn platform, as that was also broken. (you couldn’t run/walk at it from a certain angle, as it was steep enough for the game to consider it a wall.)

Fixed BSP here.

• Game Admins

If you hand me the VMF I can give it back to you A-OK.

• The decompiled BSP?

• Game Admins

The Vmf you used to make that latest version. I’ll fix it, compile it and put it on the server.

• Alright, but how exactly will this differ from the one I compiled? Just curious. Here’s the vmf. Do you need the textures as well?

• eft_handegg_r2 uploaded (download here.)

• Converted all func_brushes into world ones or func_detail, which fixes various things, including preventing “wall walking”, which allowed players to walk along the colored func_brush on the walls (I can provide a screenshot of this, if needed), fixing the clipping issue on the ball spawn ramp brushes (for real this time), and reducing the number of unneeded visleafs from over 1000 to just 100

• Built cubemaps this time, which should now give the intended look to players who had the purple overlay on some of the textures

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.